Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Fantastic Four needs to go back to that original title. It's so 60's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

WAR FOOT posted:

While I don't get the hate for lady Thor and have otherwise enjoyed the series so far, stuff like this always makes me roll my eyes.

Exception being that Invincible page with the panel reuse.

Who was hating on the new Thor? I want names, and which of their hands they prefer to have smashed with a hammer.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Gotta source that poo poo so I don't have to ask where it's from.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That's what it looks like. There's also a panel where they colored her boobs yellow, and gave her bare shoulders as if those black lines were the edge of her outfit.

She literally got her new outfit the same day as that panel. It's a good look, check it out.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Or Deadpool in Remender's Uncanny X-Force.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It was real stupid. Not as bad as taking away his invulnerability, but worse than making him a good guy.

EDIT: Didn't know this was the funny panels thread. Sorry for posting.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

We need to like, pickle Mark Waid's brain before he starts to lose it and figure out how to program it to generate comic scripts in a perpetual nightmare.

I was telling my friends the other day about how you can expect a certain kind of story from particular writers. Mark Waid's style I could only describe as comics.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

He looks a bit different

FF 48

And that's a recolor. The original was like red and green.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

That's a lie. People like Kingdom Come, Marvels and Ross painted covers. No-one actually likes his other comics. (And I own all of Justice)

Justice isn't cool? I'm absolutely in love with that book.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Gavok posted:

I don't have the pages on me, but there's a story in the early 90's about how there can only be one Earth Lantern and rather than destroy a city with their rings, Guy and Hal agree to fight it out powerless. Hal suckerpunches Guy down and Blue Beetle's in the background, laughing his rear end off. Guy springs back up, going, "No one punch... NO ONE PUNCH!" and the fight goes on.

The funniest One Punch moment is still when Hal punched down Batman during Rebirth. Not because Guy was given the Blue Beetle role, but because of the legion of angry Batfans who couldn't accept Batman being punched ever.

Huge Batman fan, but that punch sold me on Hal because someone needs to call Batman out on his poo poo once in a while. Then they have that one issue together in GL where Batman puts on the ring which was nice.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Selachian posted:

Just to add to the fun: in Ganthet's Tale Hal defeats a renegade GL by flying backward so fast that his ring's green beam gets Doppler shifted down to yellow.

Sounds like a SuperFriends episode where Hal is trapped in a yellow bubble, and they find a way to move it so fast it changes colors.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That era is defined by dudes not wanting long hair, but not knowing what the gently caress to do with it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

Liefeld? Greg Land?

Roz would invite them in for cookies, and they'd sit quietly as Jack would draw and smoke cigars.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

There was an entire issue about this in Alan Moore's run on Supreme. After proceeding through a succession of scenarios that are as transparent knock-offs of Kirby characters as the title character was of Superman, this scene unfolds:

Supreme: The Return #6. This may be the wrong thread, but I don't care and neither should you.

I loving love how Jack Kirby is deified in a way that only comics can do. Stan Lee gets the movie cameos, but he's never been a god.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

And a boar headed Thor.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Note that in issue #100 Peter grew some extra arms.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Who What Now posted:

His name is Captain Marvel you loving ignorant philistine.

Captain Marvel is a woman. Where are you getting this misinformation?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It's not as good as the Dungeons & Dragons arcade game, but it's still a lot of fun with a couple friends. Just don't pick Nightcrawler, I'm always Nightcrawler.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Juggernaut taking down one of the towers, until 9-11, was the second biggest moment in that comic. People were apeshit about Shatterstar stabbing Juggernaut in the eye.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Why the hell are Hal and Kyle still allowed to be Green Lanterns? You'd think by now they'd have been ordered to just hand their rings over to Jon, the actually competent one. Hell, give Jon ten rings and let him go full Green Mandarin and there'd be no stopping him.

John Stewart and Jon Stewart are two totally different people.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lucky for you, Web Warriors addresses this

The Spiderverse tie in that has Miles Morales, and the Peter Parker from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon going to the 60's Spidey cartoon universe was fun too.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"LordPants" posted:

So I got like an AoA X-men where Morph turns into a whale?

Astonishing X-Men #3 or 4. I could have done good in school, but all my memory is used up remembering random panels from 90's comics.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It's ok. The Spider Punks are ready to put on a show. Still my favorite story from Spiderverse.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

prefect posted:

The 2016 button, alas, is just from a comic-book cover: http://freshcomics.us/issue/FEB150775/howard-the-duck-2-vote-howard-cover

The 1976 button would probably cost a few bucks to get nowadays, but they did really exist.

Chip said he didn't want to retread stories from the original series, but if he did Howard's running mate would probably be She Hulk.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Was that Millar that made him Big Barda's dress? Patton Oswalt had him do the same to Poison Ivy when she tried to poison a party at the Justice League moon base.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rick Jones, bitch! The most criminally underused Marvel character.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

prefect posted:

At one point I remember "adamantium" robotic harpies with Betty-heads used to try to contain the Hulk.

Betty was the original gamma powered Harpy if you didn't know.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Boy scout Cyclops said some version of the F bomb. It's funny because he doesn't say stuff like that, and is going insane. You can argue that Scott has been spiraling since the last time Jean died, or it wouldn't be too crazy to say he's been slowly losing it from the beginning.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

redbackground posted:

It's uh, cool, she gave him psychic permission! Scott said so! He wouldn't lie!

Yeah. That whole last story arc was about Jean stopping Scott from walking away from Emma and quitting the X-Men. The whole run was pretty much telling readers to quit pining over their great love who they have nothing in common with, and just have crazy sex with another woman.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Uthor posted:

But, like, that one issue or is there a whole arc I need to catch up on?

The Darkseid War. First trade comes out in March. Second part in July.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Source your drat pages, Squizzle!

The DC One Million trade is obviously missing some amazing stuff. Gorilla Galaxy, a Multiversity school, Heartiac. Shouldn't a group of Atom's be called a Molecule, or is that the joke?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

We should take the DC 1,000,000 talk to the DC thread where we can properly express our love for Justice Legion A, and Robin the Toy Wonder.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Someone help me understand why Psylocke (especially Psylocke specifically) is supposed to be attractive.

Look up Olivia Munn as Psylocke in X-Men: Apocalypse. That's pretty much what everyone imagined Psylocke to look like in the late 80's/early 90's. She was the exotic Asian woman, Jean was the girl next door, Rogue was the southern belle, and Storm was the African goddess.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

This has been a wonderful week for me. I knew the Big G was going to be a big part of Ultimates, but I didn't expect a spotlight issue where the titular team is barely in two pages.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Bring back the Future Foundation, and put Skaar on the team with the rest of the kids. All the young geniuses, and Skaar like "But what if...we smashed?" And that's the solution to a complex, cosmic problem.

EDIT: I'd also like to note that Skaar was instrumental to Norman Osborn's downfall, being the traitor in Dark Avengers 2.0. Captain America gave him a very large cellphone.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 4, 2016

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

prefect posted:

How about this, then?

(From MGK's Civil War edits.)

It never occurred to me until now that Hulkling is a half Skrull who was imitating Hank Pym, who ends up being revealed to have been replaced by a Skrull in Secret Invasion.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

No. You can't kill Spider-Man first. You have to destroy everything around him before you finish off Spidey. Someone got that page from the end of Mark Millar's run handy? You know, the letter.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Scaramouche posted:

All this Gwenpool talk made me want to re-read so I started re-reading what I had. Then I realized it started as a mini in howard the duck so I read those first. Then I realized howard the duck crossed over with Squirrel girl so I had to re-read those too. The lesson here is, never start re-reading something.

Also, is it just me or is there some kind of parallel "weird" marvel going on with the Howard the Duck - Squirrel Girl - Gwenpool axis going on? It's like they're in their own inter-related universe but not part of the larger one.

Not exactly. They're part of the same family. Similar books tend to stick together, becoming a corner of the larger Marvel universe. You could probably seperate the funny books, but books like New Avengers and All New Wolverine, will remind you that Squirrel Girl is the truth.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Whoever catches Doom's cybergarter is going to be in for a great big surprise, I imagine.

It's how they decide which Doombot gets to pretend to be Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Black Adam was actually Teth Adam all along!"

"And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling Marvels!"