Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

Aren't they relaunching the whole line soon with Mark Waid writing? Not exactly post-modern, but depending on how that goes it seems like they're actually going to be trying to modernize the whole thing at the very least, with some real writing talent behind it.

And Fiona Staples is drawing it too, I guess.

They're relaunching one comic with Mark Waid writing and hoping to relaunch a few more in the future. They won't stop printing the stuff you see on supermarket checkouts, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

I haven't picked up a DC comic in months. What the gently caress is this?

Don't worry, there's a Left Twix ad, also, for you southpaws.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Really wanna see the Caves of the Devil Dino's.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pastry of the Year posted:

I believe it's the letterer. John Workman's letters perfectly complement Simonson's art, and Workman was the first letterer, in my own comics-reading history, to make me think there was anything other than plain utility to the craft.
Yeah, unless the sound effects are *really* integrated into the art (a la Quitel's Batmobile panel that I can't find a good source of), it's the letterer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Thaddius the Large posted:

He was both smaller and had a higher body fat percentage, all while still being a terrifyingly huge dude. The Rock is not human.
It's much easier to eat right and work specific routines when you're not on the road 5 days out of 7.

Also, he's not drug tested anymore.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Aw, you think he was drug-tested when he was wrestling. That's adorable.

Heh. True. I suppose the breast reduction surgery was a good tipoff.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Nope. Until about 10 years ago, the only thing other than a toilet WWE wrestlers pissed into, was another wrestler's mouth after a bender.

No no, they would occasionally piss and poop into each other's bags.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kellsterik posted:

I love that art. Is the book worth picking up? I heard it was picking up on some of the pre-Decimation status quo from Morrison's run.
It's really good, yeah.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I swear Burnham consulted with Chris Sims on writing Cyclops' dialogue.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Andy Kubert has no trouble at all! Because he draws everyone as Asian whether they are or not.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like the Squirrel Girl art a lot and think it's very fitting for the content.

I wouldn't want Henderson on any just book (though I can only think of one or two who are adaptable for just about anything - Stuart Immonen comes to mind immediately), but there's also few artists I think I'd rather have on Squirrel Girl.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I still really want this shirt.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chaos Hippy posted:

I sell phones, and can confirm that there are still plenty of idiots in the world who think they don't need cases because "I'm always careful. I've never broken a phone in my life!"

I bet the money they've saved on cases and insurance would pay for a new phone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My iPhone 6 is the first phone I've had where I felt like it actually needed a case. I only put a case on my previous phone after Apple broke it trying to repair it under warranty and gave me a new one. I've yet to break any and screen repairs aren't really that expensive, anyway.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mini Marvels made that joke pretty much any time Daredevil showed up and it made me chuckle every time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

You don't want a hybrid of Victorian and Nazi science-gone-bad.

You want STAAAAAAHHHHHHDUST!
Coooooooodyyyyyyyyyyy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hey Billy the Kid isn't a villain!

Well, except for that mall incident.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

:stare:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't get this forum anymore.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If he's ever shown up again, it was in panel backgrounds, and you're asking a question about magic space rings, so stop trying to make sense of it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Opopanax posted:

So how would you explain yellow to someone with no concept of colour, or what colour or light even are?
Well, Katma Tui managed to explain the color green to him well enough that he could assign a note that feels similar, so I'm sure she could explain yellow.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hal is not that clever, and no, that's not quite what happens.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

prefect posted:

What did he do to Green Lantern to require a tracheotomy? Also, who's in the narration boxes?

Dick...chops him in the throat, I think? Dick is the narrator.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

He's calling her a broad.

How many times have I told him not to call chicks broads?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

It's in literally the first line of the Torah.
It's in the Torah, but Judaism doesn't really have an afterlife in the way that the common idea of Christianity does (which isn't even really an accurate depiction of Christianity and doesn't come from Jesus's words in the Bible in any case).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

I'm impressed by the lady wearing a Sinestro Corps T-shirt in panel 1
That is like wearing an IS shirt in Times Square.

It looks more like an improperly colored Larfleeze t-shirt to me. Who doesn't love Larfleeze?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That all of the AoA X-Men don't have claws because why the gently caress not is probably a better question here, really.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Fist/Cage/Jones OT3.

I'm glad they learned the true story of Xenu.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Captain Bravo posted:

Dr. Strange opens the fridge, to find the only things left inside are half an onion and a half-empty jar of olives. With a sigh, he grabs the olives.

INSTANT
EATERY

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maybe he has a secondary mutation.

But no, he is not typically depicted as super strong. Just globby and flammable.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sizone posted:

The Minx #1

What's your true name, BSS?

All-Black, the Necrosword, the Annihiliblade, the God-Slayer

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sex Criminals #13

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

She just needs to eat more nuts to file them down.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Goddammit, I wanted to find a picture of the therapist and now I have "sex criminals therapist" in my search history for ever and ever.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They're called "Canadians," a friendly, docile species with strange vocal intonations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kikkoman posted:

Does the guy work at the Beguiling comic book store in Toronto? He's awesome!

Entirely possible as Zdarsky lives in Toronto and obviously is involved in the comic scene.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kainser posted:

It's spelled Maggott :reject:

Not even the editors care about Maggott.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

It was called Zero Hour. Hal Jordan destroyed the universe but it got recreated with a new big bang. They used this as a chance to soft-retcon stuff like Batman no longer knew who murdered his parents.

No, he's talking about Countdown [To Final Crisis], which is best known for a) Superboy Prime saying things like "I'LL KILL YOU TO DEATH" b) the Jokester (he's like the Joker, but nice), c) Forerunner, and d) an evil Mary Marvel beating Donna Troy with Kyle Raynor.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

wiegieman posted:

That requires you to actually get a copy of Copra.
Which isn't difficult at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I dunno man I know he looks sickly but I'd love to be that buff when I'm old (or when my nanomachines malfunction and start to artificially age me)

I'd like to be that buff *now*