Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Phylodox posted:

The fact that you even have to ask is the most damning indictment of comic books.

Well that and the fact is in in fact, true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

David D. Davidson posted:

I wonder how he keeps all the Creeds form killing each other. I mean the Logans easy, just toss in some cigars and beer every one and then and they are happy but Creed is a completely different story.

That is the joke.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Not gonna lie, It's all pre-school level improv but all of the silver age absurdism sounds about 12 trillion times more appealing than anything that involves multi-verses/clones/shapeshifters these days.

Although i'm always happy to see some panels to prove my impression wrong!

Not really, they are interesting when you summarize them but kind of a chore to read through.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

To be fair if I was a kid I would think Damien is a moody prick so that doesn't work either.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Travis343 posted:

Lurdiak, a play in 2 acts

"Why are people on this forum so MEAN to me?? :qq: "

~ some time later ~

"People totally overreacted to 9/11, it wasn't THAT bad, c'mon."

fin

He is a 100% right on this occasion.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

CzarChasm posted:

That appears to be two out of three in the panels posted above.

She was wearing a costume with all three in Spider Island

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I guess I have to be more into comics than I am to find most of Deadpool funny.

It doesn't really help.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Everyone always goes on and on about American alien and every panel posted is the most dumb contrived poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SWCA is loving insane and I respect that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He said Red Hulk, not Red She Hulk.

The Hulk mythos is loving dumb.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That never happened, we were told he was a good leader and tactician which was shown a lot, just not in Whedons run really.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Though why you automatically pull you penis out in a public bathroom is beyond me.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It's always nice to be reminded that the forum hasn't changed that much in that it is still populated by vindictive dicks.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Good

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Post something to contradict, instead of stuff that reinforces it then.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What the gently caress does eat bread kick head mean. Is it just dumb lol random poo poo?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

DC just published a comic were they blame a guy who hasn't worked for them in a long time for all their problems.

This is a thing that happened.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Canemacar posted:

So why were they going after Reagan then?

Nancy told them no

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Also for the irony in the fact that despite the fact 9/10 Brazilians have electrical powers, the Favelas still have to leach from the cities.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah that is why soft core is a thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The airline pilot is trying way to hard to make the pedophilla joke a thing. Which since it's the only joke I understand I guess.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Newspaper SM is just what realistically would happen if you gave an untrained nerd powers.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Man Deadpool is the definition of trying to hard.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I like how the prowler is apparently an idiot if he can't figure out Petes gambit here.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Wait, does he not know Peter's Spiderman??? (I haven't read Marvel in years except for USG)

He doesn't, even if it would make much more sense if he did.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah literally no one is claiming that, they are saying Go is loosing people but that was going to happen as it's barely a game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

This will never be dated

That was dated on release.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don't care how in character it is, it's loving dumb.

No one has said it isn't in character because who cares

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

So? Half the panels posted in this thread are dumb. Dumb stuff can be funny.

This thread begs to differ.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It wasn't, we decided that years ago.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Die Laughing posted:

I thought it was funny. Good thing you're not an editor or we wouldn't get anything good.

Same for ya buddy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah it was was really dumb. The Goblin scene was nice tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Gnome de plume posted:

Last time i looked she was sharing an apartment with a younger clone of herself, Old Man Logan and an actual wolverine.

It's the perfect sitcom setup.

The latest issue is gonna bring you down man.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Weapon Xs origin will change every few years as its a popular thing for hack writers to wring a little more juice from.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

Animosity #2
After all animals in the world suddenly gain human type consciousness.

The pig communist thing doesn't make any sense.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Go read Animal Farm.

I mean why is it called animalism, communism comes from community not humanity.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

Doesn't Harley break the fourth wall all the time?

She is knock off deadpool yeah.

Though Marvel also has a knock off deadpool so.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dolash posted:

You go through all that trouble explaining Hank Henshaw and you don't link the Landis short film?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PlwDbSYicM

Never link anything Landis does.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Wolverine is the living embodiment of Canada so he is from all the provinces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

IUG posted:

The whole point of the Spencer Sam Wilson: Captain America has been to show how Sam is dealing with more extreme forms of what is going on IRL, with heroic duty.

Sam has the Fox news standins hounding his every action and saying he's not doing his job well enough. For example, he was trying to save the life of some ultra right-winger despite the fact that they both hate each other, because heroes save lives. Nazi Steve Rogers set Sam up to fail, and the guy gets killed. So now he's got people breathing down his neck some more and doubling down on the pressure to give up the shield. He is trying to prove them wrong by being as noble of a hero as he can, in the face of their racism.

Like, that's the entire plot of the book since issue one. Being heroic in the face of hate.

People recognize it it's just dumb and made by a guy who honestly doesn't actually know what extreme entails.