Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

How could we forget the old Radio Shack-Superman comics? Where the TRS-80 Whiz Kids used the incredible processing power of the TRS-80 to help Supes save lives?

The idea was that Superman gets affected by some green-K dust thanks to Major Disaster, and the only thing that can help him not be a mindless wreck are two junior high kids with a Radio Shack home PC.

"A full five seconds ago?" :smug:

There were actually a few of these, and eventually Wonder Woman and Supergirl got in on the action.

That's actually pretty impressive considering that the internet was still like a decade away.

"In color?" :monocle:

I admit I love those old pocket computers, if for no other reason that they're actually pretty useless. Especially since it didn't have a lot of on-board memory, so to save your work you had to get a cassette docking unit.

Yup, back in Ye Olden Tymes we actually used cassette tapes for data storage.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You laugh, but the reason Prime's on a floppy is because he entered a video game virtual deathmatch with Megatron (on that kid's supercomputer), and the loser would have their body destroyed. Optimus lost because he went out of his way to save a bunch of video game NPCs even though they weren't real, and he ended up getting blown up.

Nobody knew that the kid saved Prime on disk, and for the next bunch of issues he uses Prime as a character in his video games, and Prime thinks he's just a character in the games.

Yeah.

e:

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 6, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Transformers wiki is great because it's probably the only fandom that really understands and accepts the underlying core of the property they're fans of.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

Yes, this comic is about a cowboy who goes to Mars to fight Nazis. It is surprisingly boring!
He's...

...from Earth.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Cap #387 or thereabouts:

So is that Claremont or Byrne?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sadly, I don't know the issue so I don't know how Superboy gets out.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ensign_Ricky posted:

When did Frank Miller go completely bugfuck insane? should be among those questions.
Followed closely by "and how does he keep getting work?"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Really? I could have sworn Holy Terror wasn't that long ago.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

prefect posted:

He wrote Robocop 2. :(

Not the script they ended up using, though. According to Miller they "butchered" his script.

Fortunately he was able to release it as a comic. He didn't do the art, but the guy he got was very much on the same page.

See the insanity for yourself.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The only thing I remember about robocop 2 is the test trials with the robot killing itself.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah 4th grade nothing I want to hang that in my cube.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

What? Don't you like Clive Barker's Razorline?

90's as gently caress.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love how even to this day people are surprised that the guy who tested a mutating serum on himself makes Bad Science Decisions.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I choose to believe this is a Pratchett reference.

Prez #5

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Uthor posted:

Can you post the two panels were Prez is introduced and has to apologize to the meat machine on the plane? I'm away from a scanner until this evening.

Still Prez #5.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

To be fair, that is pretty much in keeping with Superboy Prime's character.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

That really is a great "well, I'll be damned" expression.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The talk of Punisher 2099 in the Badass thread reminded me of this thing, which is not badass. Dig that crazy cyberlingo!

Ghost Rider 2099, don't know which issue. One of the first three, according to the site I found the scan at.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Norns posted:

Umm cyberpunk is awesome. Your brain is broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLlj_GeKniA

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

End League #1

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

DigitalRaven posted:

They would, but the tape's been in the car for more than two weeks.

Oh...be-bop.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

TwoPair posted:

But when in the learning process do you teach the AIs how to smash cameras?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

He also wrote a great Deadpool annual about a year ago where Spider-Man was all paranoid about the Chameleon constantly attacking him so Deadpool switched costumes with him and acted as Spider-Man for the day.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cangelosi posted:

One thing I do know is that when Nightcrawler's priest career crumbled, he could always go back upon his lucrative career of making plushies.

Man, even as a kid when this printed for the first time, I knew people don't say "YUM!" in response to...well, anything. I don't know why it still bothers me so much.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ygolonac posted:

Ghost Rider is an entirely serious book, right?
The fact that we never got a Ghost Rider anthology featuring "Vengeance Spirits Through The Ages/Genres" is a goddamn crime.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cangelosi posted:

Speaking of Silver Age party animals.

TAP TAP PLINK PLINK TAP TAP PLINK PLINK

I don't know why "er...Kent Cut-Ups" strikes me as so funny, but here we are.

Content: behold the first recorded goon!

Tales of Horror #8

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

As long as we're posting Ennis' Punisher pwning people, who could forget when he found an amnesiac Bruce Banner?

Sadly, I don't know the issue number.

(As part of this, Frank spent a week feeding Banner C4, Imodium, and a micro-detonator so that when he did eventually Hulk out, Frank could push a button, explode Hulk's stomach, which knocked Hulk out and turned him back into Banner presumably because then Ennis could say that Frank even beat the Hulk.)

e: Oh, and the thing that finally drove Bruce over the edge wasn't the beating, it was Frank calling him a "bitch". Because Ennis.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

redbackground posted:

What's the problem, that's obviously Herr Starr.

I think you mean Hulk.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Comic Books!

Oh my god he's the loving Dread Emperor from The Book of Vile Darkness.

Source: an actual official D&D supplement.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Book of Erotic Fantasy was the worst.

Vile Darkness and Exalted Deeds tie for second place.
At least the Book of Erotic Fantasy wasn't official.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It's a shame that the rest of the sci-fantasy stuff of that era was licensed; I'd live to see Visionaries or Sectaurs pop up in WeirldWorld.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, it was from the Secret Wars mini.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SilverSupernova posted:

Taskmaster at his finest.

Deadpool #7

...is that Slapstick?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The entire Silver Age in one panel
(Action Comics #307)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Really, any comic's attempt at creating slang is going to be dumb.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Veotax posted:

Terror Assaulter: One Man War on Terror is the most amazing thing I've ever read.

A Suda51 game

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

dordreff posted:

Wait, is Deadpool an Avenger now? That seems like a poor decision.

Eleanor has been living with a Shield agent for a while now, and Wade is friends with a few agents.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

Would you say he is #1?

No.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SilverSupernova posted:

I'm both impressed and disappointed that his programming language isn't a series of insults directed at Reed Richards.
I'm assuming that all the error messages this language generates are just variations on "RICHARDS!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

DC Super Heroes: Busy Bodies

NECK