Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Is it not possible to time a siege cannon shot such that is in transit as a fighter triggers the repulsor weapon? Would there then be enough time for the cannon shot to hit the Nomad Moon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
This Mini-Update brought to you by fine purveyors of explosions everywhere.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
This LP Was Also the Prophecy: Let's play Homeworld 2
Getting to the Core of the Setting: Let's play Homeworld 2
Vaygr? I Hardly Knew Her! Let's Play Homeworld 2

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

berryjon posted:

A Frigate has a breach in the Starboard Fusion Chamber! Let's Play Homeworld 2?

Excellent.

Will you be using the new version or the older one?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

berryjon posted:

The command ship is under attack by purple crystals!

Thanks so much for doing this LP, it's been really quite a ride. Strange how so much of the concept art at the end has human figures that are never, ever seen.

macdjord
Oct 26, 2013

Polaron posted:

Man I just love Somtaaw.

"What the hell was that strange energy shockwave from that giant battlestation?!"

"No idea, but our engineers think they can put it on our dreadnought!"

And the upgrade is a small dome.
Why do I see this as the Hiigaran equivalent of fish stories? "Well, my engineer reverse-engineered a new enemy weapon system in five minutes - while they were still firing it at us!"

MJ12 posted:

This mission basically demonstrates just how ludicrous ion fighters can be. berryjon threw a dozen of them at something like six missile destroyers and a carrier, and they managed to easily kill their cost in ships before getting wrecked. Super Acolytes are amazingly powerful and replacing your entire fleet with them is totally the right strategy.
They are still fighters, though. A well-organized formation of vet MBFs will shred them, and even conventional missile cover is effective in numbers. They are wonderful and totally unbalanced, bu they are not the Solution To Everything.

berryjon posted:

I love the silly little fishbone you get when you take the Kuun-Lan and strip off all the modules.

I note you mention how the Nomad Moon has conventional weapons 'too'. I always assumed that the 6 heavy long-ranged, continuous beam, infinite-tracking ion cannons (which, i might point out, seem to be good though inferior copies of the Bentusi primary armaments!) were it's primary weapons, and the repulsor emitters were just a secondary defensive system.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

berryjon posted:

The Prophecy Demands It! BRING THE STARBOARD FUSION CHAMBER TO BEAR!

In some multiplayer maps, Siege Cannoning crystals was an extremely effective weapon.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Travic posted:

Sajuuk Must Be Crazy: Let's play Homeworld 2
I'm liking this one. Maybe make him Batship Insane.

Regarding the hero's journey, reuinion with the father would be the mission where we shame the Bentusi into fixing Kuun-Lan's phallic replacement ornament.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Mar 21, 2015

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Earlier in the thread someone proposed What does god need with a spaceship? for the HW2 LP title.

Must Love Dogs
May 6, 2005

and the sky is filled with light can you see it?

The Sun Never S'jets on Hiigara: Let's Play Homeworld 2

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I'll see your fleet and raise you: Going all in in Homeworld 2

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Must Love Dogs posted:

The Sun Never S'jets on Hiigara: Let's Play Homeworld 2

This is great.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I like the simplicity and hilariousness of Homeworld 2: Frigate Lost

edit: though Sajuuk Must Be Crazy: Let's play Homeworld 2 is also hilarious, though I doubt many will get the reference

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 21, 2015

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The repulsor weapon was a brilliant idea really, any Beast ships try to come near it to infect it? Bam, enjoy your trip to the next star system over. Shame it didn't work, probably because of Cruise Missiles.

Can you play Siege Cannon tennis with the moon? Like, can you cannon it, get the shot bounced off and then repulse it right back with a Dreadnought?

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

Dabir posted:

The repulsor weapon was a brilliant idea really, any Beast ships try to come near it to infect it? Bam, enjoy your trip to the next star system over. Shame it didn't work, probably because of Cruise Missiles.

Can you play Siege Cannon tennis with the moon? Like, can you cannon it, get the shot bounced off and then repulse it right back with a Dreadnought?

Yes, though you will run out of dreadnoughts to pinball the cannon shot off of before the Nomad moon runs out of energy to fire off its repulsor. Siege Pong is mostly hilarious, and thankfully, it won't instafrag your mothership.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

SIGSEGV posted:

Earlier in the thread someone proposed What does god need with a spaceship? for the HW2 LP title.

What Does a Spaceship Need with God?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Sel Nar posted:

Yes, though you will run out of dreadnoughts to pinball the cannon shot off of before the Nomad moon runs out of energy to fire off its repulsor. Siege Pong is mostly hilarious, and thankfully, it won't instafrag your mothership.

It's too bad the MP servers are dead, as I would have loved to set up a PvP match just to show this off between two Somtaaw Players.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

berryjon posted:

I'd reverse the "!" and "?" personally, and add a little more.

"A frigate has a breach in the starboard fusion chamber? We must be playing Homeworld 2!"

But really there are so many appropriate and dumb subtitles for Homeworld 2. You could just make the title a Youtube URL to that "Bring Sajuuk to bear" video and it would still work.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

You could just make the title a Youtube URL to that "Bring Sajuuk to bear" video and it would still work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GLmboCnLQY

:lol:What the gently caress is this?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Dude, no spoilers for the final level. :v:

Kibayasu posted:

"A frigate has a breach in the starboard fusion chamber? We must be playing Homeworld 2!"
I think this does work a bit better for the title.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

berryjon posted:

It's too bad the MP servers are dead, as I would have loved to set up a PvP match just to show this off between two Somtaaw Players.

Doesn't hamachi work?

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012
Ahhh, that mission. I loved it.

Thanks for the amazing LP, Berryjon and we'll see each other... In Homeworld 2.

gently caress those Frigates.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

berryjon posted:

A lot of EMPs and Multi-Beam Frigrates trying to prevent everything from being EMP'd; also the occasional player desperately trying to make the gimmicky poo poo work...and failing. Miserably.

Also, you want a title for Homeworld 2? RELIC!!! Give me back my Salvagers!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Alternately. Why Are My Frigates Made Of Paper?!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

"When the Hero's Journey Wanders Off Track: Homeworld 2"

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

"When the Hero's Journey Wanders Off Track: Homeworld 2"

"The Hero's Meander: Let's Play Homeworld 2"

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
12 Battlecruisers attacking at once: Homeworld 2

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Lost Frigate, Already replaced: Homeworld 2

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
For those of you who haven't played Homeworld 2 yet, your takeaway from this should be that frigates in that game were incredibly fragile :v:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Homeworld 2: Frigate Lost is the best option. It's much funnier than trying to extend the joke out.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Polaron posted:

For those of you who haven't played Homeworld 2 yet, your takeaway from this should be that frigates in that game were incredibly fragile :v:

Or, more charitably, frigates were converted from being warships to being reactive armor for your destroyers, battlecruisers, and carriers.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Homeworld 2: Errrrrghh.

Not as clever, but highly accurate.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

ZeeToo posted:

Homeworld 2: Frigate Lost is the best option. It's much funnier than trying to extend the joke out.

Completely agreed.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

ZeeToo posted:

If we're doing a vote I'm going with this too.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Let's Play Homeworld 2 - Why?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Bring Sajuuk to bear

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was a big fan of Sajuuk Must Be Crazy!

rabiddeity
Jun 2, 2011
Homeworld 2: Frigate Lost

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

rabiddeity posted:

Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

rabiddeity posted:

It has to be this or Sajuuk Must Be Crazy. Although 'what does a spaceship need with God?' is pretty funny too.

• Locked thread