Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

It's extremely edgy but it has a sort of charm to it that keeps me reading it that I can't really explain

It's this. I like it a lot, but it's definitely extremely edgy, but in like a cartoon violence way, not an Ennis way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

10 Beers posted:

Always annoys me when writers have Cap call people boy, son, youngster, etc in comics or movies. Guy was in his 20's when he got frozen. He might technically be 80 or whatever, but I can't imagine he'd adopt all the mannerisms of an old man when he got defrosted. Also in the Age of Ultron movie, Tony says "poo poo" and Cap fires back with language!". Come on, dude was a frontline soldier during WW2 and has been through it. We're supposed to believe the mildest of swears is going to upset him?

Between that, the Cap suit in Avengers, and Cap telling the Quinjet pilot "Son, just....don't." I'm thinking Whedon just really doesn't like Captain America.

He's a bad writer, OP

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

At least Latrobe was spared, so we could enjoy delicious locally-brewed Rolling Rock (until Inbev ruined it)

Don't worry, they figured out whatever chemical was leaking into the tanks to give it its flavor and "fixed" it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Odonata posted:

I'm 99% sure it's a callback to a panel, might be in the x-cutioner's song crossover.

It definitely is and I was trying to find it this morning, but couldn't. I'm like 90% sure in the panel he's saying something like "IT'S TIME TO FACE STRYFE MAN TO MAN AND QUITE LITERALLY....FACE TO FACE!!!"

E: Went and looked again and found it. X-Force #16, Part 4 of X-Cutioner's Song, art by Greg Capullo, a good artist!

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 18, 2023

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he's telekinetic. he can grab any of those seemingly unreachable weapons at any time with his mind. i don't think he had tk during x-cutioner's song, though.
He was already telekinetic by this time, but not openly, I'm pretty sure.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shazam #5

Birds of Prey #3

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-Men #29

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Thanos (2023) #2

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Forum accident posted:

ST:TNG was the only comic book I had a subscription to as a kid and it's bizarre, barely Star Trek at all, but the one thing I always remember about it is how they decided to give everyone an eyepatch in the mirror universe, including Geordi.

I'm more impressed that O'Brian has both eyes somehow

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nightwing turned into a fox and everyone's response is "of course he turned into a fox"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bruceski posted:

In my US high school history classes I remember the main issue being that everything was presented as resolved. "Slavery was bad, then Lincoln got shot, then it was all over. Civil Rights oppression was bad, and then MLK got shot, and then racism was over. The Holocaust was terrible, but it happened way over there and afterward nobody was antisemitic again."

Trail of Tears was treated as a sad end to Native American oppression, and I grew up in the middle of a bunch of reservations. You could see that it wasn't over every day.

Ah yes, I, too went to public school in the south

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TheCenturion posted:

Reminds me of Uber and the WW2 history book it was referencing with that tone and writing style.

Can't imagine why that might be

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Nancy seems like a pretty good comic strip as far as I’ve seen.

It has its moments, but reading day to day can get a bit repetitive. Jaimes definitely has a handful of joke formats she likes to stick to.

It's still vastly better than the previous creator.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'd go to lunch with Razor Ramon over some nerd reporter, too. Can't blame her tbh

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I always greet my new coworkers with a friendly foot massage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

In the short story anthology "Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View" there is a story about how Tarkin has a preference for stormtroopers