Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

The Germans in Norway burned all their maps before the surrender in May 45. There are bunkers all over the place, and undoubtedly several that's been forgotten.
The Germans seems to have had a pathological need to swiss-cheese any bit of rock they came across basically. They weren't kidding around with 'Festung Norwegen'.

This one is in the center of Oslo. It was used by the Norwegian intelligence service during the cold war, but later abandoned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

MA-Horus posted:

lol like we could muster 4 full divisions to arm anyways. I know we burned through a shitload of cold war stock ammo between 2000-2005

There's stories like that about the russians with mountain bunkers full of fresh T-55s and literal mountains of shells

A world war/cold war generates stupid amounts of stuff.
When I was serving my conscription in northern Norway in 1999/2000 some of us still got issued Marshall aid field shovels stamped 'US 1944'. And 'new'A/N PRC 77 radios straight from the mobilization stocks.

Not like today when we buy some new AT missile system and a whopping 2 missiles per launcher. :allears:

• Locked thread