Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Although I said in the old thread that I should do the exact same resolutions this year, since I'm posting here anyway I'll be daring and set myself some new ones.

1. Sell more copies of my book. I have managed to sell double digits to date, I'd like that to get into triple. So let's say my goal is 100 more copies sold. Tell your friends!
2. Publish two more books, minimum. I have one almost finished, so I'm basically 50% there already! Well, 40%. More than 0% at any rate.
3. Vary my portfolio with some trad games stuff. Books are fun, but I still have a big love for settings and systems. The former more than the latter these days. I want something like a big, meaty splatbook up there for people to peruse and enjoy. With art, maybe.
4. Last year my weight made a mockery of me by refusing to budge below 100kg. I am by no means a rotund fellow, I have a lot of height to go with that weight, but I want to be slim, trim, and eventually able to arm-wrestle any other author out there. Sure, I could probably take a few of 'em as I am now, but have you seen the pythons on China Miéville? I gotta start hitting the gym or something. Dude would destroy me.
5. Be more inclusive in my work. Sure, I avoid the generic white dude protagonist in my work. But I have yet to write a trans protagonist, for instance. That needs to change, although with my current track record of writing pace, it might not be this year. Gonna try, though.
6. Run a Goddamn PbP game here on the forums. I've been away too long.

I may edit this later to add in another resolution or two, if I think of any before the cut-off date (whenever that is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I can deal with being a little hungrier on occasion if it means I can look at myself in the mirror and think "Goddamn I've got some sweet abs."

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Fuego Fish posted:

1. Sell more copies of my book. I have managed to sell double digits to date, I'd like that to get into triple. So let's say my goal is 100 more copies sold. Tell your friends!

Not even close :(

Fuego Fish posted:

2. Publish two more books, minimum. I have one almost finished, so I'm basically 50% there already! Well, 40%. More than 0% at any rate.

Managed halfway, but circumstances sorta screwed me over on this. Still, next year.

Fuego Fish posted:

3. Vary my portfolio with some trad games stuff. Books are fun, but I still have a big love for settings and systems. The former more than the latter these days. I want something like a big, meaty splatbook up there for people to peruse and enjoy. With art, maybe.

Haha nope.

Fuego Fish posted:

4. Last year my weight made a mockery of me by refusing to budge below 100kg. I am by no means a rotund fellow, I have a lot of height to go with that weight, but I want to be slim, trim, and eventually able to arm-wrestle any other author out there. Sure, I could probably take a few of 'em as I am now, but have you seen the pythons on China Miéville? I gotta start hitting the gym or something. Dude would destroy me.

I've lost more than 1kg per month over the past year, on average, so I'd say I'm doing pretty good so far.

Fuego Fish posted:

5. Be more inclusive in my work. Sure, I avoid the generic white dude protagonist in my work. But I have yet to write a trans protagonist, for instance. That needs to change, although with my current track record of writing pace, it might not be this year. Gonna try, though.

Planned but not published, so... halfway?

Fuego Fish posted:

6. Run a Goddamn PbP game here on the forums. I've been away too long.

I did this! It crashed out early, but I managed it.

All in all, I didn't do as bad as I thought.

• Locked thread