Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Traditional Games Oriented
  • I'd like to own Hero Quest and Nightmare: The Video Board game again.
  • I want to run or at least take part in a Dinner Party Murder Mystery Game.
  • I'd like to run a campaign in The One Ring
  • have had a game idea in my mind for quite some time based on the video game Monster Hunter. I would like to finish it or at least get a print and play kit ready for playtesting.
  • Finally get in contact with Mayfair Games about my dissertation even though it isn't specifically games oriented
  • Go to Gencon
  • Paint up Super Dungeon Explore
  • Make a character for every RPG I own and chronicle the experience
  • Go to a bunch of Netrunner Tournaments
Non-Games Oriented
  • Finally get my adviser to plan things instead of running around screaming
  • Finish my proposal and primary investigation of my dissertation
  • Outline a book idea i've had for a little while
  • Publish 3-5 journal articles.
  • Present at at least 4 conferences.
  • Run the Rocky Balboa Run.
I think everything on this list is more than doable though not without some blood, sweat, and tears. My PhD is so close and I am already so tired but every time I push myself it has been ultra rewarding. To run a game on top of all the pressures of my program would mostly be to see just how far I can push myself. Thus far, I have found that I can push myself quite a bit though my quality suffers horribly.

PuttyKnife fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Well, at least the username matched how I felt about them after I read that post.

• Locked thread