Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
(PLEASE PLAY THIS IN A LOOP)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFuGfwIhv14

This thread is dedicated to the unexplained, supernatural or just weird stories you may have heard or experienced while serving this great nation. Also discuss conspiracy theories or whatever crazy stuff; you will not be persecuted.

My only submission :unsmith:

There's some creepy poo poo going on at USAG Schinnen. On the surface it's a pretty useless base with nothing more than a BX and a few Army support offices, but for some reason, it's still heavily guarded (loving pillbox installed when I was there O_o ) so it pretty much has to be a storage site for hostile aliens or some Armageddon society. Claim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
My dad served on the USS FORESTALL in the 80's and claimed a ghost from the fire helped him get a part out of a supply storeroom.

I'm inclined to believe him because the idea of a living supply puke actually helping somebody is way less believable then a ghost.

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

Buddy of mine was a nuke on one of old Virginia class CGNs just before they were decommissioned in the 1990s. He had a good story about working at night, glancing up and seeing a civilian in the reactor room. He said the guy looked up at him, waved then disappeared. Apparently when the ship was built a contractor did die in the reactor area, according to my friend.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

My favorite ghost is the phantom shitter.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

One time DFAS got my pay right. Also the VA got my meds to me on time with the last shipment, but I may have hallucinated that.

dstyle
Jul 24, 2006
"Half days"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Idiots read that our dorm was haunted by some dipshit who hung himself there in the 60s. The dorm was built in 1998. :iiam:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Casimir Radon posted:

Idiots read that our dorm was haunted by some dipshit who hung himself there in the 60s. The dorm was built in 1998. :iiam:

Thats the E-2 thing I have ever read

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
In every boot hanging themselves story it is always with the floor buffer cord for some reason

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

justice4trayvawn posted:

In every boot hanging themselves story it is always with the floor buffer cord for some reason

but no sick decapitations.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yakima Training Center has some weird poo poo. The big and obvious thing is the NSA ECHELON center with all those huge satellite dishes. Out in the middle of loving nowhere on the ranges there are little shacks fenced off with no obvious use and what look like HVAC systems going underground. Saw a bunch of GSA trucks parked near one with nobody around in sight. There's probably a giant underground base underneath all that training land, and they're housing UFOs there :tinfoil: (lotsa people claim to have seen strange lights flying around out there, and even my commo guy swore up and down he saw some poo poo).

:catdrugs:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
once when i was on roving guard at area 52 on pendleton, was walking along the dirt path by the soccer field when my partner and i heard a strange noise coming from one of the portashitters nearby. i had a big fuckoff maglite shining at the shitter in question and we approached shouting out a challenge. suddenly the door burst open and a ghostly white disembodied cock began helicoptering itself at us!

then my eyes adjusted and it turned out to be a guy from another patrol who had decided to gently caress with us. spooooooooky :ghost:

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Then what happened

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I grew up on RAF Woodbridge for several years as a kid. The woods covered like half the base...naturally that's where we always hung out. There was a clandestine skate park (including a full-size half pipe some teenagers built), a bunch of open spaces with large dirt berms ("firing ranges") and what appeared to be really old foxholes for some reason. Also a ton of spent bullet casings...I want to say 5.56 but gently caress if I know, I left when I was 10.

Also, my buddy's callsign is Egon. This came about after a Red Flag. We stayed in the Warrior Inn on Nellis AFB (this is the older billeting, the newer one is the Nellis Inn). All night he heard noises and saw shadows moving around his room, and I think some of his stuff was moved. He's not the kind of person you'd expect this sort of thing from...he'd fit in here and was a good drinking/cigar friend. We've driven each other to emergency rooms, that sort of thing. He was freaked out enough the next morning that he complained to the desk to get a new room, and the desk jockey already knew what room he was in when he started talking. Apparently that room is always hosed up like that (naturally there's a dead airman story) and there are always complaints.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
If I'm ever a ghost, I'm gonna sleep-paralyze a motherfucker and make him read SHARP slides out loud.

Humper Monkey's thread with the haunted barracks is the best ghost story ever. Wish I still had a link. Read it if you haven't already.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Painsaw posted:

If I'm ever a ghost, I'm gonna sleep-paralyze a motherfucker and make him read SHARP slides out loud.

Humper Monkey's thread with the haunted barracks is the best ghost story ever. Wish I still had a link. Read it if you haven't already.

Copied from the idiot/cole thread

http://sa.mrbill.net/humpermonkey.html

http://sa.mrbill.net/humpermonkey2.html

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1854647 Blind Study Partner

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2201461 Family has its trash

Unicorn Gangstaa

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2345106

Street Sweeper Tales

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2411937

Ogrel72 hosed around with this message at Jul 1, 2014 around 03:03

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 4, 2015

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Ogrel72 posted:

Ogrel72 hosed around with this message at Jul 1, 2014 around 03:03

But the thread has only been open a few days!

I was a Chinese linguist flunkout for a year and a half from 2007-2008. I think my dorm showers were haunted. Shower pressure would wildly fluctuate between barely on and BLAST SPEED, temperature would vary between boil and ice cubes, etc. Most people will chalk that up to communal living since it was a communal bathroom. I'd chalk that up to it too except for the time I was showering and the next shower over turned on. There was nobody in the stall. When I got out the shower was still on but there was nobody in the bathroom.

:derp:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

dscruffy1 posted:

But the thread has only been open a few days!

I was a Chinese linguist flunkout for a year and a half from 2007-2008. I think my dorm showers were haunted. Shower pressure would wildly fluctuate between barely on and BLAST SPEED, temperature would vary between boil and ice cubes, etc. Most people will chalk that up to communal living since it was a communal bathroom. I'd chalk that up to it too except for the time I was showering and the next shower over turned on. There was nobody in the stall. When I got out the shower was still on but there was nobody in the bathroom.

:derp:

yea cuz poorly maintained valves under constant pressure never fail. ever

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

yea cuz poorly maintained valves under constant pressure never fail. ever

you probably think bin laden did 9/11 too sheeple

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
There was a video circulating that the WTC Towers were hit by JSTARS. I would have loved to have been in on that mission planning briefing.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the most fuckt up conspiracy theory i ever heard was that trannies and fats are people. like cmon dude

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Helldump Immunity. posted:

There was a video circulating that the WTC Towers were hit by JSTARS. I would have loved to have been in on that mission planning briefing.

The AWACS version would've involved an orbit in Iraq New Jersey, but the nav doesn't know how to watch his goddamn equipment so we'd depart the orbit without realizing it and unless an AWO noticed, we'd end up in Iran New York.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Really wonder if the Ether Bunny was ever a real story (dude goes into barracks room and uses ether on other dudes then rapes them)

There's like 10 variations of the story

Worked with a dude who was a combat instructor in Lejeune. He wasn't one to lie and he was a great story teller. Regardless he had a couple good ones. I guess the dudes on some specific post would always radio in the same poo poo and he didn't believe it until he saw it. Something about a bridge on a boonies side of the base where a kid was thrown off or something idk

The funny thing is we're so sleep deprived and dudes standing all these watches on ship with no sleep they probably hallucinate a ton of poo poo

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jan 4, 2015

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
According to this chick I work with, one of the pumphouses for the type 4's in Kunsan is haunted. I called bullshit, and sat there during the last exercise. All kinds of weird poo poo happens. Pumps start for no reason, fuel will disappear off the electronic meters and come back an hour later, the building itself makes weird noises.

gently caress that, she can stay there next exercise.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Late night low illum at 7000'

Wild dogs, thru NVGs, 9mm thru a belly

Blood trail out a "V" between HESCOs

~That dog is waiting for me~

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
You can tell a true war story by the questions you ask. Somebody tells a story, let’s say, and afterward you ask, “Is it true?” and if the answer matters, you’ve got your answer.

For example, we’ve all heard this one. Four guys go down a trail. A grenade sails out. One guy jumps on it and takes the blast and saves his three buddies.

Is it true?

The answer matters.

You’d feel cheated if it never happened. Without the grounding reality, it’s just a trite bit of puffery, pure Hollywood, untrue in the way all such stories are untrue. Yet even if it did happen—and maybe it did, anything’s possible—even then you know it can’t be true, because a true war story does not depend upon that kind of truth. Happeningness is irrelevant. A thing may happen and be a total lie; another thing may not happen and be truer than the truth.

For example:
Four guys go down a trail. A grenade sails out. One guy jumps on it and takes the blast, but it’s a killer grenade and everybody dies anyway. Before they die, though, one of the dead guys says, “The gently caress you do that for?” and the jumper says, “Story of my life, man,” and the other guy starts to smile but he’s dead.

That’s a true story that never happened

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Christoff posted:

Really wonder if the Ether Bunny was ever a real story (dude goes into barracks room and uses ether on other dudes then rapes them)

I heard this one kid fresh out of basic went home with some chick he met in a local bar. She was into some kinky poo poo, so she talked him into letting her tie him to the bed. That's when some dude in a superman costume jumped out of the closet and raped him.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i always heard it was a huge black guy wearing a batman cowl and cape

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Christoff posted:

The one I heard was at nuke school and the guy only got caught bc his victims butthole started bleeding whilst conscious

Very believable imo

wrong kind of spooky mate

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

He is the night. Cause its dark as gently caress in whatever room hes in.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Christoff posted:

I swear I've seen copies of legal docs where this happened, but for the life of me I can't find them anymore

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Walking around oddly empty GOV buildings on Suwon late at night was weird. Fuckers still had equipment and trash strewn about like they left in a hurry, and the doors were unlocked.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I had a friend that went to Dugway to test some NBC detector and he talked about seeing things that looked like big rear end rocks in the middle of loving nowhere that had government vehicles dropping dudes off and they'd disappear inside them. They also got kind of lost and apparently wandered into an area they weren't supposed and had a poo poo load of humvees with spotlights roll up to them demanding to know where the gently caress they were going.

I guess it's not really a mystery though since there's a bunch of chem weapon poo poo out there. Still creepy as gently caress though

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW
Wouldn't it be hosed up if the reasoning for glasnov was something way more scary? Like genetic engineering? Them soviets and their foxes

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Christoff posted:

Ether bunny story is more than a 100 years old. Realistically most US military members are too stupid to even consider using ether in their rapey exploits.

Now if someone tries to tell you about an airman coercing his girlfriend to stick sea creatures in her hoohah, that totally happened.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jan 5, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

quote:

Dear Friend,
I am Sgt.Roy Williams, a US serving in the Hqs. Multinational Corps Afghanistan, III Corps-Camp Victory, which Patrols the Kabul province. I am desperately in need of assistance and I have summoned up courage to contact you. I am presently in Afghanistan and I found your contact particulars in an internet address journal. I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of $12,570,000(Twelve million Five Hundred and Seventy Thousand USD) to the States or any safe country of your choice, as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here. This is no stolen money and there are no dangers involved. Actually it is part of funds that we discovered from the residence of fleeing Opium farmers in Afghanistan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm

I have now found a secured way of getting the package out of Afghanistan for you to pick it up. I do not know for how long I will remain here as I have been lucky to have survived 2 suicide bomb attacks by Pure Divine intervention. This and other reasons put into consideration have prompted me to reach out for help. If it might be of interest to you then endeavor to contact me and we would work out the necessary formalities, but I pray that you are discreet about this mutually benefiting relationship.

Contact me via my private mailbox:lucaswilliams007@superposta.com so that I can furnish you with more details.

Respectfully,

Sgt.Roy Williams

United States Marine Corps. Afghanistan.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Military is filled with hosed up people

Yup. That's uh...that's a thing.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

justice4trayvawn posted:

wrong kind of spooky mate

:nsavince:

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW

Carteret posted:

Walking around oddly empty GOV buildings on Suwon late at night was weird. Fuckers still had equipment and trash strewn about like they left in a hurry, and the doors were unlocked.

Mideastern blacksites don't scare me. What scares me is hosed up poo poo in the arctic circle. Mideast blacklists are where nice brown people go to be uncomfortably touched by female handerlers in their early 30's. Greenland blacksites are where you go to have your organs replaced with plastic fittings and poo poo. I assume. I'm just making bullshit up

I'd imagine that the spook factor is intentional. Like, nuclear reactors and poo poo are weirdly scary upclose.

White people are the worst. Get a tan and eat something you sick fucks.

Tearsaslube fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jan 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW
Here's a fact I made up: Velcro was the result of live human autopsies. That's something we needed to know, had the budget for, and therefore did. I love this loving planet.

• Locked thread