Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

CannonFodder posted:

I vote the MTA has a special Spider-Man clause where if the person in the spandex can climb across the roof to cross the turnstiles then they are either the real Spider-Man or someone who spent way too much money to figure it out and thus likely a future super villain so just let them through.

This special clause makes J.J.J. FURIOUS. That's why he hates Spidey, because he's a freeloading fare jumper.

edit: I don't know the source, I just binged Jameson hates Spidey because he is black.

That's actually from She-Hulk Vol1 Issue 4. She- Hulk's partner is representing Spider-Man pro bono in a lawsuit against JJJ for libel. Spider-Man would have won too but the lawyer decided to include Peter Parker in the lawsuit and Spider-Man ended up settling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

I actually had that game as a kid. It was kind of okay (barely). Most of Superman's powers were in it, and some of the parts seemed to be inspired by the movies (in the third part of the game you end up fighting a giant computer that's been manipulating stock prices, which is kind of like Superman III).

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

The library I work gets a subscription to MAD. Most people I mention it to are surprised it's still running. I got a kick out of the latest issue's "Trump Art Gallery". Some pics:

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Speaking about guys in loincloths;

From Lockjaw #2

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Working my way through Jason Aaron's Thor and took a detour into Original Sin. I didn't read most of the tie-ins, but I'm glad I caught Original Sins for the Ryan North Young Avengers story.

Original Sins 3.

This seems to be Ryan North's trademark, see this page from Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #28:

and from the bottom of the page:

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Roth posted:

Lockjaw #4

Glad to see I'm not the only one reading Lockjaw. Here are a few more:

Read Lockjaw

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

choobs posted:

Why does the Dragon have an inhaler?

The dragon is actually D-Man. The inhaler was given to him by Lockjaw's sister Doc Jaw (from universe 8311 or Larval Earth, same place Spider-Ham is from).

dammit, beaten.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

bony tony posted:

What if Junji Ito, but silly?

Well, more silly

Junji Ito can do silly:

from Junji Ito's Cat Diary: Yon & Mu

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Returning to the topic of Peter Parker's roommates:

From Marvel Team-Up #2 (2019)

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

From Gerard Way's Doom Patrol #10

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

From What If? #19 (1980) "What If Spider-Man Had Never Become a Crimefighter?"

Imagine waking up to that over your bed.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Quiz time! See if you can name the two DC superheroines in this panel:

From Black Canary and Zatanna: The Power of Fishnets Bloodspell

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Have some funny panels! See Ms. Marvel get romantic advice from Tony Stark!

From Magnificent Ms. Marvel #9

See captain Janeway without her first cup of coffee!

From Star Trek: Waypoint #3

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

From Magnificent Ms. Marvel #11, what do you do if your costume turns against you?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Did you know the first officially transmitted electronic message is "What hath god wrought?"

I think about that a lot.

Dana Simpson did it first

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

From U.S.Avengers 9

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Wicked Things #4

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Lobok posted:

I don't get it, I used my monster charm spell on that guy by accident and it worked...?! I guess he's a monster.
Deep down, maybe we all are. Maybe there is no actual difference between the two spells after all.

He's a centaur, which is a monstrous humaniod. Charm person only works on humaniods.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Getting Destro vibes from that helmet. Not that that's a bad thing.

Here are some panels from Wicked Things 5

I like that post-it note picture in the background.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

From Transformers / Back to the Future #1. Starscream has some words for Biff Tannen.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I like the implication that the suit morphs to the features of the wearer, because alternatively Dracula stopped to modify the helmet and fashion a suitable cape.

Confirmed in The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (2015) #2

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Red Sonja's Do's & Don'ts of Dating
A Guide to Courting Etiquette in the Hyborian Age, or: How Not to Lose One's Head in the Process of Pitching Woo

From Red Sonja Valentines Day Special 2021

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Ketchup on a hot dog?! JJJ was right, Spider-man truly is a menace.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

So Decepticons might have trouble distinguishing humans from dogs...

but at least they know their human idioms better than Biff Tannen

From Transformers / Back to the Future #3

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

This one got a good laugh out of me, Bobby's "funeral" from Ewing's New Avengers

Other AIM mouners:

and Squirrel Girl's supporting cast:

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Splint Chesthair posted:

With this image inducer it feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!

Nothing at all!

Nothing at all!

Stupid sexy Cyclops.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Regarding interplanetary communication, Stark enterprises did develop technology that allowed you to access the internet even in Mars orbit, as Squirrel Girl found out when she borrowed an Iron Man suit to go to the Moon.

From The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (2015) Issue 4

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Lobok posted:

After I grew out of playing with action figures I would look back on those commercials and think "why didn't anyone sell the loving cubes?!"

Ghostlight posted:

nah I was all about the ones that look like a fake brick wall

You mean like this?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Crush & Lobo #1 I like the expression of Crush's face in the second panel there.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Bucnasti posted:

How does Lobo have a daughter? Wasn't he the last of his race because he killed them all?

Somebody really needs to explain to DC what "The Last" means. Superman's supposed to be "The Last Son of Kyrypton" but there the place is lousy with Kryptonians.

IIRC Crush, aka Xiomara Rojas, is half human although the identity of her mother is unknown. She did come from outer space (for some reason) and the ship carrying her to Earth as baby crashed outside of the Burning Man Festival and she was adopted by two of the party goers there.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

This got a chuckle out of me:

From The Invincible Red Sonja #3

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

So in this weeks Crush & Lobo #3, Lobo has invited his daughter Crush to the intergalactic prison he is being held at as part of the prison's rehabilitation program. Throughout the issue there is a little "B" story going on in the background;

First during one of the prison's therapy sessions:

Then while Crush is waiting for her visit:

Later:

Finally, at the end of the issue, after Lobo was able to fool the security systems into thinking Crush was him:

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

From The 6 Sidekicks of Trigger Keaton #3

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Lobok posted:

Lois, Lana, Laurel, this guy really has a thing doesn't he.

Don't forget Lex!

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

From The 6 Sidekicks of Trigger Keaton #4

Blue & Gold #2 I could have actually posted about 90% of the comic here.

and finally, I meant to post this earlier, given the threads title, from Secret Wars, Secret Love story Squirrel Girl Wins a Date with Thor

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Alacron posted:

Look at these idiots here, believing that supervillains actually exist.

Don't you guys know that poo poo is all just fake news cooked up by Reed Richards?

From The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (2015-2019) 8

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

This is actually more fanart than panels, but here are two pieces that John Allison (Giant Days, Bad Machinery) did recently for Batman Day.

and I might as well post this old comic Max Sarin did of a Giant Days / Batman crossover

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

From Crush & Lobo issue 6, Crush has tracked Lobo to "Space Vegas" (yes, that's the name of the planet) but is still having trouble finding him.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

So in Superman vs Lobo #2

An alien intelligence does the whole Twitter/birds thing;

and Superman gives his opinion of Lobo;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

So in Blue & Gold issue 4, Blue Beetle and Booster Gold are recounting their first mission. Blue Beetle gets started;

Then Booster Gold tells his version of how things went. I like how Beetle's Bug is depicted.

Nice touch with the stovepipes.