Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Black Cat's better as an actual villain anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

After meeting the new Inhumans and finding out their names and powers Spider-Man has a bit of friendly new superhero advice for them before heading into battle.

The Amazing Spider-Man Special #1

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hiddenriverninja posted:

For some reason I was a real fanboy of Darkhawk as a kid. A sad, sad kid.

I liked every single of one of those characters as a kid. And still do today.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Darkhawk is one of the those characters that could be really good because there's a neat mythology to play with but nobody ever does anything with him and it's sad.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This thread needs more superheroes discussing Fruit Pies.

Avengers Millennium Infinite Comic #2

(All of the banter between Hawkeye and Spidey is great in this series. It's very obviously not in continuity but it's fun.)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SynthOrange posted:

I thought Darkseid would have a better throne.

Now you know why he prefers couches and lounge chairs.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bobkatt013 posted:

That was the first piece of furniture that we ever saw him sit on

New Gods 2

All that's missing is a good light read. Like perhaps of dictatorial manifesto. You know something you breeze through in an afternoon.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mister Mind posted:

Fine.

(JLI something-or-other)

I-Yi-Yiiiii-Yi-Yi!!!!

Thanks. That's the one I was thinking of.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dolash posted:

Can I ask about the Ryan Reynolds thing real quick? I don't really know much about Deadpool but I'm vaguely aware that people have been after a Ryan-Reynolds-as-Deadpool movie for ages for some reason and I don't know why. Did it start before the X-Men: Origins thing, or was it because of it? What was so great about his performance that everyone decided they needed to get him back? I don't get it.

He's been the fan choice for the role since Blade 3 pretty much. Well before Wolverine Origins. When that movie came out it became a popular dream casting among fans of the comic, so much so that it was written into the comics for a gag. Ryan apparently caught word of it, read up on Deadpool and became a fan. He was asked about it in interviews for a while and when they started making Wolverine Origins and included the character he got to play it. What they did in the movie to the character sucked, but he was glad to be in it because he thought it might be his only chance to play the role. Not long after the rumors of the solo movie popped up, then the script was written and he got heavily involved in the pre-production. It went cold for years though because of Fox getting cold feet and then the script leaked on the internet and the whole thing just became a neat little what if scenario. Last year that CG test reel leaked, the internet blew up over it and Fox said it was on. Then Kingsmen went and proved you can do wacky action with R rating and still make good money so apparently Fox has decided to let them make the movie the way they want to do it.

The first time I remember him directly talking about it was not long after Blade 3 came out on the Blade 3 website. They had a message board there, because everything had a message board in 2004, and on that forum he would actually post with fans about the movie. He mentioned wanting to do it then and had even already been approached about it. So he's been attached to this for over a decade now. I'd say it's a pretty personal project to him for him to have held out this long.

X-O fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Apr 2, 2015

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The entire issue of Wolverines this week belongs in here. Deadpool decides he's going to take Wolverine's place and Wolverine started out by fighting Hulk so he goes to challenge She-Hulk. It doesn't quite work out for him, as is per usual for Deadpool.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wow, that is some horrendous art.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

As good as the cover is, the stuff inside is even better and that's why they should buy the book.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is all moot anyway. We've heard from very trustworthy sources on the matter that Galactus was fake anyway.

Monsters, Myths, and Marvels

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That text translates to "JEEEEEEAAAAANNNNN!!!!!" right?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

It doesn't come out til June 24th?

It came out today. It's a digital book.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Anyone that kills a Gambit is ok in my book.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

What about that one Gambit who killed like 1000 other Gambits across the multiverse?

The enemy of my enemy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

More from Groot #1, a great first issue.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TheJoker138 posted:

I haven't picked up a DC comic in months. What the gently caress is this?

Half page ads are the new big thing grandpa, get with the times.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That art is exactly the kind of art a Squirrel Girl comic should have. It's cartoony and weird and odd. It fits the character perfectly. I'm still not going to read it because I don't care for that character, but it looks like it's a perfect fit to me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Archer and Armstrong #12

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Shutter 14. Loving this series.

Yeah, I'm a big fan, though I've been reading it in volumes rather than singles so I only just got through issue 12. The art is gorgeous.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Fair is fair though, Smash is Liefeld's blatant ripoff of Hulk sure. But Fighting American is a blatant ripoff of Cap created by... Jack Kirby and Joe Simon. Shameless ripoffs aren't a new thing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You do realize that Anna and May are the mother figures in both MJ and Peter's lives right? They clearly named her after them.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The MSJ posted:

Deadpool #1 variant cover

Is that a Twix ad parody?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

More from Groot #4. Behold the power of Numinus!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ghostlight posted:

It's criminal that we'll lose Spider-Ham.

We really won't, since the same writer is writing an ongoing with the same characters and a better artist.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spoiler Alert? Jesus Christ whoever decided to commit that to the page should've been fired on the spot for suggesting it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

None as far as I know. I have no idea where the Val is 14-15 post Battleworld is coming from at all.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey, if you're not posting a funny panel or reacting to a funny panel you're posting in this thread incorrectly. Keep the derails out. Especially about wrestling which has no place here.

This in particular

zoux posted:

If you don't follow wrestling, please ignore:

is not a funny a panel. It's a totally unrelated edited picture. Don't post things like this.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

So where does it go, hermanos.

The wrestling forum.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SilverSupernova posted:

Clearly it's Dormammu. That's why everything suddenly starts with the letter D.

Don't forget this guy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SirDan3k posted:

I don't know what you guys are talking about

It's funny because the writer thinks he's improving the character by pissing on it!

I liked the first couple issues, but it became apparent it was just me wanting to like a Hercules comic. Abnett has really become a pretty bad writer since he split with Lanning.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The rest of this page is for panels only. If you're not posting a panel you'll get some time off to rethink what you did wrong.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There's a number of you that had a hard time reading the post on this page that said post panels only. If your post doesn't have a panel in it, don't hit the submit button.

Preferably panels featuring fruit pies.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Since we're on a new page and this was at the bottom of the last one here's some relevant info.

X-O posted:

There's a number of you that had a hard time reading the post on this page that said post panels only. If your post doesn't have a panel in it, don't hit the submit button.

EDIT: Source is Spider-Man Deadpool #2

X-O fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 12, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Who What Now posted:

What about this relevant info:

Seems pretty lovely to extend the rule beyond what you said it would be without telling anyone.

There was a post made at the bottom of that last page that said do not reply to the thread without a panel. Which was quoted in the post you quoted.

So just to make it perfectly clear: Do not make any posts after this post that do not include a panel.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You no longer have to post a panel anymore, but if the thread goes on another tangent for 20 or 30 posts without any panels again it'll go right back to it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wade Wilson posted:

Is Black Adam telling that alien to suck his dick?

1: That's not Black Adam.

2: No, that's an edit. He wants the title belt the aliens are fighting over.

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Not even close to necessary, but, well, I want a new ruin the moment thread:

Why do we need a new one when the other one is still being posted in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm glad there's at least one other person reading some of those new Aftershock books. I really enjoy Replica and Strayer.