Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Who was it here that had that insane profile that exempted them from doing things like wearing a uniform? Anyone have that picture handy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Who was it here that had that insane profile that exempted them from doing things like wearing a uniform? Anyone have that picture handy?

It was my profile. Here ya go:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Delizin posted:

:stonk: goddrat

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Delizin posted:

Thanks! Mind if I ask what happened?

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Thanks! Mind if I ask what happened?

everything

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

My autonomic nervous system got wrecked. They aren't positive of the exact cause. They ruled out anything genetic or preexisting and believe it was one of the lovely vaccines or from an infection. Took em like 3 years just to diagnose the problem, but it fucks up pretty much all of my bodily functions that are done subconsciously like vasodilation, heart beat, digestion, etc.

Now I am have the fun of going to the VA for treatment until I find a good real doctor. All of my VA doctors have to google my condition then they make treatment suggestions based on their "research". It's pretty great.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
Jesus, I haven't seen a 'breathing optional' profile in years.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, that's even worse than mine was, holy poo poo.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Delizin posted:

Now I am have the fun of going to the VA for treatment until I find a good real doctor. All of my VA doctors have to google my condition then they make treatment suggestions based on their "research". It's pretty great.

this is the VA'est thing I think i've ever seen

good luck buddy, get to a civilian doctor ASAP tho :(

have you tried bitching to the VA patient advocates?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Patient advocate for the local (250+ miles away) VA hospital is absolutely useless. Every time I have to call her for something she takes like 2 weeks to get back to me then manages to do nothing at all.

I was supposed to get one of those Choice cards because it is so far from any VA facilities from here, but somehow the choice card people don't have me in their system at all and said I have to call my local VA hospital. Local VA hospital has no idea and tells me I need to call the Choice card people. Just the usual cluster gently caress.

Also just got a letter in the mail telling me that the VA was going to send me a letter within the next two weeks with a survey in it.

Anyway, got an appointment with a real doc next week, but I'll just be doing the Tricare copay poo poo. We'll see if that goes anywhere.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Man, I live 15 miles from the VA and they sent me a choice card back at the beginning of the month.

Probably because my local VA is one of the worst in the country. Hooray?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Came to post here that I finally got my C&P exam coming up after having the VA kick the can for 3 years. Depending how they rate me I could be looking at a some P.deece scratch.

VA payments are entitlements right? I don't get taxed on this?

Delizin posted:

Patient advocate for the local (250+ miles away) VA hospital is absolutely useless. Every time I have to call her for something she takes like 2 weeks to get back to me then manages to do nothing at all.

I was supposed to get one of those Choice cards because it is so far from any VA facilities from here, but somehow the choice card people don't have me in their system at all and said I have to call my local VA hospital. Local VA hospital has no idea and tells me I need to call the Choice card people. Just the usual cluster gently caress.

Also just got a letter in the mail telling me that the VA was going to send me a letter within the next two weeks with a survey in it.

Anyway, got an appointment with a real doc next week, but I'll just be doing the Tricare copay poo poo. We'll see if that goes anywhere.

Yikes dude, you ever consider contacting a lawyer or like a service organization to help you out?

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 29, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Came to post here that I finally got my C&P exam coming up after having the VA kick the can for 3 years. Depending how they rate me I could be looking at a some P.deece scratch.

VA payments are entitlements right? I don't get taxed on this?

No tax. Also you get backpay from the time of the incident/deployment to now in a lump check.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Only if it's within a year of your EAS no?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I was Guard, so maybe I'm different. I was still in and started collecting, which caused issues with having to pay poo poo back or something, idk it was like 7 years ago

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I separated in 1997.

They didn't get around to fully rating me till 2012.

I got FULL backpay. Every loving penny.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
:stare:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So did you fill your pool with 15 years of backpay or just something boring like paying off a house or truck?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Slim Pickens posted:

So did you fill your pool with 15 years of backpay or just something boring like paying off a house or truck?

why not both

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
hey n4i this video is for you

http://www.hulu.com/watch/615557

If you don't have a hulu account you can watch the first 90 seconds or so, which is the relevant clip anyway. Couldn't find it on youtube. SORRY but it's about dicks..

<3 u

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I believe it is now you get back paid to your date of separation provided you did your initial filing within 2 years of separation.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Wrap it up losers, autism moms have it harder than you.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Wrap it up losers, autism moms have it harder than you.

"He has seizures. He has multiple health problems. He has frustration issues. He can't speak and communicate, so there is aggression and self-injury with that,"

So...being a squad leader in the army?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Sounds like an average day in any given squad bay, tbqh.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Zeris posted:

So...being a squad leader in the army?

WTU squad leader. A job I wouldn't wish on anyone.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4ColdWar posted:

I separated in 1997.

So you and Vasudus are in the same club of dudes who got loaded over night.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Jokes on me that money went towards countering being a poor as gently caress grad student for two+ years.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Nostalgia4ColdWar posted:

I separated in 1997.

you don't have to tell me and I don't expect you to but I might as well ask how much is 15 years of back pay?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Quantify in terms of a car Are we talking high-end BMW? Maybe a Porsche 911 Carrera?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

Quantify in terms of a car Are we talking high-end BMW? Maybe a Porsche 911 Carrera?

better be a lambo or bentley or some poo poo

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Visiting the local university today almost had a car wreck driving by the gym and saw the outdoor yoga class.

Wanna quit my job and go back to school.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Cole posted:

you don't have to tell me and I don't expect you to but I might as well ask how much is 15 years of back pay?

Around $523K at 100% as of 2015 rates.

But I'm sure there is some dickory that would pull that down to a lower number.

Edit: If they rate him as 100% and single which is a monthly check of $2,906 and some change.

With a spouse its $3,068.90. Which would be $552402.

Chances are they would back track the pay tables and give you the rate of that calander year each year, which means you would only get $2k for like one year, and $1600 for the previous and so on/so forth. What ever the pay out was each year for your %, thats the check they cut you. Its still :homebrew:

Edit take 3: Here are the tables, go nuts!

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 29, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Jesus.

50% disability for 15 years' back pay is $150,508. :eyepop:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

Jesus.

50% disability for 15 years' back pay is $150,508. :eyepop:

No wonder my parents retired immediately when my dad got his 18 years of 100% backpay.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I only had to deal with retards for 5 years, she's gotta deal with one till he kicks the bucket, so I'll give her that.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

No wonder my parents retired immediately when my dad got his 18 years of 100% backpay.

gently caress. If I get 100%, my rear end is taking the almost $400k I would get and retiring.

at 35..

Because with no house payment since I could buy one in Indiana for like... way less than that.... and still getting $2906 a month? gently caress work. I'll sit on my couch eating cheetos and mashing my finger on a laptop about :argh: blacks wellfare queens :argh:

Edit:

Slim Pickens posted:

I only had to deal with retards for 5 years, she's gotta deal with one till he kicks the bucket, so I'll give her that.

gently caress that. She is a pillow away from freedom. We had to finish out a contract with the loving government.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
If DAV is right and I collect disability from DOS to present, that'lll be an awfully nice check.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Genocide Tendency posted:

Chances are they would back track the pay tables and give you the rate of that calander year each year, which means you would only get $2k for like one year, and $1600 for the previous and so on/so forth. What ever the pay out was each year for your %, thats the check they cut you. Its still :homebrew:

To my knowledge that's exactly what they do

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That's what they did for my back BAH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Genocide Tendency posted:

gently caress. If I get 100%, my rear end is taking the almost $400k I would get and retiring.

at 35..

Because with no house payment since I could buy one in Indiana for like... way less than that.... and still getting $2906 a month? gently caress work. I'll sit on my couch eating cheetos and mashing my finger on a laptop about :argh: blacks wellfare queens :argh:

Your retirement dream is surfing the Internet for 40 years in corn country?

• Locked thread