Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Anidav posted:

Happy New Year Goons, kill all boomers!

The guy even states in his interview 'well when I started the business everyone had empty lots and was building houses, now all the houses are built or replaced with flats there is no market for me!'

So close, yet so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Middle-upper management (which is mostly inhabited by boomers) is also mostly 'unskilled' in that literally anyone can be placed into one of those roles and figure it out.

Or at the very least, every middle manager I have ever met has had less skills in the field than anyone else that worked under them, but got paid more.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Fruity Gordo posted:

Yup. The judgement was literally 'yeah so she is a survivor of domestic violence committed by this man but she defamed him by mentioning it in public.' Straya.

Without the details on the one actual offense that was recorded then its difficult to make this call.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I do it with the BBQ scraper cos I only cook on a BBQ like a real bloke.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

KKs is good but nothing at all can even come close to a Passionfruit icing donut.

I made a pact with my girlfriend that we would eat no more maccas - 14 days strong. their Iced Coffee Frappes are still fair game tho because ruling those out is just insanity.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I honestly was shocked that he didnt sound like the dopy arsehole that friendlyjordies makes him sound like.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Kial posted:

While I agree the case is unrelated to wider refugee policy, why let someone like this into the country? Send him home. Is there something I'm missing in the case here?

Yeah a misguided belief that everyone can be rehabilitated?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'm in Tokyo right now and holy loving poo poo is the public transport here incredible. Never had to wait more than 5min for a train, never had to even consider a taxi except for after 1am.

And loving pasmo cards are amazing.

It saddens me that this kind of infrastructure would never exist in Sydney, because it would take up valuable space you could build toll roads/tunnels in.

Also the entire network is less confusing than central station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Amethyst posted:

To be fair, it's a city of 40 million people.

But yeah, their ticketing system is much better, which is crazy when you consider all of the lines are owned by separate companies.

That's what I found the most amazing. We can't even get one company using one card to work properly. There's like 10 networks here that all use multiple cards and they all play nice.

And not only that, they can be topped up at train stations with a machine that looks like it's from the 80s and don't cost heaps to open an account (which is then immediately refunded upon returning the card)

What I'm saying is that the opal card people Cleary never visited Tokyo, the most well known train city in the world, before making opal.

• Locked thread