Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohi5mQJPLOM

From the maker of Black Mirror, Charlie Brooker and one last gently caress 2014 and a peremptive gently caress 2015!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

Cat Terrist posted:

Depending on where you live, it's actually considerably more difficult for the original land occupiers to gain any kind of benefit. There's a policy called the Intervention that is claimed policy to isolate welfare payments in the Northern Territory so the Aboriginals dont buy booze and ciggies / drugs. It of course doesnt work, it only makes life harder for them. The actual real problem is also of course a lack of services and jobs, the services are being withdrawn in many places due to "cost cutting", schooling is extremely limited and the jobs are usually either fly in / flyouts or 457 visas and illegal overstayers who fly in, mixed in with 3 month tourist visas. Thence you have a population who have no education, no jobs and no hope. Of course they are going to drink themselves to oblivion!

Now some programs that NGO's have done have targeted the real issues and have worked pretty well to get Aboriginal communities out of poverty and hopelessness. But also get this - the current LNP govt are DEFUNDING these NGO's and leaving no alternatives to the Intervention!

I might point out that the Intervention policies aren't outright targeted at Aborginals, but because they make the majority of the populations int he areas targeted, they are the ones who get bent over. If you are white and live in those communities you would be equally hit but the fact is that whites are more likely to be able to GTFO or get work with a better education.

It's honestly really hosed up and the withdrawal of funding for the NGO's is what really is appalling. Those organisations were making a real difference.

What really pisses me off about Tumblr SJW's is they poo poo on about "their" version of social justice, when you got actual hosed up things like the above going on and they don't give a poo poo about genuine injustice for a second. And the thing that really gets my hackles up is that actually doing something... like say language services for Aboriginal and Refugees is actually pretty easy to get into and also highly rewarding. I've done that and it was awesome - if somewhat occasionally hair raising when they tell the stories of how they got to Australia and what lead them to run - say an Afghan matter of factly telling of his escape from the Taliban and showing the place he was shot in the leg. Or an Iraqi man seeing a bunch of his relatives blown to bits by a car bomb. Or a Somali who hid in a shitter while knife weilding gangs are raping the poo poo out of his sister. These people are far more worthwhile than any number of fat fuckwit politicans or mining magnates.

Just a question, I am in Brisbane but how did you generally get involved in volunteering to for language services? Sounds like a positive and worth while thing to do.

• Locked thread