Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Recessive traits are a hell of a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
white girl from orange county version of baby got back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_hveXzklMA

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Obama Africanus posted:

My boy got himself a "white" girl with sort of that kind of body, turns out she's biracial. Basically her parents were both Oreos and she came out white looking mostly like her folks.

Now my boy is heb as gently caress, I figured their kids were gonna be born with bifocals, IBS, and a reasonably well diversified investment portfolio.

Let's just say his son has the darkest year round tan you've ever seen a kid have, and water beads the gently caress up off his well braided hair. His daughter looks like Annie in black face, too.

Parents couldn't look or be more white if they tried.

It's so loving lol to me when the gorillas appear in the genetic mist like this and just throw a monkey wrench in some WASPy families whole works.

I was all like "hahahaha where is your God now Avi, you are raising a previcted criminal haha, look here is a teavana gift card you race betraying yuppy gently caress." at some party for them muddying the collective genetic waters (I thought in my mind not said out loud lol I'm not that crass). This was years ago, around trayvawn time (rip) Then I started taking meds and going to therapy and now I understand why that thinking was inappropriate, even though true and somewhat thoughtful.

Dude liked his teavana. :colbert:
Annie is black now :ssh:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

Annie is black now :ssh:

Not if you shop at Target.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Obama Africanus posted:

I was all like "hahahaha where is your God now Avi, you are raising a previcted criminal haha, look here is a teavana gift card you race betraying yuppy gently caress." at some party for them muddying the collective genetic waters (I thought in my mind not said out loud lol I'm not that crass). This was years ago, around trayvawn time (rip) Then I started taking meds and going to therapy and now I understand why that thinking was inappropriate, even though true and somewhat thoughtful.

Dude liked his teavana. :colbert:

is it the thinking that is inappropriate or saying it that is?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
You can carry guns in national parks IAW local/state law. Any facilities in the park where guns aren't allowed have to be clearly marked.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Obama Africanus posted:

What I don't think most people realize is that Frank is a loving monster of a dog. I kinda feel he's more than enough security (not that we honestly need much) for the trail, dude. Frank likes me and he still gives me pause when his giant rear end starts moving fast or for your door haha.

Speaking of, we're at the vet getting checked up and vaccinated. Apparently he's a shy pisser.

I'm expecting him to clock in around 70-75 pounds. Big bastard.

E: 74.6 pounds. That's a little big for a border collie. Got the lyme disease vaccination and he has a booster in 3 weeks.

I have never had a dog that doesn't mind the vet. The gently caress Frank.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 6, 2015

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

My Border Collie Jixx is a little on the scrawny side at 49ish lbs. She's awesome though. Border Collies are loving awesome. Is Frank long or short hair?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Where are you guys starting? Going all the way?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ whole way, springer mountain, georgia.

long hair, like golden retriever long. he has never had a trim, just gets hooked out every once in a while (it's been a few weeks, he's not shedding a drat thing right now), but even the vet said his coat was fine. All around he's in great health.

I think the average for females is between 45-60 pounds and males are 55-70 pounds, but larger isn't rare. Frank is not going to be jumping off my back for a frisbee any time soon, but he's definitely the biggest border I've seen. Girlfriend's got a friend somewhere downtown that has one pushing 90 pounds, probably a good 2 inches taller at the shoulder and 6 inches longer tip to tail, and I think she said it's just over 2 years old. Frank's 18 months-ish.

I kinda hope he shoots out to saint bernard size but I know he's not going to, his growth may get him a little taller or longer, but he's pretty much full size now.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

long hair, like golden retriever long. he has never had a trim, just gets hooked out every once in a while (it's been a few weeks, he's not shedding a drat thing right now), but even the vet said his coat was fine. All around he's in great health.

I think the average for females is between 45-60 pounds and males are 55-70 pounds, but larger isn't rare. Frank is not going to be jumping off my back for a frisbee any time soon, but he's definitely the biggest border I've seen. Girlfriend's got a friend somewhere downtown that has one pushing 90 pounds, probably a good 2 inches taller at the shoulder and 6 inches longer tip to tail, and I think she said it's just over 2 years old. Frank's 18 months-ish.

I kinda hope he shoots out to saint bernard size but I know he's not going to, his growth may get him a little taller or longer, but he's pretty much full size now.

Fascinating

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank the tank back in november

girlfriend's pitbull at christmas

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Script refill comes in the mail today inside one of those "Sorry we broke your package open" bags from the USPS. Multiple bottles crushed and a month of medication bottles just missing. At least I see the doc today.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Script refill comes in the mail today inside one of those "Sorry we broke your package open" bags from the USPS. Multiple bottles crushed and a month of medication bottles just missing. At least I see the doc today.

If you haven't already gone to the post office to file a complaint, you should. That's hosed.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
of course a chick on tinder adds me on fb and I find out why she never smiles in her photos...her teeth are all fuckin' green

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
Goddamn VA screwed up my meds. Again. Not sure what the gently caress they sent me, but it sure as gently caress wasn't prazosin hcl.

Sent me into a 2 month sadbrains/madbrains sine-wave episode full of weird thoughts and poo poo. Cue the VA changing up my medications and poo poo trying to figure out what it was, including a new doctor that has decided that anyone under 60 who needs narcotic painkillers is just an addict who's selling the pills so gently caress you, no painkiller for you, and you shouldn't smoke pot because it's illegal by federal law and your green card doesn't count and she's tired of all these WoT guys and Desert Storm guys clogging up her schedule with their complaints, and all kind of poo poo, including going to the Portland VA where the doctor was a complete oval office who dislocated my shoulder and then tried to blame me for it, all the whole time I'm taking the wrong meds because some hung-over clock punching fucktard in the pharmacy couldn't bother making sure I got the right loving meds so I had a bad case of sadbrains.

Thankfully, right before Christmas, my tech has me bring in ALL my loving pill bottles, is looking at them, and says: "This poo poo ain't the right pills." Cancels all my prescriptions, gets me new ones he walks up to the pharmacy with me to get, then tells me to go home, smoke up, and hide in my room for a day or two till I get used to the new meds.

Spend 3 days throwing up, dizzy, and feeling like I'm drunk without the good parts.

Now my head's clear, and I don't feel like mowing the lawn at 2AM on my riding lawnmower is a good idea.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

50 Foot Ant posted:

Goddamn VA screwed up my meds. Again. Not sure what the gently caress they sent me, but it sure as gently caress wasn't prazosin hcl.

Sent me into a 2 month sadbrains/madbrains sine-wave episode full of weird thoughts and poo poo. Cue the VA changing up my medications and poo poo trying to figure out what it was, including a new doctor that has decided that anyone under 60 who needs narcotic painkillers is just an addict who's selling the pills so gently caress you, no painkiller for you, and you shouldn't smoke pot because it's illegal by federal law and your green card doesn't count and she's tired of all these WoT guys and Desert Storm guys clogging up her schedule with their complaints, and all kind of poo poo, including going to the Portland VA where the doctor was a complete oval office who dislocated my shoulder and then tried to blame me for it, all the whole time I'm taking the wrong meds because some hung-over clock punching fucktard in the pharmacy couldn't bother making sure I got the right loving meds so I had a bad case of sadbrains.

Thankfully, right before Christmas, my tech has me bring in ALL my loving pill bottles, is looking at them, and says: "This poo poo ain't the right pills." Cancels all my prescriptions, gets me new ones he walks up to the pharmacy with me to get, then tells me to go home, smoke up, and hide in my room for a day or two till I get used to the new meds.

Spend 3 days throwing up, dizzy, and feeling like I'm drunk without the good parts.

Now my head's clear, and I don't feel like mowing the lawn at 2AM on my riding lawnmower is a good idea.

lesson learned for the day: stay the gently caress away from the VA healthcare system until i have no other options.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

tuluk posted:

I have no other options.

:smith:

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Just did a follow up appointment at the VA the other week. Had to see a neurologist, but instead of making me drive 250 miles to the VA hospital, I only had to go 70 miles to a VA clinic so I could Skype with the doctor. He had never even heard of my condition so he googled it before my appointment and was making treatment suggestions based on what he read on the internet, but since he wasn't able to do a physical exam he wanted me to make an appointment to come back to the clinic two days later to see my nurse PCM. They ended up giving me some new prescription that is used for epilepsy (which is not even remotely like what I have) and side effects include suicidal/homicidal thoughts and actions. I suppose clearing my sinuses with a 45 is one way to treat my condition doc, thanks.

Tomorrow morning gotta leave by 6am to go 300 and some miles for my C&P exam on the other side of the state. Still better than when they scheduled it on the wrong side of the country 3 months ago, but kinda feels a little like bullshit. When I was at Ft Gordon in Georgia and did my first round of C&P exams a few years ago there was a VA clinic and a VA hospital right there in town, but instead the VA paid for me to go to a contracted doctor for the exam. Now when there aren't any VA facilities remotely nearby I absolutely have to go to a VA hospital to get it done and to top it off at least one of my C&P appointments there is just another skype appointment with a doctor.

Why does the VA hate veterans so much? Just give us our drat money and Choice cards and gently caress off.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Delizin posted:

Why does the VA hate veterans so much? Just give us our drat money and Choice cards and gently caress off.

Those who were never in the military hate that they have to do things for vets.

Those who are vets hate vets who got busted up or actually did anything.

Vietnam Vets think that everyone after them had it easy and the world should suck their dicks. They feel like they could have beaten Iraq and Afghanistan in 90 days and the young guys are incompentant and don't deserve care.

Cold War/Desert Storm Vets hate everyone because the Vietnam guys have treated them like poo poo for 20 years and feel like everyone bends over backwards for the WoT guys by cancelling their appointments and telling them that they never saw a real war.

WoT guys hate everyone else for acting like they couldn't do poo poo right. They hate the Desert Storm guys because of loud mouths bragging about 90 hour war. They hate the entitlement of the Vietnam guys.

Everyone hates the civilians, who feel like the troops are liars, whiners, and drug addicts.

The doctors are mad because they are expected to work.

Taxpayers think vets are welfare queens.

That solve it for you?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
my psychiatrist thinks I should quit smoking weed

I think she should take me off this useless buspirone

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

50 Foot Ant posted:

Those who were never in the military hate that they have to do things for vets.

Those who are vets hate vets who got busted up or actually did anything.

Vietnam Vets think that everyone after them had it easy and the world should suck their dicks. They feel like they could have beaten Iraq and Afghanistan in 90 days and the young guys are incompentant and don't deserve care.

Cold War/Desert Storm Vets hate everyone because the Vietnam guys have treated them like poo poo for 20 years and feel like everyone bends over backwards for the WoT guys by cancelling their appointments and telling them that they never saw a real war.

WoT guys hate everyone else for acting like they couldn't do poo poo right. They hate the Desert Storm guys because of loud mouths bragging about 90 hour war. They hate the entitlement of the Vietnam guys.

Everyone hates the civilians, who feel like the troops are liars, whiners, and drug addicts.

The doctors are mad because they are expected to work.

Taxpayers think vets are welfare queens.

That solve it for you?

Everyone you described is accurate, and they are all being 100% sincere, honest, AND true. Even the docs and the malingering types. (PS IT WAS THE VIETNAM VETS AND 80's & 90's CONGRESS THAT LED TO ALL THE ANTI MALINGERING AND THUS ANTI VET VA LAWS AND REGS)

gently caress. All. Of. You. And. This. Gay. Universe. Suck. My. Dick. From. The. Back. Space. Faggots.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

my psychiatrist thinks I should quit smoking weed

I think she should take me off this useless buspirone

I haven't smoked in days... My lungs feel great. Just go for edibles bruh. Brownies rock. Brownies with THC are even better. ;)

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Obama Africanus posted:

Everyone you described is accurate, and they are all being 100% sincere, honest, AND true. Even the docs and the malingering types. (PS IT WAS THE VIETNAM VETS AND 80's & 90's CONGRESS THAT LED TO ALL THE ANTI MALINGERING AND THUS ANTI VET VA LAWS AND REGS)

gently caress. All. Of. You. And. This. Gay. Universe. Suck. My. Dick. From. The. Back. Space. Faggots.

The best part was was when they did an audit and found like THIRTY loving THOUSAND guys getting 100% ratings had NEVER EVEN BEEN IN THE MILITARY, and almost 100,000 never actually were in Vietnam but were like National Guard or Reservists, and were drawing 100%.

When the VA tried to clean it up, the Vietnam Vet organizations all moved in lockstep screaming "U JUST ERASING OUR WAR!"

And so almost 150K motherfuckers are pulling 100% and not even losing the rating or doing jail time.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

50 Foot Ant posted:

The best part was was when they did an audit and found like THIRTY loving THOUSAND guys getting 100% ratings had NEVER EVEN BEEN IN THE MILITARY, and almost 100,000 never actually were in Vietnam but were like National Guard or Reservists, and were drawing 100%.

When the VA tried to clean it up, the Vietnam Vet organizations all moved in lockstep screaming "U JUST ERASING OUR WAR!"

And so almost 150K motherfuckers are pulling 100% and not even losing the rating or doing jail time.

:ssh::420::ssh:
First the VA went for the chink crushers, and I said nothing.
When they set upon the dink destroyers more questionable ratings my voice was still silent.
If they come for the masters of mud massacres who will speak for me, as I was silent all these years?
:ssh::420::ssh:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i swear that 50% of what helps me get through each and every day is that you guys here are angry so I don't have to be.

thank you for your service.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have a real doctor now it's pretty sweet. Next time I deal with the VA it'll be to defend the 8+ years of psychological and physical damage that they'll claim isn't a thing anymore. Can't wait for that one.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

i swear that 50% of what helps me get through each and every day is that you guys here are angry so I don't have to be.

thank you for your service.

anger is my anti-drug

but my anti-drug is fueled by caffeine and nicotine

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

50 Foot Ant posted:

How? How can anyone draw 100% without legit justification? I can rationalize scamming your way to 20 or 30% but 100%?

How?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
probably started as a lark and once you commit the crime you might as well go for the gold

and then they got away with it

daily show did a bit last year about a guy that never served, injured a toe or something in an academy, then finagled his way into a 10% rating years later to take advantage of specific government contracts that give priority to veteran-owned businesses. that gently caress should have whatever he was getting a rating for, cut off on national television. imagine if c-span just randomly threw in poo poo like that, their ratings would skyrocket.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jan 8, 2015

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

holocaust bloopers posted:

How? How can anyone draw 100% without legit justification? I can rationalize scamming your way to 20 or 30% but 100%?

How?

A bro of mine worked claims for the VA a few years back and he told me about a dude that had surgery on his sack while he was in the army and ended up with a small (centimeter or two) scar on his bag. He claimed that this scar, not the surgery, had completely destroyed his confidence and that he was severely depressed as a result and could no longer function normally. Motherfucker got 100%.

I've also met several guys that have lied about having PTSD and received ratings of 70%+ just based saying the right things and claiming the right symptoms (having a CIB/CAB makes this way easy). Haven't heard any bogus 100s for PTSD firsthand, but I'm sure they're out there.

edit: as for the people that never served and got ratings, it's probably a combination of lovely VA people not doing their jobs properly and turds showing up with fake paperwork or other people's information.

daily show did a bit last year about a guy that never served, injured a toe or something in an academy, then finagled his way into a 10% rating years later to take advantage of specific government contracts that give priority to veteran-owned businesses. that gently caress should have whatever he was getting a rating for, cut off on national television. imagine if c-span just randomly threw in poo poo like that, their ratings would skyrocket.

I remember that dude, he broke his foot while at West Point's prep school and spun that into disabled vet status. He didn't even go on to West Point, but went to a civilian school and played foosball. hahahahaha, apparently the same dude murdered his wife recently:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Trial-Dates-Set-for-Braulio-Castillo-Ashburn-CEO-Accused-of-Killing-Estranged-Wife-269893981.html

RichieHimself fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 8, 2015

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
When I was going through my med board, the amount of turds that came out of the wood work to tell me how to get at least 70% for PTSD was loving astounding.

What to say, what to do, who to talk to to get a different doctor if they don't believe you.

It nearly came to blows between me and this poo poo bag in the office one day because he told me that I was a worthless loving idiot for not claiming bogus PTSD.

rear end in a top hat.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

probably started as a lark and once you commit the crime you might as well go for the gold

and then they got away with it

Didn't that dude get epically reamed out by Tammy Duckworth?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yea that he did.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I would rather see a hundred lying losers get inflated ratings they don't deserve rather than one legit case of 100% go unrewarded. We can loving afford it.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Same, but I'm still pissed when I hear about all the fobbits from my old brigade who have 100%, and I'm still battling the loving VA to get all the poo poo that's wrong with me rated.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Mike-o posted:

Same, but I'm still pissed when I hear about all the fobbits from my old brigade who have 100%, and I'm still battling the loving VA to get all the poo poo that's wrong with me rated.

I hosed up my shoulder in Iraq but because I never loving went to the clinic, the VA is saying that my shoulder injury isn't connected to my service.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
I feel weird that I have a 0% rating but then I remember I was a noble aircrew human being and then it's all good :)

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Helldump Immunity. posted:

I feel weird that I have a 0% rating but then I remember I was a noble aircrew human being and then it's all good :)

Eh more importantly when your 0% poo poo starts acting up, you're covered. 4th dimension bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Some things are just as good the first time as they are every time after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr1kwC0je1Y

• Locked thread