Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
My New Year's Resolution:

1. Complete Arcana High

2. Run/play in a more diverse set of games. 13th Age, Deadlands Reloaded, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Dungeon World, Eclipse Phase, Mouse Guard, and Spears of the Dawn at the very least.

3. Start reading more good fantasy books. The ones I had in mind are Game of Thrones, Wizard of Earthsea, Lord of the Rings, and Perdido Street Station. Also, catch up on some good shows on Hulu.

Yeah, that's it, but I want to keep my resolutions simpler than last year's.

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

P.d0t posted:

So uhhh, hey let's all play some Dungeon World together, I guess..?

My resolution is basically to play some poo poo that is not D&D. Yes, I'm that guy.

I'd be up for it on Roll20, but I'd rather be a player than a GM due to the fact that I've been reading the core book on and off. That, and LaTorra advises GMs to read the thing in its entirety.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

So yesterday I GMed a session of Deadlands Reloaded. We all had fun, but quickly discovered that the ability to for dice to explode at low values (25% for 1d4 vs. 10% for 1d10) meant that we got a few unearthly results. Our Martial artist got an 18 on Stealth despite having a d6 in it, and our gunslinger dealt 14 damage after scoring a raise on his shooting roll and heavily wounded the first vicious monster we encountered.

The rules felt rather fiddly, and we all have some reserves about the system. But we plan on having another session next week.

So the RPGs I have left are 13th Age, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Dungeon World, Eclipse Phase, Mouse Guard, and Spears of the Dawn.

• Locked thread