Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

First year I've managed to swing getting off for the entire event instead of just Awful Games Done Quick, so I'm excited to catch most of these runs live this time!

I'm most interested in how the roguelike/lite speedrun block is going to turn out (in shambles or surprising me), but I also can't wait to be entertained as usual by PJ runs (Arcade Battletoads and BattleBlock Theater) as well as the AwfulGDQ block that I normally watch in full (Swamp Thing, Blasto, Sneak King).

Edit: Holy poo poo, blindfolded Child Dungeons of Ocarina of Time? :stare:

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

I've noticed that two of the Stop n' Swap egg locations (the Gobi's Valley one and the one in the cask in the basement he just went in) were open; is there something different with the version of the game he's playing, or do they remain open if you unlocked them on a different save file?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Lord Chumley posted:

Pretty sure those stay open even if you wipe the save file.

Makes sense, I was curious since I've never played the game through again on a copy after having gotten everything.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Rorus Raz posted:

Yeah I dunno if any% is better, but 100% Banjo-Kazooie was not the best.

I forget if they are able to clip through the note doors, but if they can't, they would still need to get 810/900 notes and 92/100 jiggies.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Vaah posted:

Maybe I haven't scoured the schedule hard enough, but I'm sad there's no "awful games" block or Peaches_ runs.

Awful games starts on the 8th?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

What a clutch accidental ending!

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

This was a dumb race.

It was especially awful because cat god man on the left kept exploring levels even after he had everything he needed to win, and that STILL wasn't enough for guy on the right to catch up.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

Oh my god it only just dawned on me why they're using CRTs :stare:

What's the reason? I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Elos posted:

refresh rates above 60Hz?

:doh: gently caress I'm tired, thanks.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

How do they keep one-upping it. What more is there to one-up? :stare:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Oh poo poo, time for double TGM.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

"So you're saying I can play that fast?"

"No. What I'm saying is, when you're ready, you won't have to."

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

UA, how are you going to fit this whole segment into the highlight reel?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Is the music in this game by Neil Cicierega?

E: Nope, but I was close; the boss music is the same as the animutation he made based on some weird song.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jan 8, 2015

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Nipplebox posted:

Tetris guy is going to start streaming TGM runs:

Yesssssss

His twitch link is the same as his twitter handle (KevinDDR) if anyone else wants to follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Dias posted:

"He broke his toothbrush. At a 90o angle."

PJ, ladies and gentleman.

Don't forget where he tried to use the toothbrush after it snapped, and it snapped again!

E:fb

• Locked thread