Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'd like to play an RPG that isn't D&D 3rd ed. It's the only game we've played more than one session of since 2001 when I got into the tabletop hobby and I'm goddamn sick of it. I have like a dozen different games that have never been played because none of my friends are ever willing to give them a try :( I don't even care if it's pbp or face to face I just want to try something new. Preferably not a fantasy setting but I'll take anything at this point.

I try to lurk the pbp section but anything that sounds neat fills up before I notice it's recruiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

thespaceinvader posted:

I did it last year. Rehearse your speech well, avoid drinking too much, have a friend or family member on hand who you trust to help you do both of those things. You'll be fine.

Congratulations!

Also listen to your best man when he tells you with plenty of advance warning that Men's Wearhouse got one of the tux colors wrong. That way it isn't an hour before the wedding and you start freaking out.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'll add getting back to my board game idea. I have the basic mechanics, win conditions, and a rough idea for how the map should work but still need to actually make the map, create cards for various challenges and items, and assign arbitrary numbers to them.

Then play testing. Lots of play testing.

• Locked thread