Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

I wish I knew where this was from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

prefect posted:

The person who scanned this image should probably re-calibrate, unless I missed a period of Spider-Man's comics where his costume was red and forest green.

You might want to check the settings on your monitor.

:confused:

- PARKER! STOP POSTING ON THE INTERNET, AND GET ME PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN TERRORIZING THE CITY!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Avulsion posted:

[img - Supergirl KO'd by gun]

Why do they draw Supergirl to look like Bill Paxton in a wig?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Captain Bravo posted:

I kind of want to read a series now where the main character constantly foils the attempts of the main villain by killing his enemies for him and constantly making him stronger.

I enjoy stories where the hero happens to walk by the portrait of someone who can help him.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

If Pym were so smart, he'd:

A.) Live a little more incognito
B.) Be able to explain how Hank is a nickname for Henry

Red
Apr 15, 2003

prefect posted:

Could Green Lantern also explain how Harold turns into Hal?

What?

I thought Hal was short for... Hallington or something.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Wade Wilson posted:

On the subject of Ant-man comic antics, just saw this in Astonishing Antman #8.

Whirlwind is a goon?

Also, Luke Cage really likes the name Power Man, even though he never uses it:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

YOU'RE GETTING YOUR COUNTS MIXED UP RYAN

"Count" Nefaria. I get it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Magneto, the master of magnetism and bizarre hoarding.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

John Dyne posted:

I love how petty this is. Makes me think Sabretooth sat on the side of the road for hours, waiting for Logan, all the while practicing the delivery of his insult.

Fun Sabretooth is the best Sabretooth.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

TheFallenEvincar posted:

also I've always instinctively hated Deadpool but that comic looks amazing please need a source

I believe this is collected in the Deadpool vs SHIELD TPB.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Wade Wilson posted:

What's the rule on spoilers for fairly popular comics that recently came out?

:smith:

I don't read anything new until it comes out in TPB.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Does anyone have the panels where some of the Avengers (Tony or Spider-Man, I forget) find some goofy comic drawings Captain America has been working on, and laugh at it?

Then they realize he overheard the whole thing and is pissed?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I and the rest of the Avengers feel like a dick now.

Edit: Wow, he really punched the poo poo out of that actor playing Hitler. Goddamn.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I like that Peter has a real, actual friend he can count on. :unsmith:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Lobok posted:

If someone thinks that IS Spider-Man and attacks him, then what?

They get PROWL'd!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

This will never be dated

That last panel.

Is that supposed to be

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Imagine if that was O'Grady, though.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think that was in Mark Millar's run on Marvel Knights Spider-Man. Peter's previously been badly injured in a fight with Electro and Vulture abducts him from the hospital, tears off his bandages so he can get a look at his face and goes, "I can't believe it - you've been beating us all these years and you're a nobody!"

See, I thought Peter was kind of known for his Spidey photos.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

fatherdog posted:

It's probably more of a concern for Peter since like a third of his regular villains wind up trying to date Aunt May.

It works out in his favor, too, sometimes.

Doc Ock once helped Spider-Man save a bunch of civilians because May was among them.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Wheat Loaf posted:

Doc Ock's next panel after that is brilliant.

"You are not a civilian. Goodbye."

To be fair, the whole issue is pretty amazing.

I didn't love a lot of JMS's ideas for totems and stuff, but the Ock story was a home run.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Do you know the name of the guy who took that photo of the naked Vietnamese child fleeing napalm? Because I don't.

Well, I'm thinking more that Peter gets recognized for it now and then. Plus, he did publish a book of his photos, and even testified in court about it several times.

Then again, we never remember who gets photos for TMZ.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red posted:

Well, I'm thinking more that Peter gets recognized for it now and then. Plus, he did publish a book of his photos, and even testified in court about it several times.

Then again, we never remember who gets photos for TMZ.

Can't believe I found this page:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Why does that guy get to wear a cowboy hat in court but I can't wear my fez or drive my tiny car?

So he could make that joke.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

So it turns out that Lawyer was in fact 100% correct as Curt later turned into the Lizard and murdered his son, right?

Eh.

Connors turned himself in until he could 100% cure himself, but Calypso used voodoo or some crap to Lizard him up again, and he got out of the vault anyway. So it would've happened regardless.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I know even less about Carnage than I do about Venom. My knowledge of Carnage consists mostly of:
  • Is Red

Nuh uh. :ninja:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

What is Stan Lee's answer as to how we got here? I know he has to have been asked a million times. It bothers me that people are bothered by organic webshooters. You cannot possibly think they don't make the most sense by a country mile.

There's an old ASM Annual where Peter explains his powers to MJ. He theorizes his powers include an inherent knowledge of how to make web fluid.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Wheat Loaf posted:

One thing I remember about the web-shooters is from a story in the Mackie run where Peter ends up sleeping rough and gets his backpack with his costume in it nicked, and the guy who took it needs a sledgehammer to work the web-shooters, because apparently they're designed with Peter's super strength in mind.

Holy cow - do you remember the issue? I really want to see this.

I always figured the web-shooters were more about precision touch.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Lobok posted:

It depends on the writer. I remember reading that Mackie issue at the time too and I thought it was cool, and it has stuck with me. I think of it when they show other people using the webshooters like it ain't no thang.

One thing that doesn't come up anymore, especially in the adaptations, is how the webshooters need(ed?) a double-tap to fire, or else making a fist or grabbing stuff would accidentally fire them. Easy to get around if you show that the trigger is wide and detects the absence of the other two fingers, but... they never do.

The issue I was thinking of where Peter explains his powers to MJ is Spider-Man #26 (vol 1; 1992), or a free 1993 Halloween comic. Can't find any scans, though.

I wish I could find it, he goes into detail about being able to stick to walls and stuff.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Lobok posted:

I remember that one. Used to have all the 30th anniversary issues. Isn't it the one where he explains his bond to walls is crazy strong? It shows Colossus ripping him off a brick wall but only because the bricks broke apart from the rest of the wall.

Yeah! The main story from that issue was a waste of time, but the mini about his powers was great.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

So everyone in this book is jacked?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

All their poo poo is made of stone, dead animals, live animals, and more stone.

I guess that makes sense.

More sense than everyone in He-Man being super-roided.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I cannot get enough of these, dear God.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Deadpool, you forgot to mention he's a NAZI made of bees.

Is he? I feel like he's not interested in anything Nazi, but is just your average crazy villainous scientist.

I wanna say Nazi was his first job, and he moved on, but there doesn't seem to be a sane way of saying that.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Or Scorpion. Or sometimes Eddie Brock if the writer is confused and thinks the animated series is canon.

Or Ock. Ock ransomed Marla for reasons. Jonah hired the Wild Pack, who couldn't handle Otto.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah he had before swapping minds with Peter been planning to kill like 90% of Earth's population (leaving the last 10% alive to remember him as worse than Hitler and Stalin). Kind of hard to get behind a redemption narrative for that guy.

Wasn't he dying, and he wanted to screw over everyone else?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

SHIELD by Kirby and Lee, and SHIELD by Steranko are on sale so I bought em.

Is that helmet supposed to keep Fury from chewing on his stitches?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

redbackground posted:

Not quite, but came across it while searching:

Just a shame they had to do this stuff during the terrible, terrible 90s period.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

prefect posted:

JLA/Avengers was in 2003-4.

Oh, I was assuming it was in the same era as wifebeater shirt Hulk, bizarre armor Thor, and that weird new Spider-Man outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Vakal posted:

That reminds me of my favorite scene from the 90's X-Men cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKMvLjw6hxQ&t=107s

I swore this was gonna be where the glowing playing card is on an elevator that sets down in a middle of a group of Sentinels.

One of the Sentinels gets on his hands and knees, and gets his face next to the card, and says, "It appears to be the ace of spades."

KA-BOOM