Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Obligatory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No wonder he's pissed all the time, having to drink nothing but American Beer :shudder:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

This would be a good joke if it was still the 90s. American craft beers blow 99% of the foreign imports we get out of the water these days. Unless of course you're not american yourself and only know budweiser and it's equivalents.

It's me, I'm the ugly american.

Well that was written before the 90s so there :colbert:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

mind the walrus posted:

the gently caress is Wilford Brimley doing there?

Dogabeetus

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

tell me they cover the part about crashing later

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I guess you could use the Ultimate suit. It's terrible but at least would look fine on film.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If your erection levitates 2 feet away from your body seek medical attention. I mean if Ribic says it was intentional pretty hard to argue that, but I'm really not seeing it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's terrific, I want a movie of this.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Terrific, I want a million dollars

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Who the hell is-

Marvel Wiki posted:

Dr. Arthur Nagan was a former surgeon who took the organs from gorillas to use in people. However, his scheme was allegedly thwarted by the gorillas, who somehow transplanted his head onto a gorilla’s body

I goddamn love comics.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just read it and it works a bit better in context. Also you're definitely not supposed to agree with him or think he's cool and badass.

zoux posted:

You see the ENOUGH coming in from the top of the last panel, I assume that's Abin Sur or somebody.

It's the guardians and the entire corps.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait, I thought the GL rings turned off if you tried to use them to kill?

It tried. His will was strong enough to break it and eventually his whole universe

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Duke Igthorn posted:

"The Green Lantern Ring grants the wearer incredible and incomprehensible powers and abilities, by harnessing pure willpower it can be used to construct anything to the very limits of the imagination." *shoots green energy*

That pretty much is the limit of Jordan's imagination

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Knormal posted:

random Cobra trooper.

He won a sales contest

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"Team, Thanos and The Avengers are involved in a very sticky, nutty, chewy, chocolatey -- put it away, Spider-boy!"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, a gal who dresses up like a cat clearly has issues.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Autism Sneaks posted:

Because you can't tell two dark-haired women drawn by two different artists apart if they're wearing sunglasses?

Excuse me she's also wearing purple.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

At least with Secret Empire they didn't try to do the "truth is in the middle" thing that keeps causing issues with Civil Wars

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hulk Smash! posted:

I'd blame Byrne but I think that was a Bill Mantlo issue.

Byrne just had him as a dwarf with peak athleticism, Mantlo did all the weird stuff.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I can’t imagine Vader appreciated that.

I feel bad enough when I gently caress up at work, can’t imagine it’s a good feeling to realize you shot at Darth loving Vader

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I liked the earlier bit at GCPD. I love how Gordon just expects this stuff by now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ManiacClown posted:

Pretty much that, yeah.

Edit: To elaborate, I meant specifically a Jackie Mason sort of vibe. That's pretty much the image a lot of us out here have of Jews, as nobody ever accused South Dakota of being diverse.

The word you wanted here was Yiddish

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's not a dog it's a Cerval :colbert:

Also they were kind of supposed to be bad, New X-Factor was a corporate team

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Doom would never vote for anyone other than Doom, were he to allow voting

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"Kissinger always gave me the creeps, what an evil man" -Victor von Doom

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, with there being no possible future reprints the originals have been ticking up in price.

I posted a "what would save in a fire" pic on Instagram and the HC was one of the books I picked and I had an even dozen offers to buy it.

Eh, Disney will buy WB in a couple years and just merge it all together, then we get reprints on JLA/Avengers and Amalgam stuff

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Calaveron posted:

Early Spider-Man has a fantastic moment that took them entirely too long to put in a movie
That part where he's buried under tons of rubble and has to lift it all off of him, and Homecoming adapted it :discourse:

Spider-man 2 also did it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Evil Dead sequence in 2 justifies pretty much all of 3

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ghostlight posted:

It's okay, Mexico is going to come up with one.

They’ll pay for that!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Look at this new character. He’s a straight, white, cisgendered man with a hot love interest and a gruff attitude. Very new and original, no checkboxes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Her secondary mutation is turning into Diamond Joe Quimby

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

And Fisk abhors losing face.

He’s lucky he’s never been in an Ennis comic

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And Sasquatch, although that was at least semi on purpose

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lurdiak posted:

Stupid Sexy Plas.

I suppose, technically speaking, it’s like he’s wearing nothing at all...nothing at all...nothing at all

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Push El Burrito posted:

Ok I suspend disbelief for a lot of stuff in comics. But this quick change by Moon Knight is a step too far.

It’s totally in character for MK to take a five minute pause in his internal monologue while changing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

site posted:

Probably the only good set of panels in the entirety of secret empire

Wait is O'Grady alive again?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I always liked the idea that everyone obviously knows Clark is Superman, but who's going to call him out? Best case you disappoint superman, worst case you get Injustice/Irredeemable

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alaois posted:

there's only one Millar who spells it with an A

Hey, don't forget well know complete idiot Mike S Millar

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Question IRL posted:

Hey Jimmy. Clark and Lois aren't brother and sister. That's maybe something you should know about your co-workers.

He was pretty upset when he got the wedding invitation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It’s Been done