Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Equine Don posted:

These cost $300 :psyduck:
One of my cousins got Cabelas hunting action figures for Christmas one year. That almost seems worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This one time when I was TDY I got co-opted into helping clean guns (M4s and M9s). They decided to use one of those ultrasonic cleaners which seemed to just make poo poo worse. Was the fluid just old or is it easy to gently caress up the settings? I've been wondering what the hell happened for years.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Ultrasonic cleaning is a two step process that most units focus on part one of: get poo poo off of it.

Unfortunately, this step also removes any "not metal" from the metal, including old lube buried deep in the pores of the metal.

You need to ultrasonically lube it to get oil back down in those pores. Most units don't do this. They wipe it with oil, and the part will not properly absorb all of it, so it'll be MORE vulnerable to poo poo sticking to it.

But the military focuses on the dumbest poo poo on getting a gun running, mainly keeping them looking pretty, by scouring off minor poo poo with horrifyingly caustic and abrasive materials, slowly loving up the tolerances of the weapon.
It almost seemed like it had a film on it after the bath. It turned what would have been maybe 45 minutes of work into 2.5 hours.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

There's no such thing as blueing private, take a wire brush and get the weapon clean.
Back when my dad was in he stopped out at a missile site for some reason and during conversation mentioned that one of the security policemen should clean his M16. Next time he was out there the guy comes over all proud to show him the cleaning job he did. He'd run it through an industrial dishwasher and wore almost all the bluing off.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Koesj posted:

Nahh, wrong part of Georgia to blow up and markedly improve the state.
All of it? :laugh: Maybe just Stone Mountain.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Yeah, the reason being that a lot of people are total pussies.
I believe that was the terminology Bud Holland liked to use as well.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Deathy McDeath posted:

Super weird not hearing a bunch of takbirs IMO
They shout it a couples of times after blowing up the second truck but that's about it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

When I used to work at a bombing range they had a stun gun stashed in the base of the tower for whatever reason. Of course this was the same installation where guys kept personal firearms unlocked in their offices.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

It's a weird thing with some Americans that have limited knowledge of Jordan. They like to hype up the Royals military service like it's some super street cred, all without really having any idea what the gently caress they're talking about or that a lot of their accomplishments are amped up to make them look more tougher or whatever to their populace.

A girl I knew wouldn't shut up about how the crown prince went through airborne school or some poo poo and how that was amazing. I laughed and said it really wasn't that big of a deal to go through airborne school.

It's almost similar to how people like to slobber all over how manly Putin is.
He only watches the most manly of animes.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

bitcoin bastard posted:

I just noticed the simulated strip club in the background. This isn't for overseas, its FEMA training. :tinfoil:
We had "Meth Lab, No Smoking" painted on one of our fake conex buildings.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

bitcoin bastard posted:

That GIF would have been better if he had jumped down and cracked that guy over the back of the head with the Hostage Negotiation Whip. And then a BTR shows up and sprays everyone with autocannon fire.
Don't be silly the best way to resolve a hostage situation is with flamethrowers, didn't you learn anything from Beslan?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Poor Youtube commenters, they think this is more embarrassing than most of the poo poo that happened during the Bush years, or the last six years of them whining.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

is there a story about that incident?
Suposedly it's actually a Kazakh Spetnaz training exercise.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Speaking of guns I'd like to shoot you right now for getting this poo poo stuck in my head again.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Blackchamber posted:

Not my rack*

*Totally was my rack.
One of the guys I work with tells a story about having a third roommate in tech school because no one else could really stand the guy. Basically he was a little strange but that probably had something to do with no one bothering to work with him for many years. So he claims this guy had a Pokemon bedspread, and his other roommate decided to take a Sharpee and draw a gigantic cock on Pikachu the day he graduated. To this point the guy had been very careful not to swear, but just started screaming all kinds of vulgar poo poo when he found it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's a couple of helicopter pilot schools up at the airport. One of them is through the community college, the other is a private one I think. Just about every time I see them practicing auto-rotation I think I'm going to see horrendous crash. Hasn't happened yet though.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Welcome to the AIDS club.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If you attempt to teach history in an even handed way you're threatening American exceptionalism, and we can't have that. Good luck staying on top when you can't admit that mistakes have been made, and continue longing for a mythical past because you're a retard who can't handle subtlety .

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm really surprised Iranian proxies haven't gotten around to destroying the thing sometime in the last decade.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mike-o posted:

I was born too early. Getting my arms and legs blown off in Iraq would have just meant I get awesome robo-limbs.
Don't jump on the cybernetic bandwagon too early. Imagine you're fingering some girl with your cybernetic fingers when all the sudden you twitch wrong, next thing you know you've gone all Of Mice and Men on her, and turned her into a bloody rag doll. I just saved you from a murder charge.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If I were a millionaire I'd buy a Hind.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Anyone who likes Rage Against the Machine past the age of 13 is a loving moron. Sorry Slippery.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

gently caress u pussy lips
Like uh, some of the police uh, might also be like uh, klan members too, uh *ANGRY MUSIC*

Were they on your mixtape right after Limp Bizkit?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Rough Lobster posted:

I've known adults who for whatever reason had a hard time taming a full-sized 9mm pistol. What fuckhead would put any kid let alone his own in that position? Age 13 with a single shot .22 rifle is probably the youngest I'd take someone shooting.
I think you could let a pretty little kid shoot a semi-auto .22 so long as you don't let them do it unsupervised. We left the range early one time when I was a middle schooler because some country bumpkins showed up and had their 9ish year old daughter blasting away with a revolver that was way too big for her.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 10, 2015

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

now post a good airplane :D
:haw:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

When I was 15 I had a novelty M*A*S*H 4077 t shirt. Then one day some army medic started screaming at me about it, asking me if I thought I was a medic too. Yeah :jerkbag:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm hoping that's just a Hot Shots: Part Deux reference.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

It'd be cool as a novelty thing, like looking up how some bizarro gun functions with the xray mode or whatever, but beyond that...I can't even comprehend HOW you'd spend 300 hours in that during a lifetime. I can't imagine spending more than about 30 seconds on it at a time.
I've only got 158 hours in Skyrim, so yeah that's pretty bad.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bolow posted:

The Russians liked them because they didn't explode violently if they took a hit and allowed the crew to bail out :shrug:
I was watching this documentary one time that showed some Russian tank. Apparently the automated loading mechanism was really prone to mangling members of the crew.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's a captain who has the dumbest idea, the pfc who looks like a genius in comparison.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If nothing else they probably cooked off in their pants.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

not caring here posted:

If you've got a band on post then it's easier than gently caress for your commander to call up and request them out if they aren't busy.

However, no one could give the slightest gently caress to even make a 2 minute phone call to not make a funeral detail a farcical affair
Last time we had a funeral someone insisted on calling in the honor guard from the closest active duty base. They did the whole fake bugle thing which pissed a lot of people off because there's a guy on base who was going to do it with a real bugle. He owns it specifically for that reason.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tops in Blue might have been worth something in the days before everyone had laptops and quality entertainment at their fingertips. Although I'm sure I could still have found something better to do with myself than go to one of their shows even as far back as Korea.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You should see how much they love this poo poo. Coming back from church balling their little retard eyes out.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Poor stupid veterans thinking the Under Armour thing is the same as being spit on by hippies after coming back from Vietnam.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Baloogan posted:

Anyone mind explaining what this one is about? Washing up early and rushing out your door sounds like something _good_ not something The Jap would want!
Leaving the water running I think.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Is there any sort of plan for a CAS replacement? There's the Super Tucano but that's still mired in legal action and nowhere near as scary as the A-10. That should be in the requirments for CAS platforms: Reall6 loving scary.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Any more minions and he won't be able to see out the back window.

Someone go sneak a :nws: version of this in among his minions.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

is that the baked beans and canned corn guy?
Yes.

• Locked thread