Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Can't wait to see what I will look like in the morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Random question for AI. I bought new tired for the cop car today since the fiat won't be fixed by next week and I'm planning a road trip. Should I mount them on the gold STi BBS wheels I have and toss the poo poo tires and wheels back on and sell it when I get back or just put them on the cop steelies and hope I can get $500 more when I sell it?

How goofy would a cop car be on STi wheels? The will be too tall I'm sure to put on the STi ever, and the outback can't use that bolt pattern or it would be a no brainier.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'd wonder if the centre bore was even vaguely compatible. If it works I'd love to see it.

I just dropped enough money to buy another beater on kitty teeth. Worth it though.

Hrm I didn't think about that. I assume it would be ok since I put the other set of 18's with the star specs from the STi on there for autocrossing.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm a little surprised, since the GD STI wheels are a 56.1mm centre bore and Vics are 70.3mm. I think you'd have to hog out the wheel.

If the 18s are aftermarket... generic aftermarket wheels usually have a 70-something centre bore, in which case that should probably work and you should put hub centering rings in when you use them on the STI :)

e: I guess unless the aftermarket wheels are lug centric blah blah

drat it won't work without spacers then. I was going to go get one from the storage unit and test fit but I guessit won't help.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Buy the b2200!!! They are the best.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Yep, I left my old job because of this. I was getting paid really well to watch Netflix and play minecraft with goons. But after busting my rear end for 6 years to get a doctorate I felt like I was wasting my potential and losing a lot of knowledge that I'm still paying for.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
I'm bored at work again and I left my laptop charger at home so no working on design stuff. Any suggestions for Netflix to entertain me for the next 5 hours?

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

goatse guy posted:

Welp, time for you to watch Mean Girls.

I'm not sure it has come down to that quite yet.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

goatse guy posted:

You are just shooting down all of my suggestions today. Boo, you whore.

Oh my god iwentdoodie, you can just ask people why they're white.

But to be fair you suggested Gilmore girls and mean girls. There is a girl theme going on here.

And I'm sorry but Lohan is gross due to her being a trashy whore IRL and I'm not sure I could get immersed enough to not see that even if she was better before.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I missed the memo. :(

Although I'm down for national marzipan day.

I'm doubting this source as my Facebook is not blowing up about pharmacist day. Most of the people I graduated with are huge spergs about that type of thing.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

T1g4h posted:

I made the Holdbrooks-mobile in The Crew since the new DLC pack added an Abarth 500 :v:

All it needs is a black roof and all I need is NAWSSS

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

LloydDobler posted:

You guys getting excited about the tech specs of that generator, here's another mind blowing fact - two decades ago (when I was sort of involved in that industry) those things generated around $30,000 worth of electricity every hour. Back before Y2K when everyone was flipping their poo poo over the possibility of software generated blackouts, I just sat back and laughed. As if the power company would let that kind of coin slip through their hands over a software glitch.

I used to design maintenance equipment for things like that, where they talk about downtime not in days or weeks but millions of dollars. Just to drive the point home. One of our customers did a test retrofit replacing a GE turbine with a Siemens turbine, and the project budget was 83 million bucks. Siemens had to promise that the gain in efficiency would pay the 83 mil back in 2 years. They paid it back in 8 months. And that was the improvement plus downtime over the GE turbine. Pretty mind boggling.

Re-read this, I made a few glitches and have edited it like 3 times. Sorry.

Neat, my grandfather was involved in y2k fixes in a lot of nuclear facilities around the country before he retired. The budget of these type of things is mind blowing.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
It's so cold but not as bad as I thought it would be. Nobody murdered anyone so my not getting kill by Internet strangers streak is still going.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

cursedshitbox posted:

the trip or goatse? :v:

She did make me watch mean girls after being in the car for 30 hours...

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

mariooncrack posted:

What did you think of it?

It wasn't terrible I guess but I couldn't really relate since I went to a HS with a graduating class of like 35 people. And in looking forward to my 10 year in August.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Cakefool posted:

Just to sway you, snapchat is the only post-android-2.1 app that managed to both dump me to desktop without an error message, then later just hard reset my phone without any warning.

MSP snapchat crew goes hard, and are a lot of fun to hang out with. I'm sad I have to go back home in the morning but it's been a great time. My 2015 has been off to a good start and since I have a lot of time off I need to use I hope to go visit more goon and have more great adventures all year. So if anyone who is not a murderer and has a couch that wants to hang out at some point hit me up!

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Englishcraftsmanship.txt

Speaking of copart - I have been eyeing the bentley section. If it wasn't such a whore to get parts I would totally own one. Bentley 6.75? :getin:

Anything special needed to buy a shitbox from there? I need more projects lol

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Rhyno posted:

So if you find yourself going towards Indiana you should just drive into a ditch.

http://www.21alive.com/news/local/Court-Documents-Reveal-Gruesome-Details-Of-3-Year-Olds-Death-289198911.html?llsms=1091161&c=y

This is about the kid I posted about earlier.

Holy poo poo. What is wrong with people. I have seen some poo poo in the last year working in pediatrics but that is up there.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
I checked Facebook this morning and I lost a good friend yesterday. Feels real lovely.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
I also didn't know about gypped until a few years ago when I saw it written for the first time. Then I was all like :aaaaa:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

cursedshitbox posted:

some things are fireproof, but there are one or two items in that box that arent...and shouldn't be torched.

E: if I knew it was the flu, I wouldnt have sent the boxes. :(

The good news is that the flu virus can't make it longer than 8 hours on hard surfaces so it should be fine by the time it get to him.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Haha I'm going to start calling people carnies now.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Fucknag posted:

Dammit I commented on one of Rhyno's FB posts again. When will I learn?

144 replies and counting. :stare:

Yeah I stayed out of that one. I didn't need that to blow up my phone all day.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
The only calls I get at 2am are for people that are in trouble or hurt, never anything good.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Phone posted:

Holy poo poo I'm going to be broke as hell this year. Looking at 8 track weekends at least and 2 races. Possibly going to hit up the F1 race, as well.

Oh yeah, buying the ND when it comes out. Buying a house isn't happening; can't race your house.
F1 Do it! I go every year and goon meet while I'm there. It is always worth the trip.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Or for even cheaper use a car dolly from Uhaul.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Pham Nuwen posted:

I don't think the tires are good enough for a dolly, but with a tow hitch and the U-Haul auto trailer, my Crown Vic could do it.

Yeah the Vic could do it but I had to tell them I was towing a 60's bug for them to rent me a dolly whe I brought the outback to AZ from AL.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
I'm sorry CT, the loss of a pet always sucks.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Quite A Tool posted:

Holy poo poo that website is like my teenage wet dreams come to life.

No poo poo, I just spent way too much time wanting the wierdest JDM things.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Wow that is really well done!

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
So I decide to give Tinder a shot and have been pleasantly surprised. I have gotten a bunch of matches in just a day and chatting with all these women has been great to pass time at work. Now I just need to get some time off to go out.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
I'm about to hit 28 years sober. My Automotive Insanity is paid for in part by my lack of vices. I spent the money I would have used at a bar to buy the STi back in school.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Sitting here at work eating some bomb rear end vegan chili. Would have never guessed I would be saying that a few months ago, but it is seriously one of my favorite foods now.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

goatse guy posted:

It's all about that fuckin quinoa man.

It really is, I can't believe I have never had it before last week. I am going to try and incorporate it in to a lot more of what I eat now.

Not sure I can ever go full vegan because neat is pretty tasty, but seeing the seas of cow in northern Texas at the factory farms was pretty sad.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

mariooncrack posted:

I'm sure making chili isn't that hard but every recipe I look at has this long list of ingredients and it kind of scares me away., as silly as that may sound.

It's a lot of stuff but that's waht makes it so good. Making it is super easy since all you have to do is dump that poo poo in a pot and cook it.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

mafoose posted:

And as a non-picky eater I think the texture is just weird.

Thanks, I am going to use this to guilt trip the fiancé about eating it.

I'm have plenty of texture issues with food but strangly none with this.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

fjelltorsk posted:

Thanks for all the AI Hugs, i love you all

I will not go quietly into the night

I know I'm late on this one but keep on fighting, outlook is a major part of fighting cancer.

And if you have any medical related questions or anything for that matter feel free to hit me up. Most of my oncology knowledge is in pediatrics but it is all the same drugs and I can find out whatever you need.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Yeah your spleen is not really needed at all. If they take it out you just need to get re vaccinated for everything and you will be good to go

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Phone posted:

Hey Aussie goons, how on point is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrFAOj8JVzo

I have no idea what I just watched but it was entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
In brighter news I have my first tinder date set up with a microbiologist, so maybe there is something to this thing other than random hookups. Now I just need to not be a goon a screw it up. I can't even remember that last real date I have been on.

• Locked thread