Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I dunno, I just hear all written dialogue as H. Jon Benjamin regardless of sex, age, race, or species.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

AnonSpore posted:

In much the same way, Spider-Man still sounds like a weird hybrid of Christopher Barnes and Patrick Chilvers in my head.

While reading The Superior Spider-Man I couldn't not hear Efrem Zimbalist Jr. whenever Superior Spidey spoke and I kept thinking "How does anyone not realize it's Doctor Octopus with that ridiculous German accent?!?"

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Nycticeius posted:

Holy poo poo, I never knew how badly I needed an X-Men Anime until now.

You mean other than the one that already exists?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

IUG posted:

Is there somewhere that these can be streamed from legally?

I watched the X-Men one on Canadian Netflix. Not sure if it's still up there.

EDIT: Nope, not on Canadian or American Netflix, never mind.

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 15, 2015

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

AnonSpore posted:

Wasn't that just him controlling them with the metal he'd threaded through their bodies (like he might do with Wolverine) instead of actually overriding their programming?

No, because at one point he tells one to "do what you were made for" and it shows its HUD registering Wolverine and them as mutants. He basically reprogrammed them. And invented voice recognition.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
So how long until Archie vs. the Terminator?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Yeah, I just about to ask how a skeleton has boobs, then started feeling my own shoulders around my bra straps to see if you could wear a stuffed bra without the straps falling between your bones, then began seriously questioning my sanity/life. Fuckin' comics.

Just tell yourself "It's Deadpool. Of course Death has boobs."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Uthor posted:

Are there any "JEEEAAAN!"s?

Yeah, but it takes place in the early 90s so they're all high-waisted.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Listen, wet-eyes...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CzarChasm posted:

Speaking of Crisis on Infinite Gambits, wasn't there some comic revolving around Mr Sinister and his castle/fortress? It's kind of a guided tour, and at some point he has a Remy enclosure where about 100 gambits just keep saying "Mon ami" at each other like some really bizarre zoo?

Sinister's Gambit clones were a recurring enemy in the Deadpool video game. They would run around spouting his catch-phrases, traveled in packs, and exploded whenever they got close enough to you.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bobkatt013 posted:

Poor Scott Adsit. I guess it was a stinking dead-end job.
Criminal The sinners 1

Is that the same Scott Adsit as Scott Adsit, agent of SHIELD? Or are there multiple Scotts Adsit?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Selachian posted:

Arrested last winter for allegedly hitting his wife.

Be fair, allegedly beating the hell out of his wife.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Maduo posted:

How many times have Daredevil and She-Hulk been against each other in the courtroom? It must happen to them every other week.

I dunno, usually when she is a lawyer (and not a bounty hunter or unemployed), She-Hulk tends to work in superhero/villain related law, while Matt just works in regular people law.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Phanatic posted:

What's with the awful art, though?

That's Javier Pulido. He's got a weird style. I get the feeling he's going for a kind of quirky, eccentric Daniel Clowes/MAD Magazine kind of look. I'm not particularly fond of it, really.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Or he's the guy you get if you're philosophically opposed to both of a person's eyeballs pointing in the same direction.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It works in some contexts. The whole "DO NOT WRECK THIS GIGANTIC DOOM" exchange definitely benefited from a more surreal, streamlined look. I can't imagine it being as funny drawn by someone like, say, Stuart Immonen.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Time is all kinds of hosed up in comic world. I'm pretty sure only a couple of years have passed since the events of Uncanny X-Men #1 from way back in '63. Isn't Iceman still in his early to mid 20s?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Opopanax posted:

Old Iceman, Young Iceman, or Old Young Iceman?

Thank you for proving my point.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
That is impressively ugly.

Also, I thought Beak was just a regular ol' sapien now.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
And yet he spent the time to get that perfect Farrah Fawcett curl.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

mind the walrus posted:

I should save those panels as exhibit A for why I loathe most Harley Quinn the same way I loathe most Deadpool.

Like good Deadpool stories, Injustice mixes in some pathos for Harley. It's the best non-cartoon depiction I've seen of her*.

*admittedly, I haven't seen a whole lot of non-cartoon depictions of her, though

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Well, the thing about Injustice is that, since Joker's dead, Harley has to kind of find out how to exist independently. The interesting part about it (from what I've read) is that, without Joker's influence, she's turning out to be a not-so-bad person.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Uthor posted:

People don't like Erica Henderson's art? :psyduck:

I just don't like the way the lips are drawn. Everyone looks like they're puckering up, regardless of what their mouth is doing.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Sweet Jesus, it's just a silly comic. Y'all need to calm it down a notch.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Kevin Smith doesn't seem to be able to write a comic book character that doesn't sound like Kevin Smith.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

qntm posted:

I don't know, I think I could get behind a version of Hal Jordan who's a hilariously inept moron with a power ring. And if he overcomes his rampant stupidity and succeeds because his heart's in the right place, then that's heartwarming as well as being funny. It's a human quality! It's the infallible white bread Mary Sue Hal Jordan who sucks.

And Jack Black could play him in the movie!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Hakkesshu posted:

I feel I should be reading this book

It's a good book. I read the first few issues. I'd be reading it right now, except that I can't bring myself to pay for individual issues since I subscribed to Marvel Unlimited, so I'll be reading it in six months or so.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lurdiak posted:

There's no loving way Scott Lang doesn't know what a Skrull is. They invaded the entire loving planet. I think he might have been dead at the time, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have heard of it after the fact.

He might know what a skrull is, but how would he know the intergalactic implications of being compared to their hindquarters? Maybe skrulls are renowned for having nice asses.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Uthor posted:

Batman would be all "I relive the trauma of my parents' death every day" and then would punch you.

No, Batman would punch him first and then, when he's on the ground all, "B-but...how?!? I trapped you inside your most traumatic moment! You should be helpless!" Batman will narrow his eyes and growl, "My most traumatic moment? I never left it."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Jack Kirby: more feared than Captain America.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don't even think Kirby would have to do anything. Just furrow those magnificent brows of his and that's enough punishment for anyone.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

I was gonna say someone desperately trying to ape Mike Allred's style...but then it turned out to be Mike Allred.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Or just stopped the murder in the first place.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

ImpAtom posted:

You don't need the force to use a lightsaber, Han uses one in Empire Strikes Back

Not use it, but wield it effectively in combat. Something about how the blade is weightless (or incredibly heavy, depending on your source, because Star Wars). You can't twirl something around like that if there's no weight to add momentum or what have you.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm not even that into Star Wars, I'm just relaying what I heard.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Honestly, some of those were pretty dope. She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Nova, and Gamora in particular.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I imagine Cable always reeks of rancid Fruit Roll-Ups and stale Dunkaroos from all the snacks he's forgotten about putting in those pouches.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

zoux posted:

They got everything Thors nowadays.

She-Hulk #5

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 24, 2015

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Obviously they just think that all white powders in the kitchen are interchangeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
No Col. Jack O'Neil?