Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's how you start a loving Banshee thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Denis O'Hare? Holy loving poo poo I can't wait for that.

Finished my binge-watch of seasons 1 and two last night, totally ready now!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Duke posted:

The way Hood fucks up that guys hand is still one of the grossest things on this show.

I still can't think of a more graphically brutal fight to ever air on television. That poo poo was nuts and I still love that scene.

YOU LIKE HITTIN' LITTLE GIRLS??!?!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

suddenlyissoon posted:

I love this show so loving much. "Wicks" is still the best episode and the way he fights the Albino haunts my dreams.

Also great. I love how they showed flashbacks to that fight during the fight with Sanchez and we hadn't even seen that fight yet!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

osietra posted:

I'm the seed father of the OG Banshee show thread, and whilst I approve of DivisionPosters efforts, they don't really do justice to the first season of Banshee.

Tbh, it was my first ever thread, and I gambled on not only my own emotions, but those of my contemporaries. The OP might be European, or just a humble dude, joined in the early bloom of SA's fame. But it still feels like he's bullying me in a weird passive aggrieved/aggressive way.

We all like Banshee, but word-spunking with rectanglur spoiler text just sends out the wrong message.

Peace.

This thread's OP is loving amazing, what drugs are you on?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Rebecca looks different. Maybe it was just the makeup and eyebrows but something about her face looks weird.

loving loved this episode, doubly so because my actual Marine buddy was raging on Facebook about how "no way a dude with a bow takes out so many Marines drat it!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

life is killing me posted:

It's pretty clear that he has some combat training, any way you slice it.

In previous threads people kept arguing that he didn't and we had no proof otherwise despite numerous instances to the contrary.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

True, there isn't proof. But besides training with Job to be a thief, where else would he learn how to fight? There is clearly a form to his fighting, and he seems trained to me, and thus confident in his ability to win. But it's also true that he could have just been taught by Job to fight and fight dirty.

poo poo, now I want to see Hood and Job throw down, just to see who would be more brutal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I think that Job's character is probably underestimated because he's a transvestite, and the show clearly puts forth that idea in a few scenes. But he seems to have some flashy martial arts skills, which leads me to believe that Job was formally trained in martial arts of some sort.

I'd also love to see that throwdown. At least I'd like to see Hood and Job training together--I wonder if they'd show Job just effortlessly beating Hood

When he assaulted the church solo in S2 he really showed how dangerous he could be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

He's got some world class tattoo regret

I bet he ends up on the team. They need a bigger force with all the poo poo going down.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:911: Emmett. They would never hire that neo nazi scum, reformed or not.

Nah, they need someone who knows the ins and outs of the evil white people too. Hood took a shine to him, I'd bet on him joining up by mid season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Banshee is paced like the CW's Arrow except rated hard loving R.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder if Nola and Burton were seeing each other's flashbacks via telepathy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fatass roadkill was loving metal as hell. I don't know how they're gonna top that one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I did sort of want to see a Hood and fatass's hitman fight though. Seemed a waste for him just to shotgun the guy

I think it was very fitting. Thug just laughed when Hood said he was going to kill him. Then he gets shot-gunned and gets to see Hood unload a second shot in his face. Dude wasn't worth the fight, he was trash in Hood's eyes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rejutka posted:

He's a blocky enough dude so maybe he boxes or martial arts liberates small countries in his own time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe season one Hood. Season three Hood is in love with Siobhan and is going to be sad now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I won't forgive them if they kill Siobhan.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Anthony Starr is a loving beast.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So are we assuming season 4 will be it the since it's short two episodes?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

madpanda posted:

Hoooly poo poo the fight at the end of episode 3.

That's pretty much where the rest of us became rabid fans of this show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just heard Anthony Starr's real accent for the first time.

His American accent is loving great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Some Zero posted:

The only thing I didn't like is Universal Soldier taking 4 shots of buckshot at point blank range and still fighting. Body armor or not that dude would have stayed down.

I dug the head cams overall though.

Considering he was sitting in the vault with no sign of wounds I'm assuming they were riot rounds. They wanted to rob the place, not murder everyone on the base right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hmmm, maybe he was part of the same program as David was in the Guest?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soothing Vapors posted:

every major character on Banshee has some sort of mutant healing power

Hood's hand has been bandaged since like season 2.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Was anyone else expecting Chayton to start swimming away in the post credits scene?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Someone itt speculated they went in with beanbag rounds as a first resort since it was a military base and all. A badass could take 3 beanbags with kevlar.

That was me. Small rounds are less lethal than a shotgun. Don't we still have an insider on the show in this thread, he should ask what the what was with it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yodzilla posted:

Good loving lord for being a bridging episode with fairly little violence this show is still brutal and awesome as gently caress. Goddamn I can't loving wait to see how this season ends.

e: I've never seen someone get dumped to hard. Kai is a master of negging

Fairly little violence? Did we watch the same thing?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yodzilla posted:

Compared to most Banshee episodes, yeah. :v:

Kai burned three men alive dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's only one more???

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do you really think they'd kill Gordon off right after they worked to make him more interesting?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

red19fire posted:

I want Brock to become sheriff but be tolerant of Hood's antics as he levels the city in order to take down Proctor, since originally in S1 he alluded to Proctor being the problem with Banshee. Like I want to see how far a good man can go over the edge for the greater good and still come back. Also Bunker needs to become Hood's apprentice as far as letting 'the darkness' take over.

Well from that last smirk Proctor gave I think it's clear that he's going to offer Hood a job.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nobody says "mother_FUCKA" better than Job.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Eliza Dushku (Buffy, Dollhouse, True Calling, my fantasies for the last 10 years) has been cast for season 4 as an FBI agent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dollhouse wasn't the worst show she was ever in...

Yes it was.

Rocksicles posted:

I'll fight you.

I be the bringer of bad news.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DivisionPost posted:

Is the bad news that you're one of the three people who really liked Tru Calling?

No but it wasn't as bad as Dollhouse!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it, I hate when shows don't overstay their welcome and go out on top!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rapeface posted:

Ugh, Eliza Dushku can't act.

I don't care, she loving gorgeous. Also Hood looking haggard as gently caress is not a good sign. Also gently caress YES they're gonna gently caress up some white power assholes this season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TEAH SYAG posted:

Just starting Season 1. 3 episodes in and jesus christ, this main character guy is just destroying pussy left and right... Does he keep the pace up? :)

Yes.

Buckle in it gets even more insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DUDES

Did we know about this?

• Locked thread