Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

What happened to those robot tentacle things that guard the mansion? This is a gross violation of continuity! :arghfist::nixon:

After the last time Deadpool broke into the mansion, the AI in charge of tentacles needed to take a very long shower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Wade Wilson posted:

Why does Luke care, anyway?

If there was a guy in your field of employment who'd been doing it longer than you and was generally looked up to and viewed as extremely successful in your field by your peers, and you introduced him to your wife for the first time, and her reaction was "Oh my god I was in love with you when we were in high school together" you might, possibly, be dealing with feelings of insecurity afterwards. Even if he was your friend. Especially if he was your friend.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Speaking of which, have a z-list Spider-Man foe!

Marvel Team-Up #120

Technically he's a D-list Spider-Woman foe :eng101:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
It's also slang for a prostitute. Most British cities will have one every 100 feet.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Do you think they're gonna get her? :ohdear:

They probably want her skull.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LateToTheParty posted:

I never did buy the concept that Norman Osborn somehow becoming in charge of the upper echelons of government but I thought the premise was hilarious because he was so cartoonishly evil and the fact that everyone he interacted with basically knew he was lunatic who could kill them all.

We had eight years of a guy with no heartbeat who shot a friend of his in the face and made that guy apologize to him as the second most powerful guy in the country.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

CzarChasm posted:

I like how Doc Ock has a guitar, for no reason, as a factory worker.

He works at the C&C Music Factory.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wow, even for Liefeld that's pretty goddamn lazy.

Did Not-Captain-America shrink to like six inches tall in that second panel?

Uh. The purple dude is explicitly saying that his anger is causing him to grow larger in that panel.

Like it's impressive that in a panel rife with Liefeldisms you managed to criticize the one thing that isn't an error.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

I'm so glad someone remembers Rage besides me.

fatherdog posted:

As I recall, Rage was a 12 year old who got bulked up by toxic waste so that's completely reasonable.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

dordreff posted:

90s Supergirl was some kind of hosed up goo monster fused with a human woman but also an angel I think.

Peter David had a story he wanted to tell that had nothing to do with Supergirl, so he did a find-and-replace on his script, and then afterwards other writers had to clean up his mess.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

PAD wrote all 80 issues of that series so what are you talking about?

....pretty much exactly what I said I was talking about?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Senior Woodchuck posted:

While still managing to be 100% wrong about how the behind-the-scenes there worked?

...No?

Peter David had a story about angels and god and poo poo he wanted to tell, so he shoehorned it into Supergirl resulting in a lot of confusing poo poo, and then when other writers had to clean up his mess there was a lot more confusing poo poo. That's pretty much exactly how it went.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
The spiderman strip edits were done by Jay Pinkerton, who was an early Cracked writer/editor and now works for Valve.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

Mankind to aliens: Send Nudes

If we ever do make contact with alien life I put the over/under on three days before a human figures out how to gently caress one.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Wanderer posted:

Nah, son. You can block the word balloons out of most of Dillon's comics and still get a nearly perfect idea of what's going on, which is an underrated talent. Reading a bunch of Dillon's work is a pretty strong class in panel composition and flow.

He's been miscast on superhero books for most of the last twenty years, no question, but people who bitch about his faces are missing a lot.

tbh I think a lot of the complaints come from the fact that his composition has always been great, but his faces have gotten considerably worse/more same-y over the years, which makes it seem that he's either regressing or getting lazy. If he'd always been like that people would probably just chalk it up to "Well, you can't be great at EVERYTHING"

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Wanderer posted:

He has always been like that. There's a panel early in Preacher where Featherstone's glasses get knocked off and she's thus made effectively identical to Tulip, who's also a blonde woman with close to the same haircut.

Eh, mid-to-late Preacher is where he started to get really bad about it. If you look at early Preacher and his animal man stuff, his faces have a lot more variety, imo. And he got markedly worse post-Preacher.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

lol

(I am literally currently building a set of servers that I called kima, bunk, and omar)

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Uthor posted:

The X-Men fight some Russians, who happen to have a bear with them.

X-Men '92 #1

Jesus, someone's still using the Soviet Super Soldiers?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, I realise that Miles and Kamala don't know him, but it's kinda goofy how they panic at Deadpool approaching the kid when he's obviously the member of both teams combined best-suited to doing so. Hell, there's like 15 people there and him and Quicksilver are the only ones who actually HAVE kids.

You just said they don't know him, so why would it be goofy that they panic when the guy approaching the literal child is the member of the team that looks like Freddy Kreuger?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Squirrel Girl having the most incredibly mediocre powers was the entire gag with her unbeatability, although that's been beaten into the ground at this point. She's slightly stronger and faster than normal people. And can command squirrels.

"The joke behind Squirrel Girl, created by Will Murray and Steve Ditko, is that she’s an unlikely hero who looks sort of ridiculous in her furry mammal costume, yet somehow she proves unbeatable against every dangerous villain or crazed maniac she meets. One may wonder if the gimmick has the sticking power to support an ongoing series, but it’s worked pretty well for Batman for the last 75 years."
-Andrew Wheeler

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Right, I'm not American or anything and don't really follow American politics, but Trump's the favourite to win, isn't he?

http://election.princeton.edu/

EDIT: Why are you asking this in the Funny Panels thread

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

nerdman42 posted:

If someone could write a version of The Wire but with superheroes, I would be a happy man. I genuinely want to know how the stats game would work when you have magic and the eighteen superheroes in New York messing with your cases. Would gangs have plans in case the Punisher strolled down their block? Important questions.

I mean, the tone is wildly different, but you are kind of describing Top Ten.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

I'm pretty that's happened before where another villain (I think it was the Vulture?) managed to unmask Spider-Man and came to the unhappy realization that 'average-looking dude' is not a great lead to go on finding out his secret identity.

It's probably more of a concern for Peter since like a third of his regular villains wind up trying to date Aunt May.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

SonicRulez posted:

I love the idea that Peter actually did try and market his tech and every place just told him "Nah, not good enough." Spidey's B and C list villains are smarter than he is. I also love the idea that Lex Luthor could be humanity's savior, but he's too big of a dick to actually bother.

I would imagine selling super-tech is more difficult in a world where Tony Stark has to keep booze in the cupboard and Reed shits out a new piece of Kirbytech on his daily coffee break.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Archer and Adventure Time are both good shows but they have wildly different styles of humor so it's not really that surprising that someone might like one but not the other.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

To ignore it is the same as pretending it never happened. Making good from the wreckage is far more respectful.

Nobody ever seems to be trying to "make good from the wreckage" of the time Peter backhanded Mary Jane across a room. Probably because writers rightly moved on and ignored it instead of dwelling on it for two decades.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
tbh a cop or cops looking the other way when Frank "breaks out" every time a hero brings him in is pretty within the realm of possibility. I imagine Tough On Crime Man would be pretty popular among a certain segment of police.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

That was very, very obviously meant to be Death speaking to Frank.

They do a callback to that in Moon Knight; I forget if it was the first Ellis run or the one after it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

uPen posted:

Hi I'm an super powerful being who can level cities with a whisper. I like to wear fetish latex suits over my whole body 24/7 with a tuning fork on my forehead.

Are /you/ gonna be the one to tell him he looks stupid?

EDIT: Also my favorite thing about Black Bolt is his actual name is "Blackagar Boltagon", which is the Kirbiest thing that ever Kirbied.