Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Just finished binging Atomic Robo and never saw this one earlier in the thread so:

(v4ch5)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

Writers have always had an understandably hard time making normal wings dynamic in a world where all the other Xmen exist, so they jump on any excuse to diversify him
Fire is also quite a bit faster to draw than feathers.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Elfface posted:

Here, have PBF do the same basic joke much better.

http://pbfcomics.com/275/

idgi

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

darkwasthenight posted:

That's Death Head's only appearance in the run iirc.
He shows up in the background of another panel near the very end

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

It is only a single issue but you need to read Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man 310. It just came out and is Chip Z'Darsky's final issue and is literally about that.

i didn't come to the funny panels thread to cry, dammit

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Here's a set of funny panels from Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #3

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Actually it's Frank Castle

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Dial "B" for Beltman

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Phy posted:

Also that basically describes any Vancian magic character in a tabletop RPG. Like, wizards (or clerics, I think?) in D&D.
And druids!

Prior to 4/5e, at any rate. In 5e you prepare a set of readied spells that can be cast in any variety until you run out of spell slots.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Is... Is he wearing a Power Glove?

That is 100% a Power Glove and now I'm even more interested.

Wikipedia posted:

Commando Ninja: Back in 'Nam is a comic book prequel that takes place 12 years before the film. The comic book is written by Gerardo Preciado and drawn by Luis Rivera. The comic book was released in digital format in mid-2019.

stringless fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 30, 2019

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

FF Grand Design
oh my, this is a whole new thing to read

X-Men: Grand Design

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #23

Is Spider-Geddon worth checking out? I did enjoy Superior Spider-Man and the original Spider-Verse arc. But it's another 17-issues-spread-over-6-titles event and that's a hassle when I'm going to lack context.

That was a dumb question, they're almost all one-shots or end-of-series

oh no

/e and Edge of Spider-Geddon isn't even in the "here's all the comics for the event" list but it gets Nick's editor notes ffffffffffuck maybe I'll wait for the TPB

stringless fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Dec 7, 2019

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

isn't there an entire subforum you can gently caress off to to post abouit anime?

and your monkey cheese happens-to-be-Japanese can loving stay there please

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Sorry about that subtle underlying case of racism you've got there mate.

it's not racism to dislike garbage comics. Plenty of Actual People from Japan Also Dislike Garbage Comics, For the Record

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

To ward off inevitable assholes: Trigun might be the best cartoon ever made, I've read hundreds of issues of Naruto and Bleach and didn't feel bad about it, and whatever the gently caress that was is Monkey Cheese Garbage and it's not A Racism to point that out, gently caress right off.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Sorry about that subtle underlying case of racism you've got there mate.

if you don't think this is the best four panel comic ever made, that's a racism:

(because it reads left to right, you see)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Really all you need. No context necessary. It's a chainsaw dude riding a shark. Which, if it had only been described to me, is something I would've initially guessed to have come from some surreal western indy comic.

and chainsaw head riding shark is one panel

it's badass, so this is the wrong thread. Nothing about it is funny except that the shark is dumb and that is probably not the shark's fault.

everything would be fine if just the badass whole-page panel of chainsaw head riding idiot shark had been posted in the BSS Badass Panels Thread

and none of the rest, because wow it's a bad look

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Skwirl posted:

That was almost certainly stolen from a Gail Simone comic featuring King Shark.

Sure, and this was the first time "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!" was ever spoken or written:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEYViV8p-Ow

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Referenced? What year was Gail Simone's "IIIIIII'M A SHARK" because i am having a hell of a time trying to look it up

"suck my dick / i'm a shark" was 2006, for the record

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

oh look, it's from Secret Six #35, released in 2011

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Webcomic "suck my diiiick I'm a shark": 2006

actual comic "iiiiiii'm a shark" 2011

suck my dick it was obviously a loving reference just like "the juggernaut, bitch" was suuuuuuuuuck it

oof sorry that's mean, let me be relevant

Skwirl posted:

What? Are you claiming Gail Simone ripped off a random web comic?

2006 vs Gail Simone's reference (not that there's anything wrong with that) in 2011 suck my diiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Gail Simone made a hilarious reference, you were bad at comics.

/e2 i'll eat a sixer with no complaints as long as this post stands otherwise unedited

cuz i'm a fuckin shaaaaaaaaaaaark

stringless fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Dec 9, 2019

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

prefect posted:

Why would you get probated for this? Being salty? Wasn't that mean.

aw.

it's intended to be, why else would it feel so good?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Alaois posted:

it's far too early for you to be drunk

As I respond the current time is 1:30 AM. I disagree.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I was always under the impression that Woodhouse was intended as a take on Alfred, so it's appropriate enough.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

Is this a dig at Hawkeye, or what?

Hawkeye, Green Arrow, any of their sidekicks, any of the other vast number of "good at bows" charcters.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The Question IRL posted:

Which is a good thing to. As one day Dracula might turn you into a Wolfman and then force you to race against the Mummy, the Frankenstieners and a Werewolf (which is different to a Wolfman.) For your humanity.

And while a lesser person might crack under such pressure, Shaggy's whole life has prepared him for that situation and he knows what to do.
I was going to point out that Shaggy consistently cracks under no pressure, but he certainly does have relevant experience there.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

It's 0.6 more proof than Fireball.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

pretty sure that guy's a "wizard" that casts "fist" from the last time this dance happened here.

Which is funny with context! Just like Dungeon Meshi is hilarious with context! Hell, they're both basically D&D jokes written long form

stringless fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 22, 2020

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I'm not entirely sure how self-aware the original Warrior Nun comics were, but this is from issue #3 of the 1999 run:

The show is pretty slow at first and ends weirdly but it's pretty good

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

"Iceman is able to form a rising column of ice beneath his feet, capable of lifting him off the ground. The tensile strength of the column is determined by its thickness, and its steadiness by how well it has been braced. A well-braced and regular column, 6 feet in diameter at its base, is able to support his weight without toppling for about 85 feet in a 40-mile per hour wind. ... Iceman, although, has shown that he is not limited to creating constructs and can fly on his own with his control over moisture."

i know that this means there are definitely issues where Iceman did both of those things precisely to those specifications but lol

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

if Magneto can fly by pushing against the metal in the ground? i guess? it's totally fine for Iceman to be capable of flying by subtracting energy from the water molecules in the air? i guess?

"Iceman's powers are so vast that it extends down to the molecular level, to the point he can freeze all of the molecules of an object/being with a thought, he can with a thought freeze the flow of blood to the brain and reverse the process with no side effects, and even evaporate someone into nothingness and reverse the process."

okay yes superpowers are magic but this is too much

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Excuse me I think you'll find the center-piece of the room is the American Flag

centered over the desk, anyway

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Even worse, imagine being the one suddenly wearing it.

wouldn't be the first time someone wore Plastic Man

that said, whoever that is looks the second most distressed after Plastic Man himself

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

counterpoint: tiny shoulder bags are dumb as hell in any world rob liefeld was involved in

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Nilbop posted:

I'm going to need someone to tell me who the big lady is. Please.

"Osita"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Elissimpark posted:

Are there any established gorilla or gorilla-based villains in the Marvel Universe?
DC has Gorilla Grodd and Monsieur Mallah for starters. Maybe he's just excited for the novelty.

Gorilla-Man, Gorilla Rider, Gorilla Girl?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Elissimpark posted:

I thought you were taking the piss at first, but then I googled them.

Hell, I didn't believe Gorilla Rider was real at first either

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

site posted:

I feel like somebody melting your 20th car isn't worth killing a guy over

yeah but he asked "are you mad?" to which the answer is clearly "yes."

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Iron Man #1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, the next page is him realizing what he just tried to do and zooming down to catch the guy before he ends up pavement art.

all while monologuing followed by an incredible payoff