Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Christoff posted:

These posts from the China thread are p. Good

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes no no no no no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
And here I was, thinking someone made an Operation Redwing joke :shrug:

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Nahh, wrong part of Georgia to blow up and markedly improve the state.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

All of it? :laugh: Maybe just Stone Mountain.

I liked it a whole lot better than the rest of your stupid-rear end country at least!

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
That's the infamous downtown baghdad raid, right? It was very poorly planned.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

iyaayas01 posted:

Contrast that with Desert Storm, where the AFCENT planners immediately looked at the results of the raid we're talking about and went "....yeah, maybe we don't send large F-16 packages downtown all by their lonesome anymore, that was a bit of a bad idea." They should've known better in the first place but at least when it blew up in their faces they stopped doing it as opposed to trying it for another week just to see if something would magically change.

That was an AF that had basked in a decade of Reaganbucks and was still very much op for the Big One™ against numbah one top peer opponent. I can only imagine how the current nickel-and-diming troupe would react, especially with institutionalizing the bombing mud people for more than a decade now.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Bookmark newsanna in YouTube and you're done with ever having to search for new Syria gopro tank vids.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Tremblay posted:

Because they don't have a program setup that is solely targeting this use. Thats why one of the proposals a few years back was shut down the enrichment program, and we'll fly you the fuel you need. I can certainly understand why they didn't go for it, don't get me wrong.

Didn't the Gingrich Congress sit on the fuel for inspections deal for so long that the North Koreans said gently caress it?

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
They don't need massive enrichment schemes for mere power plants though. And not only will anything the West/Israel does feed their paranoia, so will the actual wink wink nudge Pakistani warheads & Chinese missiles connection south of them.

If you want an example of a more reasonable nuclear power plants scheme in the ME, look at what the UAE has been doing.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Tremblay posted:

I'm not sure about NK. The proposal was rejected by Iran, which I thought was the topic. I certainly could have gotten my wires crossed.

I meant that past performance by the US on such deals might have set a bad precedent :shrug:

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Also that's not a 'hydrogen bomb' test but a bog-standard Fat Man device exploded in the glorious undersea shot Crossroads Baker in 1946.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
No no no no no no no no no no yes

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
I think that's actually their hazegray, PLAN ships always look super white.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

it's, it's... peak everything

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Who hasn't, these days.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Old person with cane getting insanely brutally owned by a nuclear detonation.

I thought the tbirds.jpg was going for the same thing at first :shobon:

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
FYI I'm pretty sure everyone is going to ignore your posts until you stick to single-sentence, coherent questions and statements. Also maybe pictures ITT?

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Those together wih some tupolevs had the fighterest of wings, right?

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
125mm, and, possibly, no. I think it was already mentioned but penetrator length has been physically limited by the carousel autoloader system on Soviet/Russian tanks. Also, composite armor has alledgedly gotten a lot better since the Cold War ended. New laminates and material combinations, aided by ever better computer design, means that kinetic protection in the frontal areas at least has gotten pretty monstrous.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Those bottom-most notches are the bank scale + pointer, the circle with the upside-down T coming out of it is the velocity/flight path vector, and the constantly adjusting lines and pointer thingy is def some kind of landing/angle of attack related gizmo but I don't recognize it.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Godholio posted:

I'm guessing the Dutch or whoever that is are just less gay.

Edit: I didn't realize those helmets were being exported.

I've seen plenty of official MoD vids with horrible music on that channel, don't know what's changed.

Those helmets have been around for a couple of years now, and IIRC at least the Norwegians and Danes have got them as well.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Welcome to taxi dubai. For anāshīd, press 3.

e: vvv mods ban this sick filth

Koesj fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 11, 2015

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Baker shot for prettiest ever, with the stills from Canopus coming in as a close second.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
O gently caress it's my lovely car

Clever girl though

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
It looks like something out of the Bundesluftwaffe.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Madurai posted:

Silex always looked kind of jury-rigged, and I'm betting that particular round wasn't any younger than 25 years.

Any more than Ikara, Malafon, or ASROC? I don't know anything about ASW missiles except that the fuckers alway sank my subs in Harpoon.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Syncopated posted:

12 to 100 TOWs in a month? MANPADs before the year is over imo. Or is the US too wary of that after Afghanistan? Does Britain have anything to supply the rebels with if the US won't? France? Would anyone do anything if the US doesn't take the lead?

Saudi, Qatar, UAE...

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Does anybody smell almonds? #GETSOMME

Aaaahahahaha

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Correction: it was a fence in the training compound but in theater it turned out to be a wall, leading to the brownout lmao

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
I'm just here for the violence.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

Wasn't the point of the S-Tank to destroy as many Soviet tanks as possible while falling back to a series of prepared positions until it was eventually destroyed? Who cares if the gearbox is hard to maintain when the tank's almost certain future was to eventually be overrun and smashed. So long as the gun could kill Ivan until that point

Paging TheFluff for a better explanation, but a solid no on the 'fighting while falling back point' as their prime reason for existing.

Dudes just made the decision to forego on building a straight-up tank and went for a high speed low drag weird-rear end solution. All was still part of your regular armor playbook in having a mobile, hard-hitting reserve that can do counterattacks.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Not only that, but out of the first nine US supercarriers, eight were conventionally powered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
It's missing the supersonic missile dropping a nuclear depth charge, or would that be too Russian?

e: I can't look gud

Koesj fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 17, 2016

• Locked thread