Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Let's go Mizz....aaaaahahahaha. Do your best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Better than UCLA I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eltoasto posted:

Good job Mizzou, you MIGHT score as many against Kentucky as the Grand Canyon Antelopes did. A team that may very well be antelopes.

Outscored UCLA in the first half, that's enough for me.

Mizzou is really bad and Kentucky is really good, it's not like we didn't know that going in.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eltoasto posted:

I didn't even realize you guys finally replaced Haith. Not sure a 59 year old rookie to division I is the best choice but hey, change.

Haith saw the writing on the wall and bounced on his own. He didn't leave a whole lot worthwhile, there are some promising recruits (surprisingly, they held on to their best recruiter and grabbed some AAU guy who brought Gill-Caesar with him) but anyone would struggle with the team. Having said that I'm not particularly impressed with Anderson so far.

It's...complicated I guess. The AD pissed off a lot of people when he brought in Haith, I guess once it was obvious Gregg Marshall wasn't coming he decided to make the old Norm Stewart guys happy at least and hire Anderson who was the guy they all wanted back when he hired Quin Snyder.

I expect a long four years and a new coaching search after that, but this team was always going to be bad. I had some hopes they'd be a little less bad, but yeah.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 14, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

I don't think it was a good idea for Mizzou to give Anderson four years. Three, okay, but four is way too much of a commitment to what amounts to a panic hire (and who can blame panicking when your coach just sends you a text and heads to Tulsa).

It's actually a five year contract :negative:

When Ryan Rosburg is an actual important piece for your team it's probably not fair to judge him yet and I'm talking about this after playing a pissed off Kentucky, but Christ.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

uncurable mlady posted:

Yeah, but I can't really tell if Kentucky is just playing that well or if 'bama is just collapsing entirely.

Could be both?

What were your thoughts the other night besides laughing the entire game?

Mizzou/Tennessee is incredibly ugly if anyone cares. No one should watch it and I apologize to anyone else who is.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I dislike the basketball team I cheer for.

e: I mean, I know Missouri is loving awful but don't lose to A&M by double digits unless Acie Law comes back you fucks.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 22, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mizzou/Arkansas is unexpectedly fun for a game no one in their right minds should be watching while UT/KU is on.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So they had a foul to give and you wait until there are 7 seconds left to start the offense? This loving team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ahahahahahahaha.

Ending aside at least it was competitive I guess? I don't know.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Was out doing some stuff and UMKC BB came on the radio, they're honoring their 1991-92 team that went 21-7 tonight (and apparently they inducted the whole team into their hall of fame) and are wearing throwbacks. Decided to track the game down to see the uniforms and they're powder blue (awesome!) with yellow numbers and trim (uh, ok) and...pink socks.

It's on the WAC DN channel 3 if anyone else wants to see these things and/or watch terrible basketball.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 25, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh forgot to add the only thing anyone outside of KC might remember about that team, poor Tony Dumas was on it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
PROGRAM ALERT: Please stay tuned, SEC basketball coming up after MVC game.

I can't complain at all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jesus loving christ Missouri is awful and loves to turn the ball over, how the hell did they play with Arkansas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Can the Tigers just forfeit the rest of the season? This is loving embarrassing.

Still tied with SC & Frank Martin in conference, we need to work that out.

And get destroyed by him like always I'm sure, but it hasn't happened yet.

• Locked thread