Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

Tearsaslube posted:

What scares me is hosed up poo poo in the arctic circle.

I'll see myself out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
There's nothing but civilian research stations at either pole. Any story you hear otherwise is just stories from people who believe FEMA built underground shelters.

The Ether Bunny poo poo was going around when I was in Basic Training. I asked my Father, who was in the military since Christ was a private, and he said the same loving story was going around when he was a young enlisted man.

Buffer cord story? Yup. Dude from Charlie 3/10, Fort Leanordwood did it, didn't you know? The DI's told us all about it, about how committing suicide is stupid.

You aren't supposed to shoot people with a .50, but you can shoot their equipment, like their LBE!

The parade ground at Fort Riley is haunted by Cav officers making enlisted march in formation. (I can believe that, loving Cav officers would be the worst even after they're loving dead)

Red Stone Arsenal has a massive underground complex at it.

The lower levels of NORAD are caves, and there's mutants in there. Seriously! Dude I know knew a guy who's room-mate was assigned to guard down there, and he totally got eaten, man.

The out areas of White Sands and the Nevada Test Ranges are full of radioactive mutants. They lose about a half dozen of you moron cocksuckers out there every loving year, so don't go chasing poo poo, and don't shoot each other with that live ammo, you loving retards.

Graf is loving haunted. There's a loving Sherman that races around the back roads. Your CO was totally sober when he crashed into that ditch, the tank ran him off the road. It has a rebel flag on the back.

WIldflicken was an old Nazi SS training ground. Off to the side, near the Top of the Rock NCO Club, if you go down the road and through the locked gate, there's a weird area where the old SS poo poo was, including an intact whipping post. At night fog comes up about a foot to two feet. People get lost there all the time and either don't come back, or come back way later claiming to have only been gone for a little while.

The old Madigan Army Hospital was shut down because it was haunted, so they built a new one.

Fort Hood had the "Dirty Dozen", a bunch of gay officers who blackmailed young enlisted to being their sex-slaves for weekend parties.

The road between Fort Lewis and McChord AFB is haunted by a convoy that runs people off the road on Friday and Saturday nights.

There's a black dog on Fort Hood's Turkey Run Road, that if you see him, you'll die within the week in an automobile crash.

Lighting 3 cigarettes without changing position is bad luck. (This one has a basis in reality. That's all the time a sniper needs to kill the third guy or the guy holding the lighter)

CID sells all the contraband they confiscate on the black market. (Probably true)

If you put the US side up on green blanket on your bed/cot, you'll be dead by morning.

Military Intelligence has vampires in it. (Not true, it's werewolves)

CID is full of child molesters. (Again, probably true)

Military shippers who move your stuff from overseas steal your poo poo/hide drugs in your poo poo. (Again, probably true)

Medics sell black soldier's blood to white supremacist groups to baptize white babies in. (No poo poo heard this from Nation of Islam guys)

There's a medic at the TMC who decides who she's going to date by whether or not their medical records show they've had an STD checkup and if they were positive.

The guys who were here last smuggled a midget into the barracks in a rucksack and then pulled a train on her before making her ride a tricycle around the barracks with "CUM SLUT" on her back in Sharpie.

Blackhawks are perfectly safe to land in. Your roommate totally knows this guy who went to Basic Training with a guy who was on one that didn't crash. (Bullshit, never happened)

Patton's ghost haunts the corner out by the air field on Fort Hood.

Goddamn soldiers are a superstitious bunch.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I've had hundreds, maybe thousands, of dollars of stuff stolen by military movers. The theft that still gets me was a bunch of NES poo poo when I was a kid. :(

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Godholio posted:

I've had hundreds, maybe thousands, of dollars of stuff stolen by military movers. The theft that still gets me was a bunch of NES poo poo when I was a kid. :(

you were a mil brat? somehow your fursona makes much more sense now....

i've never had a thing taken by movers but then again i actually inventory everything ;)

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
old madigan is a pretty creepy old set of buildings.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

justice4trayvawn posted:

you were a mil brat? somehow your fursona makes much more sense now....

i've never had a thing taken by movers but then again i actually inventory everything ;)

How else do you know what's missing? All the thefts were 80s/90s, my moves in adulthood were just full of items getting broken.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Godholio posted:

How else do you know what's missing? All the thefts were 80s/90s, my moves in adulthood were just full of items getting broken.

80's/90
s was godamn terrible.

When the drawdown of Europe happened, the movers stole EVERYTHING because most of them weren't even real moving/shipping companies.

I was something like 15K pounds overweight, got back 3 cardboard boxes.

Monkey shipped a SHITLOAD and didn't get anything back.

Hey, shall I go all :tinfoil: in here? I mean, get really into poo poo like CoG sites, experimentation, and War Fighter poo poo?

Or should I just shut the gently caress up?

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

50 Foot Ant posted:

Hey, shall I go all :tinfoil: in here? I mean, get really into poo poo like CoG sites, experimentation, and War Fighter poo poo?

Or should I just shut the gently caress up?

This is why I made the thread.

Let's go down that dark path, gents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAlDoAtV7Y

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

old madigan is a pretty creepy old set of buildings.

I've been in there for cadetland medical twice. It's not creepy when it's manned.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I've been in there for cadetland medical twice. It's not creepy when it's manned.

it's just the general creepniness of old rear end buildings, also every time i had to go there it was almost deserted.

:tinfoil:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

50 Foot Ant posted:

Buffer cord story? Yup. Dude from Charlie 3/10, Fort Leanordwood did it, didn't you know? The DI's told us all about it, about how committing suicide is stupid.

it freaks me out that you named my exact basic training company.

50 Foot Ant posted:

Medics sell black soldier's blood to white supremacist groups to baptize white babies in. (No poo poo heard this from Nation of Islam guys)

this is actually true

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jan 8, 2015

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
It's not gay if your boots are on.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

it freaks me out that you named my exact basic training company.

How do you even remember your Basic company? Or is it just me who forgot that within like 6 months?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

at the date posted:

How do you even remember your Basic company? Or is it just me who forgot that within like 6 months?

i've said before on here, i think when i said i still remember my weapon sn (7261059) but yeah ive got a weird memory thing where i remember only the most useless stuff

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Obviously if you can't remember your basic company and class # you must be stealing valor. Is there something you want to tell us ATD?

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
I can't remember my platoon number for the life of me.

I'm pretty sure I blocked it out or something.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

USMC503 posted:

I can't remember my platoon number for the life of me.

I'm pretty sure I blocked it out or something.

I wanna say mine was 2077 but that was before I could drink so that number is highly suspect

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

at the date posted:

were you even in for 6 months

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Most haunted location in Atsugi, but only on watch.

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW
There's a black market for organs. If you think that there aren't state actors involved in their sale you're dumb

Like anything that a hosed up person could want exists somewhere to buy. If you don't think that there's state actors involved I think you're naive

Hell, look at shamans in Africa. Selling albino people's limbs to eat. Or the tea-boys of the middle east. Or any other hosed practice. My logic is: the more money you have, the shittier hosed up stuff you do.

I'd really loving like to know what goes on in yuca mountain. Or where the gently caress all the depleted, glassified uranium goes to.

I also read in the New York times that former cia torturers joined the mormon church. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/16/us/politics/cia-on-path-to-torture-chose-haste-over-analysis-.html?_r=0

I'd be loving CRAZY if they used their working knowledge of neuroscience, propaganda campaigns, and passive manipulation to influence political outcomes

I also guess there's this thing in intelligence where you "squeeze" someone by systemically pressuring them into their most destructive behaviors. It'd be super hosed up if retired asshats decided to do that for political reasons.

I also guess that you can estimate interest by pupils dilation. It'd be super hosed up if the NSA used the front facing cameras on all of our phones and laptops to aggregate data such that they could predict and influence market trends, again for probably political purposes.

Quickly, somebody ask me about lithium batteries and the motorola iridium project

What y'all fucks know about star wars. Let's compare the mormon church to the ending of dr strangelove

Tearsaslube fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 10, 2015

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
What if we're all gay and the psychoactive properties fluoridated water pumped into pipes by the government is the only thing keeping us from realizing it?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

krispykremessuck posted:

were you even in for 6 months

no, I wasn't, but I meant six months after discharge

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
There's a tunnel system that links all the buildings at the Air Force Academy. It was built for maintenance, but it also was intended to serve as a shelter for the Cadet Wing in the event of an atomic attack. It had marshaling areas and store rooms and even a morgue. That part is true. There were always rumors of more, though: hidden command posts, archives with copies of important federal documents, connections to other bases in the area. There was also a locked gate leading to more tunnels past the steam plant. No one knew where it went.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

at the date posted:

no, I wasn't, but I meant six months after discharge

so you were a preemie huh? explains a lot

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Dead Reckoning posted:

There's a tunnel system that links all the buildings at the Air Force Academy. It was built for maintenance, but it also was intended to serve as a shelter for the Cadet Wing in the event of an atomic attack. It had marshaling areas and store rooms and even a morgue. That part is true. There were always rumors of more, though: hidden command posts, archives with copies of important federal documents, connections to other bases in the area. There was also a locked gate leading to more tunnels past the steam plant. No one knew where it went.

Given the area, I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if there are tunnels connecting the Academy to other places. It would make sense to have at least some kind of command post, too.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

True. Refurbished and updated in 1992.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

so you were a preemie huh? explains a lot

say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

at the date posted:

well go get your face fucker online and i will say it to him

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

at the date posted:

Are you trying to talk people into talking to your cock again?

Jesus, you got a weird fetish.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

at the date posted:

the gently caress is this

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

at the date posted:

So basically you have less time in service than the average pair of issued boots and this is your response when someone makes fun of you.

Welcome to GIP, please post a lot.

:munch:

Also

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

well go get your face fucker online and i will say it to him

This made me laugh more than it really should have.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

McNally posted:

So basically you have less time in service than the average pair of issued boots and this is your response when someone makes fun of you.

:thejoke:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Ah, yes. We are twisting in the web of wit and genius that you weave.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

McNally posted:

Ah, yes. We are twisting in the web of wit and genius that you weave.

It was really obvious and you're a big baby.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

at the date posted:

It was really obvious and you're a big baby.

That hurts my feelings.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is the salt peter in the water during basic thing true

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

is the salt peter in the water during basic thing true
The best way to respond to that is probably to tell them that if they knew anything about chemistry they wouldn't be here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I remember like 2 weeks before graduation being on firewatch and some dude vanished into the bathroom for like 15 minutes. Just as I'm about to check on him he comes walking out and looks at me and goes "Oh thank loving christ it still works" and he shuffled off back to his rack.

Took me a minute to understand what the gently caress he was going on about

• Locked thread