Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Well, since I can't really decide on any single scene from Superior Foes, let's get some other things out of the way.

AXIS: Hobgoblin #2

Original Sin #4

Avengers: The Enemy Within

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Uthor posted:

Suzie learns about birth control from her sexy doctor.

He likes her cervix.

Sex Criminals #8

I laughed way too hard at that "Don't worry, it's just Spencer the Speculum" poster.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I think my favorite part of that issue was when Taskmaster wasn't in the mood to fight because he was hired alongside Batroc and Lady-Stilt Man, so he just asks Wade to convincingly knock him out of the fight.

Also this.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

That's a webcomics joke from ye olden days. The Mega Man comic, like the Sonic comic, has a lot of community input and nods like that, for better or worse.

E: Oh yeah, don't loving read that sprite comic from 2003 that I linked, in case you're brain dead and need to be told that.

My one friend still quotes that sprite comic from time to time.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Whelp. Spider-Verse continues to justify it's existence today.

Amazing Spider-Man #12

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

I thought Marvel didn't have the rights to use Leopardon?

The rights to that show's assets must have went to them at some point since I remember Marvel making it available for streaming on their website earlier.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Is that Mini Marvels Spidey?

Nah, that's clearly Mini Marvels Iron Fist.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The MSJ posted:

I like it even more when I realized that the Spider-Mobile is not just a vehicle, it appears to be another alternate version of Spider-Man.

So did the Spider Buggy exist as a living character before, or did they just look at his last name and thought "gently caress it. We're making a pun out of this."

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

...Wait, why are Typhoid Mary and Black Cat working together to kill the Hawkeyes?

Because sleeping with Daredevil and going batshit insane go hand in hand.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

zoux posted:

Also preview from the GotG/X-Men crossover, there's nothing spoilery in it but since it hasn't come out yet: Linked. No words, but it's better without words.

I never knew that I always wanted a book where the highly technologically advanced heroes stop their galaxy changing event to play a tabletop RPG with pencils and paper.

At some point I hope they do an issue where we just see them play out a full campaign.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 22, 2015

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

zoux posted:

I haven't read any of the Guardians stuff post the movie release, did they change them much to more closely represent their movie counterparts?

Bendis essentially changed them several times to suit whatever the hell he wanted. Right now he's trying to make them truer to the movie and that's miles better than where they were a year ago.

To be honest, Drax and Gamora seem fairly close to how they were in the 2008 series last issue.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

It's interesting, because he only cares when she says "love". This scene is Peter unmasking in front of the Avengers after magically making everyone forget who he is with OMD. When he unmasked during Civil War, Jessica saw it on TV and told Luke offhandedly that she used to have a crush on Peter in high school, and he just kind of laughed it off. But during take 2 it gets super awkward and personal.

Things probably seem differant when the person in question is right there in the middle of the conversation with you and your wife rather than on a news headline.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

That's nothing.

Black Panther #03, by Reginald Hudlin.

The funny thing was that that "make a weapon from it" bit was exactly what Norman Osborn did during Dark Reign (specifically using the cancer cure to try to kill Deadpool).

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

I'm sure it's possible for someone to write Kitty as a likeable character. It's just, you know, never happened.

I think they tried in Star-Lord's new ongoing for a little. But that didn't last too long.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I'm really hoping the upcoming movie helps this book's longevity because we already lost New Warriors.

Ant-Man #2

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Scaramouche posted:

I think the Spider Man No More! art is probably one of the most homaged I can think of, though (x) is a jerk is probably a close second.

For comics in general, Spider-Man No More and Amazing Fantasy 15's cover are pretty high up there. As well as that cover from the first Superman book.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

I don't even like the Teen Titans cartoon, and I still understand that it was a really clever show that struck a chord with people slightly younger than me and distilled aimless characters into memorable and likeable incarnations/designs.

Thousands of internet perverts still wanna gently caress that version of Raven. Ain't nobody drawing creepy fanart of the 80s Raven.

I'm sure that last sentence is incorrect, but I'm not going to be the one to have that on their search history to prove it.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Warning. Huge spoilers for you Twin Peaks fans.

Angela: Asgard's Assasin #3

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh poo poo, you know what I just realized we haven't had in this thread yet?

:mad: Stop it!

Sources: bunches of comics (which have conviniently collected), and from the...unique mind of Fletcher Hands.

From the last thread when we mentioned Stardust.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Baron Bifford posted:

How is it that Thor transferred his name to this woman? "Thor" isn't his codename, that's his actual name.

It says it right there on the hammer.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

prefect posted:

He's definitely got the power of Thorr, but I don't know if he's taken that as his name now.

So what does the second "r" stand for?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

Sometimes I'm really tempted to be a sarcastic dick to people who are too lazy to do even a cursory Google search and say "Gee, if only we had the world's largest and most sophisticated free search engine at our fingertips... OH WAIT WE loving DO!"

In their defense, the search "Reed Richards Urine" can also net someone some sights that no amounts of bleach can remove.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Are the heroes and villains suppose to be kids in this or is the art style just making everything look cute?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Spider-Man & the X-Men #3

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

For those of you who were curious about why Jess has a new costume.

Guardians Team-Up #1

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Kharmakazy posted:

You guys... You guys... His tongue was thor.

The mystery is solved.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Howard the Duck #1

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

prefect posted:

I think he's still mad at DD for this.

I'd like to once again state that this is the real reason Black Cat went full crazy now.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Guess he's not taking her out... to dinner.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I love the little Twitter conversations they use to recap the plot for USG.

(From Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 4)

The best part is that those are real twitter accounts.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 23, 2015

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Did anyone honestly think it wasn't? Even for Spidey Super Stories that would have been too much.

Clearly it was from Spidey Superior Stories.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Sonic still banned? Sonic Boom comic seems to have its moments.
I think Sticks' tinfoil-hat insanity is funny anyway.

I think it's more "please don't or else the chat will explode into a 10 page tangent completely unrelated to the panel."
Same thing for the MLP comic. They might have funny parts, but they have a rather negative effect on the discussion.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Where's the funny panel?

The funny panels usually occur whenever Knuckles or Eggman show up.

Boom has been surprisingly good in every form of media except for the video game all these things are supposed to be promoting.
(Don't remember the source, probably Boom #3)

Anyway, on to the highlight of today's reading.

Secret Wars #1

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 7, 2015

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Who's who@whocares.com supposed to be? Mysterio?

Either Chameleon or some z-lister.

Or perhaps Shocker. Poor guy got his email back before he started believing in himself.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 7, 2015

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

What happened to Redwing anyway? Other than that pet avengers appearance in Guardians Team-Up, I haven't seen him in ages.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

When Norman Osborne of all people is calling you out on having hosed up hair/hair analogues...

Hey, don't you talk poo poo about oz@amazinghair.net.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Majuju posted:

SECRET WARS: BATTLEWORLD #1

My favorite part of that was either Nextwave M.O.D.O.K. the old world M.O.D.O.K. who thought all of the modern technologies were all alchemy or sorcery.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Skwirl posted:

That's actually not what I was talking about, but it is awesome and I need to know what it's from.

Marvel Adventures: Spider-Man.
I forget which issue, but I remember Enchantress being involved.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I am shocked that noone posted M.O.D.O.K. Assassin yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

How many Hawkeyes are there in that panal?

Classic Hawkeye, Lady Hawkguy, and the Superior Hawkeye.