Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Marines embark for the assault on Peleliu Island, 1944

Motherfucker's stache game is on point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Bob A Feet posted:

Lol if you think a fly over is wasting money. If they weren't flying there they'd be somewhere else doing the same thing

lol shut the gently caress up

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

Are those guys Hezbollah?

https://archive.moe/k/thread/24286988/#q24286988

That one is, supposedly.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Ayatollah Khomeini and a bunch of rear end in a top hat students who should be in black sites getting their balls tasered.

We're willing to support their kinks, even if their own govt puts them to death for it.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Didn't JFK swim a couple miles from a burning wreck of a PT boat while dragging some dude by his lifejacket straps?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

ded posted:

Duckworth/Biden 2016

Diamond Joe just needs to be our VP for the rest of his natural life, until we can augment it mechanically and make him immortal.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

please do not make diamond joe the undying emperor of man

You shut your loving trap, heretic.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Richard Bong posted:

So was the jamming just kind of ignored because most people are using bolt action so "It fires faster than that rifle even if you count the jamming :downs:" or what? I dont get how they kept those guns in service.

Well, they weren't in service for very long, they were replaced by BARs shortly before the war ended. It was kind of one of those situations where a lovely MG was better than no MG.

Thump! fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 8, 2015

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

I've got this strange feeling that the founding fathers would've beat the image maker's rear end. Civilian control of the military and a lack of peacetime standing armies was a pretty big deal to them.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

JSARSOM posted:

Well the founding fathers were mostly also racist pieces of poo poo and a bunch of other stuff, so gently caress them.

:911:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Zeris posted:

I don't like any of that and want to nuke Japan again

I dunno, I'm of the opinion that dropping nukes on them is what got us animus in the first place.

I think a genocide is more in order, you don't see Jews, Native Americans, or Armenians putting out any of this sort of poo poo.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Would.

Would.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

This will always be the funniest picture from that series

poo poo. Would.

Booblord Zagats posted:

He's all "Sorry bout that, dawg *wink*"

EDIT:

I keep reading my AV text when i see this

gently caress! Would.

Goddamnit.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

not caring here posted:

Oh gently caress that noise. Head space and timing can suck my dick.

You treat Mr. Browning there with a little respect and he just might.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Daktari posted:

I remember watching the TV together with my dad when this chapper said some words:
We both knew he was full of poo poo, and we had some laughs about it.

And so we went to war :cripes:

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Aim the troublemakers toward the sun.

He said shoot everyone in different directions. That'd put every human being in the same spot!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Okay would it be cheaper to just shoot everyone then? Because that's probably far more efficient honestly.

Until we figure out who the last man is at the end of humanity who has to off himself to ensure all the baddies are gone.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

bulletsponge13 posted:

Would.

QFT

9th Company was awesome, the ending was seriously one of the best war movie endings of all time- no, strike that: it's overall one of the best war movies ever made. I know it was all motarded, but when relief finally lands and the lone survivor salutes and says they held, it gave me a loving cold chill. If any of you haven't watched it, you should. It's still on Netflix streaming, I think.

Hell yes it is. I still feel bad for homie with his bent barrel PKM

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Dingleberry posted:

In I-talian the SS stands for "scusami, scusami"...

At a quick glance I thought that said Absolutely Hella Legion, which I would like to sign up for right now.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

The Coast Guard isn't the military. It is the armed forces.

I think you meant Uniformed Services. NOAA is one of the non militant US, along with 1 or 2 other organizations I can't be assed to remember.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

took me a second

:vince:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

I don't get this one. Is the magazine not fully seated?

His Holosight is on backwards.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

killmeimmafailure posted:

Then why we still got oxymoronic policies? Smarter not harder right?

Another example of human Intel vs throw money at a problem:

Again, I love America, but isn't that why the mig was so effective? It was purposely designed to be counter-intuitive so that the pilot would struggle to learn how to fly it. As a consequence, they could land them shits anywhere partially because the pilot was so comfortable with the mechanics of flight.

Conversely, when you're riding on a 2billion dollar, designed by committee, "lemon" when you encounter a computer error it's extremely hard to fix and continue flying. I know how computers work, but if some rear end in a top hat decides to burn my sdd I'm sol. Again, I'm a dinosaur and, obviously I haven't got to look at the flight systems (and the redundancy therin) but I sure as poo poo couldn't perform heart surgery on nano chips (or whatever the gently caress) in a hibob.

Again, looking at the historical parallels, the Germans had top of the line tanks, but were ultimately ineffective against both a) late soviet counter productions and b) the sheer amount of cheaper, more expendable American tanks

It's a question of efficiency, and the problem is Inefficiency comes at the cost of lives

Never has a username been so accurate.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Pictured: A Brazilian active duty tank tank until the mid 90s

You sure that's not based off the M3 Stuart? The hull looks a bit small for it to be from an M4.

killmeimmafailure posted:

Oh I'm not military. I just have lots of friends and family who are/were. I'm disillusioned by college and I'm reading up on a bunch of poo poo so I don't get inappropriately touched if or when I sign up

I wanted to do the peace corp, but I'm thinking about trying to be a linguist or something

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Get your degree and then enlist in the Marines. That is definitely the best method for you to make something of yourself.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

gfanikf posted:

It's always funny how no one gave a poo poo about what the Italians would do post WWII.

Considering their performance in the war, that shouldn't really be a shocker though.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Do US tankers get those little flags in case of emergency?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S93ebaJXtXU

Looks similar to a gunnery range flag. Usually we'd have a red, yellow and green flag to signify if the weapons were down, loading or ready.

Granted, I was on AAVs, so tanks may have done it differently.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Zeris posted:

Both of you suck each other's dicks from the back at the same time

Don't stop I'm almost there (because I would never ride a Russian tank obv.)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Rough Lobster posted:

I knew a guy who was in Tops in Blue. He was a huge shithead, everyone hated him and no-one cared about his Tops in Blue stories. No one had any idea of what he did because listening to more than five seconds of his insipid voice was like taking a thumbtack to the eardrum.

The only time I've been to a TIB thing was when I literally had no choice. They were at Lackland while I was at Basic. It wasn't a bad show when you consider the alternative was sitting back in the dorms reading that loving manual. Everyone was waving their stupid lightsaber flashlights like they were lighters. Some of the more shameless of my flight openly wept at the majesty of the performance. It was pretty loving embarrassing.

Good god the Air Force is loving dumb.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Chinatown posted:

this loving owns i dont understand the outrage

ARE FREEDUMS :arghfist::911: or some dumb poo poo.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Anita Dickinme posted:

Are any of them alive today?

Getting tortured in a dungeon is still technically considered alive I guess.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Yeah, they can do that but it really isn't fun to go from the back of the vehicle compartment to the front of it at said 40 mph.

Also lol at the seatbelts they always had in our vehicles that were never once loving used.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Daktari posted:

When you're hitching a ride in an ATV (cv-90) fully geared up, it's not close to possible finding that belt. I wish it was, because I don't trust tankers.

Slamming that back door close, whilst I was fiddling with the mic cable stuck in the door opening. At least I got away with 10 fingers.

It's a similar situation in amtracs generally. When you stuff 20 dudes in the back though, the bodies smashed together acts as its own crash protection :haw:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

not caring here posted:

Well, I was gonna try and say something clever, but there's tiny infantry dick flapping in the breeze and it's been posted across the world.

https://www.facebook.com/usawtfm/posts/10153443508758606

The best comment on that picture:
:nws::nws:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Lol, this is GiP, gay is the status quo.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Why worry about Opsec anyways? Obammer has already sold all of our Gokus to the Chinese anyways :rolleyes:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

:dogbutton:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

foozwak posted:

Something about that looked seriously off, and yep:

lol dumbass pilot deserves to have his face eaten. Why the gently caress would you fly within jumping distance of a literal tower of zombies anyways?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Analogical posted:

Disgusting. There's no place for language like this in the New Military. Not even a clause to ensure she's sober. good riddance imo

Yeah, it really should have a gender neutral pronoun on it instead of girl.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

vitamin the d posted:

I don't think this really sends the message they wanted it to.

Peters really loving hates that guy from the looks of things.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Kavak posted:

That explains how they got anywhere in that rebellion.

Okay, serious question, what was the last time a native Arab leader waged a big successful war? Because it looks like they've been choking since they fought Charlemagne.

Saddam invaded Kuwait pretty successfully :shrug:

I mean, that was successful to a point, y'know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

lol that loving hatch bouncing

• Locked thread