Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
In for a Morrison penny, in for a Morrison pound

from The New Adventures of Hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Gaz-L posted:

That is, by the way, the sum-total of everything the Odinson has discovered about the new Thor in Aaron's book.

Could someone post the panel a page back where he's saying he's with a woman who is not his mother and who kisses well?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Preacher #9

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Hakkesshu posted:

Hilarious. That Ennis, what a corker!

Sorry, too highbrow for you. Here's something that might be a little more your speed. Also Preacher #9

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

SomeMathGuy posted:

Maybe the mystery is why you'd put tomatoes in? Unless that's like a regional thing.

Pretty common. In fact, if you look on the ingredient list of one of those packets of beef stew seasoning mix, you'll probably see either tomato powder or nearby instructions to add a can of tomato puree when you're making it.

What the hell is the mystery turnip by the potato? I know of no striped root vegetables.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Sandman Mystery Theatre #64

Lt. Burke against proving himself as suitable material for the Green Lantern Corps

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Preacher 44

Preacher 51

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

ManiacClown posted:

I've said before how much I love John Ostrander,

Remind me some time to get really drunk and upload a bunch of Wasteland panels.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Disgusting Coward posted:

I'm impressed dude was able to lift a pen with such heavy hands.

That actually pretty subtle and understated for Ennis. There's actually character building, depth and motivation to the "girlfriend" character in Preacher and that page is pretty striking look into the kind of thing that made her the way she is. Ennis is a writer and not an illustrator so it's more likely that a keyboard was used to write that than a pen. Otherwise, great zinger, keep up the brilliant critique.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
http://www.macgyveronline.com/pages/comicfg.html

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I find the prospect of vampires sleeping in pinball tables like they were coffins to be hilarious. While the tops do hing up for service, I'm disappointed that no one told Moore or Stan Woch that you still can't fit a vampire in one.

Swamp Thing v.2 #38

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Dr. Hurt posted:

Wouldn't that be pointless since the lid is glass and would let light in? Or is the vampire town at the bottom of the lake?

That's a flashback to before it being submerged. I think the idea was that they would be stashing themselves underneath the playfield, which will also hing up, but it wasn't really drawn right. No matter, you still could not fit a vampire in there, regardless of what other posters think it's what they want you think.

e: maybe they gutted the machines and repurposed them as coffins. I guess that's pretty badass too, but not as badass as having a working COSMIC BALL table.

Sizone fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 9, 2015

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Rereading Moore's run on Swamp Thing is inspiring me. I'm going to be a super villain, my power will be to make people relive the trauma of their origin stories over and over again. I'm mostly going to gently caress with Batman.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Much like how Batman's cape obscures his form and draws gunfire away from his vital organs, so too my enormous, flowing gut would distract and draw his punches away from my organs and face.

I have this all thought out.

If, after the first missed punch, he persisted, I would threaten him with making Kevin Smith write his flagship book again.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Sentinel Red posted:

Awww, I take it all back, he sounds like a genuinely cool and sweet dude, even if he did draw everyone like derpy, swivel-eyed lunatics and give them the dumbest names humanly possible. The world needs more sweethearts like that.

Black Racer

Darkseid

Orion

These aren't the dumbest names, they are the most loving metal.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Keeshhound posted:

Wait, so you're telling me that Superman didn't have a twitter account prior to this, and Lex Luthor hadn't jumped on every possible variation of his name to troll him?

It's injustice, I think Luthor's busy defending the WCW World Heavy Weight Title or something.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Have you read Hex?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I really enjoyed Sweet Tooth and i would like to share how much I enjoyed it, but this is about the funniest sequence of panels in the entire series

Sweet Tooth #18

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Peter Bagge's Other Lives

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Prison Warden posted:

I'd forgotten how wordy comics could be...

Meanwhile, I'm kind shocked at how text-light most currentish comics are. Just read through Sweet Tooth and I swear it takes less than 5 minutes to read an issue, same thing with Bandette.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

because dear god that loving art is disgusting. the writing is

virtually indistinguishable from atomic robo.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Grendels Dad posted:

I'd wager a good 1/3 of his pouches contain nothing but needles, threads and thimbles.

And another 1/3rd contain more pouches.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Phylodox posted:

I imagine Cable always reeks of rancid Fruit Roll-Ups and stale Dunkaroos from all the snacks he's forgotten about putting in those pouches.

P sure it would take time travel to cause a fruit roll up to go bad.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Lurdiak posted:

Twinkies and fruit pies actually go bad really fast, not sure how they got that rep.

They get stale, they don't go bad. They don't ever go bad. They will survive even the Great Disaster

From Bizarro World

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Kelly

from Watchmen #8

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Well, I guess it's a better way to spend some time that molesting kids

Who needs secret wars when you can have secret ways (of catching fish)

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

it sounds like people are asking me to post sonic comics again

Stray Toasters #3

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Adjusted for inflation, that's about 2500$

I realize it's not exactly a funny panel, but the existence of a bronze Sandman statue that cost as much as a used car is kind of amazing me. Who was this for? Who bought this?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
To be fair, when the Marvel Cookbook was published, flour had a much higher asbestos content.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHOFmHMTN5k

3:35

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Transmetropolitan 26

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Lurdiak posted:

Awkward.

The gently caress is that from? Speaking of cross promotion, anyone have some panels of that DC/NASCAR crossover thing?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Shut up about your goddamn popculture team ups.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

More anime spider from Transmetropolitan # 31

POST FUNNY PANELS IN THE POST FUNNY PANELS THREAD

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Wonder Woman v.2 #73

Bernie Sanders believes that no wonder woman who works full time should live in poverty.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

The Minx #1

What's your true name, BSS?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Wonder Woman v.2 # 72

It's almost alive and I can play Doom on it.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Wonder Woman v.2 #77

Jeez man, don't bug The Flash when he's eating. Especially to talk about Guy Gardner

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Or maybe it's all propaganda and Prime is a sadistic idiot no better than Megatron.

Even an A.I. that keeps StarScream around as second in command would require more than 360kb. Hell, even John McCain's a couple of gigs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Dareon posted:

And yes, he does make a good Nazi.

Shhh.... That's Starr, Jessy's main antagonist.