Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Keldroc posted:

These days he focuses his energy on exposing the grand hoax of tectonic theory perpetrated by Big Science.

Holy poo poo, that reads like a Toblerone Triangular post. But where TT was fakeposting it sounds like Adams actually believes in this craziness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Kalli posted:

Avengers: The Initiative #35 I think.

Maybe the kid has primordial dwarfism?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Evil Mastermind posted:

That is the least weirdest thing about Hanks' comics by a pretty wide margin. The things are like nightmarish fever dreams.

I'm not sure why but few things creep me the gently caress out like Fletcher Hanks comics. Something about the way he draws faces and the proportions of his bodies being off in a way that just makes me uneasy. I still read them every time they're posted though.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Mister Mind posted:

Fine.

(JLI something-or-other)

So did he come in from some nasty rain or get so scared he just pissed all over himself?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Mister Mind posted:

Oberon was crawling through the Apokolips sewer system (if I recall correctly), and ended up in Darkseid's rec room.

That's actually a better answer than I expected, I just figured the coloring was off or something.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Phy posted:

To take Radioactive Man over the hills and far away.

I hate to admit that it took me a minute to get, but you got a good laugh out of me.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Nipponophile posted:

Newspaper Spider-Man: World's Greatest Detective

I don't really keep up with newspaper Spidey (although I probably should), but I like how all it takes is a lovely haircut to identify an Osborne in any given setting.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Selachian posted:

It gets better -- they've broken into his house, and Black Widow slammed Harry's hand in his night table drawer, simply because the Hobgoblin has showed up again.

That's even better than I could have imagined.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Say Nothing posted:

No idea what this is.

That's gotta be Spidey Super Stories, right?

Although the "Ha Ha It's too easy" seems a little mean spirited for that.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

redbackground posted:

Is that Aaron and Elsa in the first panel dancing together? DELIGHTFUL.

Looks more like Tabby.

e: or Taby, however she wants to spell it.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 20, 2015

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

John Dyne posted:

The ape in the shirt is Pete, a demon bound to Jack after he beat Lo Pan, who he got clothed at a truck stop.

Is that the one that was hiding in the back of his truck at the end of the movie?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Random Stranger posted:

What? Don't you like Clive Barker's Razorline?

When I was a dumb kid I probably would have thought this was cool as hell, but at this point in my life the only thought I have is "how the gently caress does a guy with giant straight razors for hands wipe his rear end?"

e: I mean, aside from "very carefully". Or "practice, practice, practice!"

e2: goddamnit

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 23, 2015

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

AfroSquirrel posted:

Yep. Newspaper Spiderman is too!

Along with a sentient, Speed Buggy-esque version of the Spider Mobile.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
One of the first comics I can remember reading was Avengers #200.

Yeah, 8 year old me wasn't too sure what to make of that mess.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Selachian posted:

I do remember my parents bringing me Jules Feiffer's The Great Comic Book Heroes when I was in the hospital that year and how awesome it was.

Holy poo poo, I completely forgot I had that before I ever read any regular comics. Probably one of the best introductions to comics that a kid could ask for. I still have it somewhere, I gotta go dig it out.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

choobs posted:

I can't read Dirk Anger's dialogue without hearing Hunter Gathers from The Venture Bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsyRcJkt2UU

Same here. And Hunter Gathers' voice is just a slightly exaggerated impression of Hunter S. Thompson, which is completely appropriate seeing as how both Gathers and Dirk Anger are basically just 'Hunter S. Thompson, Agent of SHIELD'. So it totally makes sense for them to have similar voices and expressions.

E: I was trying to get the video link to go right to 2:25, which is the point where HST starts getting lively, but can't quite get it to work.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 18, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, if it gets to be too big a problem it'll just go to live with a foster family offscreen.

Is that the comics version of sending the dog to live on a big farm upstate?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Ghostlight posted:

People are recommending the comic in the same way that I drag a dozen people to see The Room every year.

It definitely provokes the same kind of reaction that watching The Room does in that it's completely terrible, but it's the best kind of terrible where you just have to see what kind of insanity is gonna come next.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 8, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

prefect posted:

I've only seen isolated panels and pages, but ASBAR seems pretty awesomely insane. :shrug:

Batman Odyssey is awesomely insane, ASBAR is just kinda bad with occasional bits of humor like the yellow room bit. Even that gets dumb when Robin nearly kills GL and Bruce has to give him a pen tracheotomy.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Scaramouche posted:

I think in the past someone has said it's actually his brother writing it.

That would be Larry Lieber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I've never read his solo stuff, but when Strange showed up in Howard the Duck I absolutely read his dialogue in Orpheus' voice.

At some point Steven Rattazzi's voice became the full time default in my head for anything I read with Strange and I have yet to find a story where it doesn't work. poo poo, if I was rich I'd just pay whatever it cost to have him dub the whole movie for my own personal enjoyment.