Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ComradeCosmobot posted:

On the other hand the right wing pundits have been priming their "Democrats are the real Party of No" tag line all last Congress and the Tea Party wing is already pointing to Obama's veto pen as proof. It'll be hard to shake off that label when it's no longer hidden in negative actions (legislative tricks like not taking up bills). When rejection is refocused as a positive action (vetoing bills) it's a lot harder to dodge blame.

SMaLOTUS soon to be SMiLOTUS.

Don't worry the GOP will take 100% credit for low gas prices and good economy though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Gravel Gravy posted:

They could if they piggy back Lock Gays in the Closet with No Social Security for Osama bin Laden.

What about a "find Osama's corpse so we can piss on it" act?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
All wheel drive rocks if you live somewhere that gets winter.

However, Joe Schmuck in Scottsdale driving his F350 Super Duty can politely go idle in his closed garage.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

LorneReams posted:

AWD seems to be a false crutch that gets people killed where I live.

I'm sure they'd manage to kill themselves pushing it in a rear-wheeled Toyota pickup with bald summer tires too.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Remember the CEO from Florida who threatened his employees with layoffs in 2012 if they voted for Obama Obama won and the economy tanked?

He just had his most profitable year on record and actually gave all his employees bonuses...

Yeah but the president is still black.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

"I'd be rootin' for Louie"
                                                                                                                                                       /
                                                                                                                                                     /

I patiently wait the day Sarah Palin completes her transformation into Skeletor.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Ones fanning the Boehner flames here are loud assholes that just want attention.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Guys we really shouldn't be rooting for Team Chaos in our own government.

How will it be different from our current situation? Might as well root for maximum hilarity.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Amergin posted:

Neither I nor the guest on that segment said anything about that. Just because Obama's solution is a steaming pile that doesn't solve anything and is a handout to lobbying groups doesn't mean there should be change.

This is why people find liberals immature - you put words in people's mouths and assume any criticism of Obama's solutions = "We should go back to Bush"/"We shouldn't do anything at all."

Meanwhile criticisms and solutions from the GOP include:

FAaaaaaaaaaaaart.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Shifty Pony posted:

That's not entirely true. They want to allow insurance companies to sell across state lines.

This will reduce premiums by letting insurance degenerate to the equivalent of credit cards that come with the annual fee taking up 90% of the credit limit and pop to 40% penalty APR if you overdraft, and which have a convenient office located in a shed in Orient, SD.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaart followed by needing new underwear.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Amergin what's your opinion on girls asking for it?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

I think single payer will happen eventually but not before The Great Collapse.

Will we finally get stylish shoulder pads?

You can look at the aca this way: it's poo poo but at least you've finally progressed from torrents of poo poo-blood to just poo poo. Keep the fluids high and don't give up!

Islam is the Lite Rock FM fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 6, 2015

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Gounads posted:

The minimum requirements are what I consider the biggest flaw of the ACA. Very high deductible catastrophic plans should still be offered.

But saying you're paying for mammograms is completely disingenuous. For a population X there will be Y mammograms. Y will be less than X/2. So at best, you're paying for half a mammogram. But the same thing happens in reverse for prostate screenings or to a lesser degree heart disease. Don't include pregnancy/birth related costs and it mostly works out even. And if you ask me, women/men should share the pregnancy cost.

"I'm not getting laid so why should I pay for BC?"

Or

"Bitch I buy the condoms."

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
People who bitch about insurance covering what they don't use are just future old people bitching about school levies.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

I don't have kids why should I pay for schools????

That's it you're going in a nursing home.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

That's what the police state is for sir.

I would have gone with "you want the dude measuring out your bp medication to know some basic math and science, right?"

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

420DD Butts posted:

It's sad that the best arguments we could possibly give to old fygm suburban types is to play into their fears and not, you know, basic human understanding and compassion.

gently caress being nice and rational this is America gurd damnit.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

Apparently Ted Cruz met with mega funder Sheldon Anderson at the Capital Grille yesterday. Which isn't so much the news as is the fact that Dick Cheney was also there and may have been involved in setting it up, as Anderson has previously publicly dismissed Cruz and his chances

I thought dark pacts happen in shady basements and tunnels under graveyards.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

computer parts posted:

I don't know what you think that chart's saying but it's not.

It's a good refuting of "those durn kids these days!"

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Save are workers!!! Yeah that'll open up tons of 39hr/WK jobs due to current employees dying of easily curable disease.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

If the Rapture happened I think most Republican politicians would still be around.

"Hey where'd Ron Paul go?!"

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Radish posted:

I'm really curious how far they are going to go now that they've been embolden with another mandate to do whatever they want. I'm assuming effectively making abortions illegal as they've been doing in the certain areas of South but I'm curious what awful stuff I haven't even thought of they are planning. I'm guessing company script will be making a comeback.

Period monitoring will be their stopping point.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Zeitgueist posted:

Hey life begins at fertilization and a bunch of fertilized eggs are discharged during menstruation.

What I'm saying is that we need to implement mass youth gymnastics programs.

"Miss your last menstruation contained a human. You are now being charged with murder."

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Bit more on the dyanmic scoring the new Congressional rules mandate.

It's the same method used to justify voter registration reform!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
The Freedom of Kittens and Anime Act.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Gounads posted:

Rejected Federal funding was just for medicaid, right? Probably doesn't apply.

Plans that used to cost $100 usually had a low lifetime cap, and a lot of people who had those plans had no idea there was a cap.

He could be temporarily embarrassed millionaire to quite some degree.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Today is Richard M. Nixon's 102nd birthday. :toot:

(I assume Kissinger found a way to keep him alive and slowly feed off his remaining life essence.)

Hey thanks, Nixon, for making the EPA.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Oh are we Arzying already?

What a great verb. To arzy.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Quidam Viator posted:

poo poo man, I thought I was getting smeared as an accelerationist because I had the gall to suggest that Jebbles had a chance to win, riding on a wave of right wing assholery! Let's all close our eyes and do a thought experiment: It's 2016, and Jeb is president, and the GOP still controls the House and Senate. Let's sit back and imagine the gentle, compassionate waves of GOP policy, bottled up after eight years of Obama, lapping gently over our faces. And there's Jeb, just signing it all into law, while his dad's oil and defense and finance buddies enjoy an avuncular chuckle, standing right behind him. *SIGH* It's fuckin dreamy.

I'm still pulling for Mittbot 3.0: faster, smugger, whiter.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Curt Schillings is bitching that he didn't get inducted into a group that actively doesn't induct people the first few years they're eligible. He still has the better part of a decade to get in and just might for being an rear end in a top hat white man.

Not like he blew up a bird with a bitchin fast ball or something cool.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

What are you basing that on because I can find exactly one poll where Bush isn't the GOP primary frontrunner. Actually all those other guys are splitting the nutbag vote.

Cruz is particularly polling like poo poo.

How is the takeaway from the last primary cycle that anything but "the moderate guy wins in the end".

He got them from a new dynamic scoring poll system.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Pohl posted:

What an idiot. Look at that image. How hard would it be to remove that hand and replace it with a penis?
Don't these guys ever learn?

A black fist or a fist-shaped dildo would be funny too. Or reaching for butt/boobs.

The dick possibilities are endless!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Nintendo Kid posted:

The same as the hundreds to thousands of other existing pipelines.

Man I hated World 7 as a kid.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Doctor Butts posted:

Pretty much "Save a buck or two, Bitterman!" for oil companies.

A little less strain on resources because less fuel used to transport oil.

Any positive environmental impact gained from less fuel used to transport oil is negated by the increased threat of environmental catastrophe.

Compared to oil truck/train catastrophe?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

FAUXTON posted:

Oil on the ground is much more readily cleaned up than oil leaking out of a buried pipe. Didn't the DoT also mandate adoption of improved tanker cars or did that get shot down by the usual fucks?

Ohhhh right they'd probably be exempt from SPCC-like considerations.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Nintendo Kid posted:

The improved tanker cars aren't a panacea, as well as:

Although a few segments will go through tunnels in mountainous areas if I remember right? But those are pretty far away from any sort of major aquifer.

Oh above ground makes secondary containment easy peasy.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

And we've hit a new low

I'll defer to Paul Waldman of The American Prospect for the scum sucking reality of Huckabee hocking fake cures like this

It's only natural that cash for gold scams gravitate towards snake oil.

Bonus points for it being a cancer we can vaccinate against.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Triple points if there's a cure that's also anti-vaccination!

Triple point of.... Gold?!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

:siren: Ha ha ha, terrific you guys. :siren:

:getin:

Primary season's like Christmas. It's awesome and starts earlier and earlier each year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Bonus quote of the day, "People ask if I really want to be president. I’ve run twice. Yeah, I want to be president." ~ Willard Mitt Romney.

Ann Romney really wants to be first lady too.

• Locked thread