Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Dexie posted:

So, again, I don't know much about the Punisher.

Why DO they let him run around doing his thing? Like, is there an in-universe justification for allowing him to go on his killing sprees?

Nope. He really shouldn't be part of the Marvel universe, but he is and it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Ensign_Ricky posted:

See Daredevil season 2

I'd rather not.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Nothing's ever gonna top that Japanese fed where a ladder was the hardcore champ for a bit.

The ladders are just the start of former Ironman Heavymetalweight Champions. My personal favourite is the one who was invisible, and could only be defeated by a man using infrared sensor goggles and a raygun.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

would be funnier if it was randy savage

using the infinity gauntlet to summon thousands of tiny pots of cream

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Something something Harambe...

Jorts aren't actually illegal, even on a monkey.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I legit do not get the joke someone please explain

"Dumb assholes bickering like idiots". Congratulations, you now know the joke to all 50-odd episodes of the podcast. Enjoy.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Pacra posted:

The adventure zone is an excellent comedy podcast, don't listen to this parade-rainer.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760191

Hey, I never said it wasn't funny bickering. It's just that that and petty workplace bullying is basically all Tres Horny Boys ever do.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lol, they are taking golden age atom along while wonder woman stays at home to do needlework

To be fair, they also left Batman and Superman behind because they were only honourary members at the time. They just handled them in a far less sexist way.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
let's have a very Illuminati christmas, courtesy of Marvel Holiday Spectacular 2009

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Hollismason posted:

I have a vague memory of a Christmas DC issue where Batman and Superman end up fighting each other in front of a family because of some sort of gift debacle.

edit:

Ah Here it is Some sort of Elseword issue but I don't know from what

Infinite Holiday Special. The pages leading up to that are also amazing:

The other story in the issue about Santa recruiting Shadowpact to protect him from a terrorist group called the 'Anti-Christmas League' which is just Detective Chimp and Blitzen getting drunk and pranking Santa is also great.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
The whole issue reads like it's basically the writer crying about those uppity loving #millenial #sjws daring to insult his amazing and wonderful "captain america is a nazi" story. It's pretty sad.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
The Watchmen stuff is definitely dumb as hell but it's really funny to imagine just how loving angry Alan Moore must be about it all.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I like to think Moore's hate is the engine that keeps DC running :allears:

the sun in the DCU is actually powered by Alan Moore being forced to read through Before Watchmen constantly

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Android Blues posted:

So true. It's super cynical in that while the so-called premise of the twist is, "Watchmen made everything sour and dark and comics trying to replicate its success made everything bad!", the actual reason they're doing it is, "okay, Watchmen is a big property that we're not monetarily exploiting, so let's try to replicate its success again".

Also Watchmen itself is good as hell and blaming the existence of a really good work, that happens to be dark and maudlin in tone, for the worst excesses of "dark" mainstream comics trying to follow the money is silly.

Especially because it was actually TDKR and Batman Year One's fault.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Rhyno posted:

And then after the prequels Lucas swore to god he was never planning on making 7-9.

Well, he's not.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Of course it rhymes!

How the hell do non Americans pronounce Squirrel then?

As it's spelled. Like human loving beings.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

That's actually pretty standard in the EU, what isn't (and what the Jar Jar theory claims) is two Sith Lords, since they would just murder the hell out of each other as soon as they sensed the other's touch on the Dark Side.

I thought the theory was that Jar Jar was the master and Palpatine the apprentice, who was training his own apprentices in anticipation of taking over. Even without that, it's still more interesting and better thought-through than most of the EU ever was.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

Ooh, why is there a Batman themed burger chain? Who the hell is profiting off of this? Also, Batman specific theme, but WW behind the counter.

I've not read the issue but I 100% believe Dick signed off on it behind Bruce's back to gently caress with him

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
that poor child appears to be melting

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Gnome de plume posted:

Amazing Spider-Man #2 (2014)

I'm disappointed they ordered the medical scan and didn't just say "yeah, that's Pete."

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

site posted:

Okay one more

USAvengers 3

How come everyone's so shiny? Did they grease themselves up for battle?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Vakal posted:

If anything, they should have just made it so her powers created ultra violet light and then have had Blade recruit her to be his WMD against vampires.

They already did something like that when they had her powers be tiny nuclear explosions (which were only tiny because she didn't want to kill everyone) back in the 90s when they were on that "every major x-character ever is secretly one of the most powerful mutants on the planet" poo poo.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Gann Jerrod posted:

Just saw this manga on twitter called Gokushufudo that looks pretty funny.

yeah it's real good

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Yond Cassius posted:

Part of me is imagining a "Ransom of Red Chief" situation with the princess, where they're trying to give-her-back-but-not-really with as little loss of face as possible.

kinda. the demons kidnap the human princess to cause a JRPG plot to happen and then unfortunately discover the princess is a horrible gremlin child who only wants to sleep, and who reacts to the poor state of her cell by constantly breaking out and hunting demons and other things to make herself new bedding, and just generally causing a ruckus. it's very good.

(translation is worse on these pages than the ones previously posted because its a fan one rather than the official one)

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Neighgatron

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Mitsuboshi Colors is about three girls who work together to protect their town from threats such as: the local cop

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Darthemed posted:

Impulse #67 (2000)

j'onn should keep the doiby dickles look imho

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

FoneBone posted:

pretty sure that's Woozy Winks

ah gently caress it is too. thought it was Doiby because he spent basically the whole 90s hanging around with Impulse and Young Justice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Lobok posted:

Also Brave & the Bold had a musical for one episode. Great show all around.

there were some songs in non-musical episodes too, such as when black canary, catwoman and huntress sang about how none of the superheroes dicks work