Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

You don't have to be a dracula to drink human blood.

But it helps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

But if Fisto couldn’t fist them all, who could?

Stardust, probs.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wake up Namor you loving nerd! Hulk wants his money!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bucnasti posted:

The M.I.L.F. ?

More like :The J.O.K.E.: :mmmhmm:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why was Kiteman undead?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gnome de plume posted:

If there was a comic that consisted entirely of thing smashing through windows to inspire people to become superheroes I'd be happy as a clam
Flying through a window

"Oh gently caress a fly on the window, quick where's a newspaper!"
*accidentally grabs the Sunday edition*
SMASH! CLINKLE!
Outside, six billion voices boom in unison: "I AM NEWSPAPERMAN!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lobok posted:

None other than Todd McFarlane himself in What The—?! #2

Augggh at D.Fox and D.Crow.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hulk Smash! posted:

Why is Hulk wearing Strange's cloak? I mean, levitating Hulk, sure, but still.

DR. STRANGEST YET!!!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think the artist is really trying to make Alfred look like Niven but only almost not failing in a few panels.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I presume having to explain why a burglar who is apparently good enough to get past Batman's security was robbing the house.

Why would he tell them he's Batman :confused:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I love Mateo Scalera, maybe enough to pick this up. It looks like they're more or less stand-alone stories?

This panel in Immortal Hulk #0 (reprinting Incredible Hulk #312) cracked me up:

What do you think the Science High mascot would be? Test tube? Bunsen burner?

An atwick.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm the giant left fist.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darthemed posted:

Skrull Kill Krew #1 (2009)

Oh gently caress that's still canon (or was in 2009)? I remember the cow thing from when I was a kid and even then it was a flash-back in a re-print.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Behold the worlds most dynamic panel!

Nothing wrong with that gimmick, Regis Franc made a career out of it.

The again Franc was actually good so :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Don't let them fool you, they just want some jet!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darthemed posted:

What If? #35 (1982)

That whole story is a trip. All the "later" Marvel stuff Ditko did seems to be "weird as balls" poo poo they shoved in Annuals or, like here, What If?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is there a covers thread?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TwoPair posted:

There's a thread for good/bad art in comics if you just want to post a pretty (or heinous) cover. If it's something funny you can still put it here.

Well, it's not actually funny, but it's a bit "how did this get published?"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nessus posted:

He's holding the gun as if it were his rather generous phallus.

Yeah. It would be a very bad day for him if there was an accidental discharge.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bucnasti posted:

One of my favorite thing in older comics is the little arrows guiding you through the panels.

"Continued on page [n]" before advertisements :allears: Like did they really think kids were too stupid to understand that Hulk didn't just suddenly jump in the story to eat Hostess Fruit Pies for one page?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Uthor posted:

Could it be a holdover from magazines? When I read things on paper :corsair:, there'd be "continued on..." around all ads, plus long articles would start in one section and then end in the less valuable end pages.

OK I have literally never seen this, and I've read periodicals from the 20s and 30s. Must be an American thing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm the tailor that specializes in making swimming trunks for skyscraper-sized naval mouthmonsters.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

It took a long rear end time, but that's the closest I've seen to a natural breast depicted in comics, and it took Scandinavia to do it.

There were a lot of bare-breasted women in The Phantom (Jaime Vallvé -drawn stories especially) and their breasts looked nothing like the breasts of actual women (African or otherwise) who never wore brassieres. Not that six-year-old me was complaining.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Remember when the Moomins were good? (I don't know if this is by Tove or Lars Jansson.)

"Let's go. I feel we don't quite fit in here."

"This must be an opium den. Let me handle this."

"Maître d'hôtel, four marijuanas!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

He bamfs through the air with the greatest of ease
But slips on the banana-peel-on-trapeze

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait, who's the evil duck robot? (I don't know who the evil clown robot is, either, but I also don't care.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Kurt worked in a circus before he became an X-Man, right? The banana-trapeze is absolutely something he could be familiar with.

I think you have unorthodox ideas about circi.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Red posted:

Did Namor accidentally crash through that window and do one of those "misunderstanding leads to big fight" stories?

Fight :confused: Can't you see how Reed instinctively flexes his muscles to impress his surprise betighted visitor?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

World's greatest detective.

Sometimes I read an old (or even new) American comic and think to myself: "was the guy who wrote this just really really dumb?"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Alhazred posted:

And that's not even the weirdest penis In the animal kingdom. Some squids can detach their penis while spiders wrap up their cum In a little package they give to the female spider.

Not that impressive; I can easily detach my penis.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I remember at one point in the 80s (or was it early 90s?) Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man was always the funny one, with stories about commuting etc.

e: Oh gently caress The Commuter Cometh was in The Amazing Spider-Man so very bad example :doh:

There's nowhere to web-swing from in the suburbs.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 17, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Open Marriage Night posted:

That’s actually from Amazing Spider-Man #267. I’ll always remember that because that’s the issue cover dated the month I was born.

Hmm I had to check and I don't really know which one of us is the winner here :thunk:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bring back the Spidermobile.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

site posted:

Tbf the hulk really did fight Ben while he and Alicia were on their honeymoon and destroyed their hotel

But Hulk got himself and Thing a shitload of hamburgers, so it all evens out.

e: And a good time.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

He almost looks cool till you see the rollerskates.

Well apart from the tube for huffing his own farts.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Toshimo posted:

Steal your girl.

If I were Reed Richards I wouldn't boast about inventing things that do nothing :smugmrgw:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darthemed posted:

Whiz Comics #22 (1941)

This is true, and tree(tree(3)) U̒̏̉̽̿͗ͥ̔̍͂ͩͫ͜͏̞̲̫̹͍̱̰͎̳͉̗̰̟̀͡N̷̲̳̟̥̳̺̦͙ͨ̌ͫͥ̆̿ͧͤ͋̍̄̓̈̉̇͂̆̕̕͢͝K̵̭͍̣͖͍̠͈̖̳͚̞̹̘͉̟̾̒̂̇̌ͧͣ̐͆̓ͤ͟N̷̪̭̠̘̠͖̺̟͎̣͉͎̤̦̪͖̏̑͗̒ͮ̓ͮ̐̍͋̆͊ͮ̊̿̂͂ͧ͞O̧̳̬̼̩͉̓̅ͯͮͤ́̕Ẃ̴̤͇̥̤͖̫̺͈̙͉͕̣͆̆̔̆ͮ͒̊ͦ̾̀̚̕͟N̮͖̲̳̝̱̬͍͕̦̯̯͎̭̐̋̍̄͌̆̎̀̚ ̔͂̐̌̑̌͆̅̀҉҉҉̭̝̪̹͕S̸̢̬̯̰͈̫̺̥̥̼̙͖͚̐̆̄͛͂ͭͯ̈́̅͐͒̿ͪ̾͆ͬ͛̑ͦ͘͢U̢͕͈̱̩͕̟̝̮͈̮͙̥̻̇͛̔̃̀̊̑ͤ͛͑͊͝͠B̡̬̗̻̪͓͖̬̰̩̺̳͍̮̪̭̣̻ͯ͋̇̿̋̄͊̄̔͆̑ͩ̄͒́̎̃͞ͅS̡̝̩̘̭̦̟̪̞̬͇̰͈̳̺̰̅ͣ̅ͦͤ̀̍ͩ̀̓͟ͅͅȚ̷͇̗̱͈͚̣̱̠͗̓̉̑̄̊́͘͜͞Ā̶̢̂̿̾ͬ̎͠͏̷̞͚͚̼̹̗̫̹͖̦͉̬̲̭̬̜N̸̵̙̣̩͓̱̬̤̻͕͔̳̪ͧ̓̍̉̔͌ͣ͊̄͂̈́̉̃͢C̶̢͓͔̰̥͍̺͉̋͐ͤͬ͒ͯͦ̃ͥͫͬͧ̒͒ͦ̎̕͢͠Ẹ̢͚͉̗̦͔͎̞͈̪͉͈̞̫̘̘̪́̉̈́̄̾͆̇͂͆ͦͮ̇ͦ͘͝Ş̮̺̗͎̫̩̹͈̘̙̤͕̺͈̫̩̊͒͑̿̓̑̌̊̀̀̀ͅ. Well, unknown to you, anyway.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Earl Norem art from the 1984 Fantastic Four book, ISLAND OF DANGER.

Oh Reed's a leftie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

jng2058 posted:

Alicia Masters.

:doh: I thought "who the gently caress dressed Matt? Oh but he is blind :shrug:" (I forgot Alicia existed.)