Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Well everyone heard about this by now

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/03/world/europe/italy-migrants-rescue.html?_r=1&referrer=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

What does a eval or bragsheet look like for rates that advance like 95% every cycle? I understand it's still important but yeah

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Back to your home of record or where you went to MEPS?

Where's squirrely

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Useless? That's like the most useful thing if it's cold as balls

I believe it's command discretion. Definitely did in boot camp. But I can't imagine you'd be allowed to stroll around a base at 1 pm when it's 80 degrees out wearing one

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I feel like a small ship would be alright and you know actually have camaraderie and command pride etc and less buddy loving. Big ships seem like a free for all aside from the mafia and Chiefs mess

Big ships, however, are a mess. Showing up and deploying then taking off is nice but I felt bad when we left and knew why they hated us.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 9, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:shrug:

What about like the really small ones

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Idk Seabees and EOD think they're quite the operators compared to any other job. they probably ingrain that poo poo in their heads during training. Seabees are mostly cool but yeah. Navy EOD think they're the most elite EOD compared to all the other branches

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

They're slowly phasing them out though. Or that's been the rumor for the last 10 years. They have terrible advancement now and they did get rid of a battalion (I think?)

I just remember them sitting inside the nice air conditioned lounge area with wifi while locals slaved away outside laying asphalt and building poo poo. The Seabees did build a platform for a Xmas tree though. There was just so many of them I didn't understand the point.

I wonder how popular Navy EOD has gotten since Godzilla

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The much smaller ships have IDCs or a PA, yeah. But an LHD or above will definitely have a medical officer. LHDs actually serve as fleet hospitals so they have specialty docs (surgeons, etc) and a lot of regular docs. I was told the medical space on an LHD is bigger than a carrier.

Every Marine battalion has to have at least an MO (or DO I guess). Or at least that's how it was. Where I worked it was initially 2 MOs and an IDC but then a PA replaced one and became the battalion surgeon as the second one left. We got another MO soon after but the PA was left as the battalion surgeon. They might be using PAs more but aside from getting rid of some Marine battalions they're not downsizing too much.

Then you also have to factor in FST (fleet surgical team, blue side) and poo poo like STP (shock trauma platoon). Plus a ton of other places you can end up. Just greenside alone you have a lot. Then of course blueside there's flight surgeons, Seabees, special warfare poo poo, etc

But let's be honest you'll just end up in a hospital working family practice treating dependents with fibromyalgia or as a flight surgeon because they always seemed to be the least experienced/trained of the bunch.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I keep reading OHP as overhead press

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I love when enlistment people are on their soap box all "THAT IS A DIRECT ORDER!" Like it'll make us more likely to do it or like they can even give those

:jerkbag:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sup

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I always took mental note of the dudes that re-enlisted and 9 times out of 10 they had a fat wife and or kids

Also god drat all the guys I met early on are married with kids pretty much. Barracks suck I guess

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

A Marine buddy is in the process of a divorce and they make him pay $900 to his wife. I don't remember if it was until it was finalized or for x amount of time.

They keep tricare if you're married for 20+ even after a divorce, no? Some poo poo like that

This is all sea lawyer poo poo so idk

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

This thread sucks (much like my posting)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Some get lucky and get ok jobs but yeah depends which way the wind is blowing that day

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Laranzu posted:

Hell yeah. Went in to walk some dogs. This dude walked in all skinny and greasy and smelling terrible. They transferred him from Texas to Colorado and cut his balls off the day before. He sat and shook and walked great on the leash.

Peeps always compliment us on how amazing he is but we can't even take credit. His papers say Australian cattle dog mix but he is basically a pit mix.

Good dogge. Rescue pups best pups

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ManMythLegend posted:

Anybody know of any good soul food places in San Diego?

There was a place called Acme Southern Kitchen but apparently now closed

Sister Pee Wee's looks promising

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Gonna check out the 2nd one this weekend :cmon:

I don't drink but if you want to ride a tandem bike or something

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah it's the fmf pin. Anyone attached to a Marine unit can get it. Officer or enlisted. He does have a Marine good conduct medal so maybe he was a Marine for a bit and then went to the Navy and then got picked up for that while enlisted? I don't know. Those are midshipmen right? Officers wear gold ones but I guess they're not officers yet so idk

I did hear some poo poo that Marines could get that pin they just couldn't wear it. Also heard on ship they can get surface warfare and poo poo but can only wear it on ship. Never saw it though.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jan 28, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah the only odd thing is the Marine good conduct

Again anyone with a Marine unit can get one. Which is usually just HM (obv) LS or PS

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

anything else?

it's pretty much like Arma

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

That rate has some of the lower point requirements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

PM me all your questions dawg or we can aim like its 1992

• Locked thread