Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Suleman posted:

Source: Marvel’s Voices #45

...Moondragon isn't emotionally stunted?

Maybe Emma meant to invite Moon Girl and is too embarrassed to admit it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

More comics should lambast Doom for being a ridiculous baby man rather than buying his bullshit.

Yeah, I am deeply happy to see "Doom is literally the guy to cut off his nose to spite his face and he loving sucks" instead of the usual thinly veiled worship.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Fantastic Four #7.

Please put Ryan North in charge of the FF movie, and hell, he wouldn't be an awful Reed with a dye job.

Reed you literally went to heaven and met God

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm glad Ryan North is doing regular superhero work again. From yesterday's Fantastic Four #8.

Wait does that mean for every superhero universe there is a nearly identical one with the other Bearenstæin Bear?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

They did.

In The Flash

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You can't fool me, that's Zordon.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darthemed posted:

The Punisher War Journal #64 (1994)

(subsequently...)

The Punisher #17 (2002)

The Amazing Spider-Man #380 (1993)

The Punisher #19 (2003)

Firestorm #19 (2006)

Firestorm looking pretty Hal Jordan there

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

She looks like ahe is about to turn into a Swastika

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There was a what if called something like "What if Logan never escaped from The Hand" where he apparently was capable of killing basically every hero on Earth. Pretty much everyone but Kitty Pride dies and she stops Logan by unphasing when her arm is through his head so it gets stuck in his brain. So there's at least one which is "Wolverine, if unchecked, will gently caress up everyone"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Uthor posted:

... Can Kate Pryde kill everyone?

Adventures of Superman #582

In this particular case 'unphasing her arm through her head' meant she had to lose the arm so unless she gets the ability to regrow arms probably not.

That said if Kitty Pride went on a murder spree it would be *extremely loving hard* to stop her.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caidin posted:

Couldn't you just psychic her down? Couldn't you psychic all of the Marvel Universe killers down? I mean Chuck drops almost every ball he's ever had but somebody surely...

Anti-psychic gear comes in every box of corn flakes in the Marvel universe

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Why is Beast a blue fuzzy orc now

Because terrible writers saw a character whose gimmick was 'a kind smart man in the body of a monster' and fell over themselves to write 'no wait what if he was just a monster, your initial impression of someone is 100% accurate'

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SimonChris posted:

From the Danish Valhalla comics. Hard-boiled Odin investigates the mystery of the magic mead of poetry.

Valhalla #11(1998) (Unofficial translation. Transl. date unknown)

Valhalla has never been officially translated into English, but I am posting the entire run in the favorite comics thread.

This is genuinely really cool stuff, thank you for translating and posting.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

No it was Microchip

No, I'm pretty sure they were right the first time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

X-Men Red #15

Spider-Man Animals Assemble

Uncanny Spider-Man #1

Predator vs. Wolverine #1

"My Adoptive Mother Is An Evil Sorceress Who Utilized My Crisis Of Faith to Turn my Innate Optimism into a Magical Weapon Then Tried To Steal It" is my favorite Japanese light novel.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kurui Reiten posted:

Why would you go to Captain America for this? Or, more specifically, Captain America before anyone else? Yeah he's dealt with a lot of weird poo poo, but like his power set is "strong, agile, throws shield good". The only unique things he could bring to a party like the FF would be "throws shield good" and "is good at strategy" and those things can both be handled pretty well by Susan already.

If you need to have someone give a great patriotic and uplifting speech to beat this dude, well, he's your guy, but otherwise I'm having trouble seeing what Captain America can do here that the rest of the FF can't.

Captain America is a better tank than The Thing who is really more of a DPS.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Uthor posted:

This needs a narration box explaining what's going on.

It is a Jojo Panel

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Doctor Solar, Man of the Atom #20 (1967)

That is totally the Cyclops action figure you get in a 4.99 Team Pack with Woverine, Batman and Spider-Man.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Prisoner Riku - Chapter 21

Aw man don't put the loving fist in your mouth in public.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Philippe posted:

It's good that he's wearing a mask, otherwise people might recognise him.

Nobody talking to Nightwing looks at his face.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Radioactive Man #1000 (1995)

In case people don't get the refrence

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Keromaru5 posted:

Also, it's from Japan, where gun and drug laws are super strict, homicide rates are to the right of the decimal point, every neighborhood has a small police office, and officers only use their guns under the most extreme circumstances. If anything, a setting where crime is out of control and police are powerless is probably part of the escapism.

Oh the other hand the prime minister was murdered with a homemade shotgun

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Read right to left.

Pokemon: The Electric Tale of Pikachu #2 (1998)

I decided to look this up to see what the original joke was. In the japanese version it was "ジャン=リュック ピカチュウ" or.. Jean-Luc Pikachu.

So, yep, that's just the joke.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kevin Palpatine posted:

ah, Pinkerton, we hardly knew ye

I was going to say "didn't he turn out to be creepy sexpest" but that was John Cheese.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This is from a not particularly great manga called Shojo Null but this particular panel made me laugh.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Surf's Up, Pikachu #2 (1999)

God Team Rocket makes so much more since if you just assume Giovani was soused off his rear end 24/7

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kennel posted:

Dr. Hormone (1940)

Oh yes, this is a well documented procedure. They call it Maximum the Hormone.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am guessing she dies horribly sometime in the next 5 pages.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

It's 100% a given that Mirror Universe Barclay's holodeck tastes are illegal even by Mirror Universe standards

But that's true of regular universe Barclay

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ah, the days before he was Dr. Rape.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

darthbob88 posted:

Doctor Strange 13. Apparently one of the games people were freaking out over during the Satanic Panic was real, and Dr Strange needs to assemble an adventuring party to enter the game and deal with it. He is the magic-user, Dr Badr from Moon Knight is the priest, Taskmaster is the fighter, and Black Cat is the thief, a decision which Clea takes issue with.

Strong words coming from a woman who hosed Ben Franklin.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

From Thanos #4.

Not a good idea to argue with The Hulk. You don't want him tossing The Salad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

Before it was commandeered by sex toys, what did "vibrators" used to mean?

Elongated Man means exactly what you think he means there. Vibe is from the mid 1980s.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Someone have that panel of Batroc talking about how he's the best at fighting Captain America, like he always loses, but it takes long enough the other guys can get away with the loot? I think it was in a Gwenpool book.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, i can't blame her. who can resist the living embodiment of the 80's?

If I remember correct that was Mister Mxyzptlk

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GPTribefan posted:

That’s the Beyonder, right? drat was John Byrne a petty guy…. Between that and Sunspot in Legends, he really wanted to make sure people knew he hated Shooter.

Beyonder was Marvel. That was Mxy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Keromaru5 posted:

And here I just got through the second arc of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, which so far has been virtually nothing but lurid, grody, and ridiculous violence that I almost certainly would have eaten up in 6th or 7th grade.

A bit too many nazis for my tastes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

how to get a telepaths attention in X-Men Forever 3

Oh no, Emma Frost will be so embarrassed to be pictured in her underwear. Her standard outfits are so conservative and unrevealing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lily Thevalley is a dark horse Gundam contender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Splint Chesthair posted:

Okay, it’s impossible not to hear “FIGURINES” in Dr. Orpheus’ voice.

I feel like every Dr. Strange writer has to struggle with that.