Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
The entire point of this is "Here's the universes that are horrible and should never exist and literally crumble under the weight of how much they should not exist."

That said it's still a bad comic. I had hopes that at least they were gonna all be FUN, dumb over the top stuff like The Red Death was, with Batman strapping The Flash to a batmobile that is also a cosmic treadmill and then ramping it into the Speed Force, but I guess I should have figured out that wouldn't be the case LAST week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I still can't get over the fact that he's called The Green Lantern and all his powers come from a magic ring. (Yes, I know he has to occasionally recharge the ring inside the lantern or something, but still)

I mean, all the ring's powers come from the lantern.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

I feel like the best thing to compare it to- and this is a weird comparison- is Empowered. It seems all goofy genre fun at first, and doesn't really lose it, but then this issue comes around and shows 'no, these are actual people here, not just punchlines'.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Superman: American Alien #4. Clark taking a few of his buddies from Smallville on a tour of Metropolis. (A lot of people in Smallville were in on the secret in AA.)

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

I unironically love Anti-Venom as a name because it is simultaneously the most silver age thing ever, and yet it's also a real thing that exists, and it's also incredibly literal and makes you immediately figure out what the general deal is. Unless you think it's, like, Venom that got blasted by Mr. Negative or something.

And there's way worse names. Like the aforementioned Spidercide. Or Dreadface. Or ZZZXX. Or Phage.
And it's not like we haven't had some DUMB versions of venom put on actual marvel comics before.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Dareon posted:

Did The Walrus (With his proportional strength, speed, and reflexes of a walrus) ever get a modern reimagining?

He was in Fear Itself: Deadpool as the main antagonist.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Thanos really sucks at keeping hold of the Infinity Gauntlet.

Okay, but does he, or is Deadpool tricking him?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

ecavalli posted:

Is that Mortal Kombat ninja mainstay Scorpion

TwoPair posted:

That's Alejandra,

I'm confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

A Strange Aeon posted:

Who has Wolverine actually killed to justify him being the best there is at what he does?

They actually address this once!
He killed Death. Or, like, one of Death's personal agents who goes after dying soldiers on the battlefield. It was also used to explain some stuff that was, then, recent yet inconsistent with Wolverine, like his healing factor being power creeped to hell, and was supposed to result in that being dialed back, but comic books.