Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I have a ton of games I haven't started yet or never finished. Which one should I kick off the new year with?

The truth of the matter is that I will abandon whatever game I start for WOW.

Alien Isolation - just got it, haven't started
GTA V - played for about 2 hours, haven't gone back
Bravely Default - I have never finished a JRPG
Sunset Overdrive - haven't started
Dragon Age Inquisition - haven't started. Have not played the previous ones
Pokemon whatever the new one is - I have never finished a Pokemon game. See Bravely Default.
Far Cry 4 - haven't started
DOTA 2 - have never played, am interested in learning. Seems both wonderful and awful.

Help me start the year off right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mine was Lovely Planet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mine was league of legends, im going to go kill myself now

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Mine's Zelda 2

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Please do not play dota, OP.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

K. Flaps posted:

Please do not play dota, OP.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
finish bravely default OP, apart from the dumb filler bits towards the end its easily one of my fave jrpgs

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
oh poo poo... my first game of 2015 was puzzle and dragons... im a loving casual

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

My first game of 2015 was minesweeper.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
dota 2 op

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I like Far Cry 4 a lot, it's got everything I liked from FC3 and nothing I didn't.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

The first game of 2015 was "get up at 6AM and go to work like a bitch."

I'd say go with Far Cry 4 of Alien

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

metricchip posted:

The first game of 2015 was "get up at 6AM and go to work like a bitch."

I'd say go with Far Cry 4 of Alien
"Laughing out loud" at this rear end in a top hat who gets to sleep in til 6 on a work day.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Xenoblade, that way it can also be your first game of 2016.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Wizardry 4

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

Commissar Ken posted:

Xenoblade, that way it can also be your first game of 2016.

The last game I play before committing suicide. No thank you.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Gimmick! for the Famicom.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you havent already played a game?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Freedom Planet.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
dungeon of the endless

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

this morning i logged into hearthstone to get my card back for december.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
just read the entire op and i think the op should quit playing games completely

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

just read the entire op and i think the op should quit playing games completely

I wish I could. I would be a much better person. Possibly not 700lbs, but who's to say on that?

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Why are you buying all these games and not playing them op? :ohdear:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

farcry 4 is the most fun once you have the helicopter, grenade launcher, and wingsuit.

Frisky
Apr 2, 2012

What turtle?
Dota 2. Then you will not need to play anything else for the rest of your life, op.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm trying to decide if I should abandon FF13 and try to play Trails in the Sky again

I'm told the latter has great story and characters which is what I care about in an RPG but the combat is so slow :(

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Ciaphas posted:

I'm trying to decide if I should abandon FF13 and try to play Trails in the Sky again

I'm told the latter has great story and characters which is what I care about in an RPG but the combat is so slow :(

It's slow and meticulous, but charming and riddled with neat secrets. If you keep pressing at it, it will deliver.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

It would also mean abandoning FF13 again though

Only up to chapter... 6?... but I'm pretty okay with the gameplay, not sure about the story yet though I'm told it turns to dogshit which is kind of a turnoff

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

im a homo. im a human being. im a big gay baby with no life no dick

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Puppy Galaxy posted:

im a homo. im a human being. im a big gay baby with no life no dick

Dec 26, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

it has a slow pace, but overall its pretty great so far. idk, if you mind slow pace that much then jrpgs may not be for you

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i don't mind a slow paced story at all, just the combat is not very interesting

if something changes after the prologue i'd be happy to hear it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is trails in the sky a great game, i've never heard of it? like if i'm playing suikoden II and chronocross right now am i gonna be like "eh gently caress this" if i go to trails in the sky next?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Real hurthling! posted:

is trails in the sky a great game, i've never heard of it? like if i'm playing suikoden II and chronocross right now am i gonna be like "eh gently caress this" if i go to trails in the sky next?

It's incredibly slow, but it's worth the patience due to the fact that it has something which most jRPGs seem to lack: charm. I would say it is most definitely worth it if you're willing to sit down and take your time with the game.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

TITS is bad if you're adhd

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Real hurthling! posted:

If you like ye olden RPGS like Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest, 2d Final Fantasies, Mother/Earthbound, then it's one to get.

If you're playing Suikoden 2, then yeah you're gonna like it. Similar style of play just without the need to collect 108 stars of destiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Give Pat a Job posted:

I wish I could. I would be a much better person. Possibly not 700lbs, but who's to say on that?

gently caress off, you're almost as much of an Anti-Gamer as Taint Reaper.

• Locked thread