Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
Did some good soul do a list of links to past broadcasts by games this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
Holy poo poo people everyone go watch tasbot plays pokemon red holy poo poo the best thing

http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/b/607265831

there it starts at 37 minutes seriously incredible

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

Zurreco posted:

Schedule seems to not be loading for me. Were there any runs this morning between now and BroForce that were worth watching?

Metal slug advance was pretty nice

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
"Did you hear about the guy who lost his left side, his all right now" :D

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
the girl on the couch looks like she really doesn't want to be there for some reason

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
"I'm free" oh Noobest

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

parasyte posted:

TASBot of course (though MK64 is skippable, but kind of funny).
I like They Bleed Pixels but maybe that should be on a separate list of "runs with dev commentary". The portion of Banjo Kazooie with the sound director on is good for that reason but the rest of it should be skipped.
I'm going to catch up with the NES block later myself.

Battleblock theater is incredible go watch it everyone now!

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

KKKLIP ART posted:

What were the best runs from yesterday? I didn't get to watch at all while I was at work.

what was the last thing you saw?

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

KKKLIP ART posted:

I got home to watch a little bit of the end of LTTP, all of MM. I am watching the Pokemon Red/Blue now, and the last thing I really got to see more than a minute or so of was Shovel Knight, so I'm way behind

Tetris, yes tetris, shovel knight, town with no name, ninja gaiden relay race, castlevania race, Setup portal, hal life opposing force and hl2ep2, trials evolution, pokemon red.blu, cant say about the rpg/long runs as i dont like them much and didnt see them

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

This run is magical :allears:

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
How long does it take for a donation to become visible on the tracker?

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

UraniumAnchor posted:

When Paypal sends the IPN back. (Note that I don't mean the email notification, IPN is a separate notification that Paypal has to send to our server.)

what about with a credit card?

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

UraniumAnchor posted:

Generally less than a minute but lots of things can delay it unfortunately.

oh well this is still great :) thanks!

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

KennyMan666 posted:

Aaaand we're done.

So that recommendations list in second post never actually happened yet but I'll try to actually make it happen Soon™.

Post your recommendations, your lists, your pastebins, 'cause I need to know what multiple people agree on are the must-watches, especially from the parts where I couldn't watch myself.

Going from earliest to last:

Tasbot because Tasbot
Uncharted because pretty cool glitches
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II very fast run
Battleblock Theater for the incredibly funny interaction with the devs
I wanna be the Boshy very good run of a bullshit difficult precise platformer and great commentary from the runner
All the games in the arcade block
Tetris: The Grandmaster exhibition you have to watch this
Shovel Knight nice run of a unique game with dev commentary
The awful games block but especially Town with no name
Ninja Gaiden relay race incredible race
punch out wii very skillful run
Castlevania Sotn race also a great race
Half life 2 ep 2 nice use of the source engines quirks runner and couch have great chemistry
Setup portal 2 players one controller enough said
Trials evolution good run of a very hard game
Vanquish soda% into handholding%
Dark souls 2 any% glitch less again very good run of a hard game
Dark souls 2 glitched so you know why they run glitch less
Pokemon green because what
Tasbot 2

EDIT: all in all a great *gdq I think this was the best ratio of solid and great to bad and stinking runs ever

FailAtMagic fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jan 11, 2015

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Good event and good result. Hopefully some of the issues that plagued this time are fixed for next time.

No they won't be fixed until they hire a professional company to organize this, which the won't unless they start making like 10 mills per *gdq

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

snodig posted:

I'm not a big fan of '100%' and 'race' being in the same run, so I hope they leave that out at the next event.

yeah 100% race is a bit weird also I really hope they don't do a race of such a random game like Isaac again. I guess the metroid thing was also very unlucky but at least the guy just died and stopped playing not went over the time limit by like 20 minutes

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Holy poo poo how the hell did the donations jump to 1.3 million? I know Humble Bundle donated 200k but that still leaves another 200k that seemingly came out of nowhere over night. It was stuck at 910k when I went to sleep.

The donation tracker bugged out at some point and ate about 400k of donations and they're adding them manually now

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

that video is never not going to be funny

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

evilalien posted:

Yes, they are making money from that ad.

Not if they have monetization off but that's probably not the case

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

flatluigi posted:

Note that also some runners might be taking stuff down that the marathon isn't, too -- I know Werster wanted his run only on the official channel and his own channel for now.

Can he even do that? I would think the owner of the footage was AGDQ not him. Actually that's very interesting now that I think about it. UA do you know who is the owner of the footage ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

Kanfy posted:

I've been watching a Japanese guy do the same and it's great entertainment to have in the background, especially since the music is pretty good.

I think he's only at around 2000 deaths so far though, but his and the chat's reactions to the countless horrible failures and occasional hard-fought successes never get old.

Link??? Also you now made me want to see Game center CX and Kaicho taking a shot at IWBTG

• Locked thread