Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I hate Amir Williams. Line tonight:

12 minutes, 0 FG, 1 rebound, 3 turnovers, 3 fouls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

kittenmittons posted:

Thanks ESPN I didn't want to watch Ohio State anyway

Why would you want to see that when you can see Kentucky barely beat one of the various lovely SEC teams?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

D'Angelo Russell is really, really good.

The rest of the Buckeyes ehhh, not so much.

He's going to leave after a year :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

kittenmittons posted:

why couldn't cancer have taken dan dakich instead of stuart scott

I live in Indianapolis and have to hear his lovely radio show and opinions all the time, I agree. He has a lunchtime radio show and spends the whole time bashing people who dare to insult him on twitter, and always falls back to the dumb rube "i dunno" defense when people call him on his dumb poo poo.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I love how they are examining this replay in depth, which clearly shows him fouling the poo poo out of Scott the entire way. Also it's off his foot.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Amir Williams you loving suck

Also I don't have a lot of hope for OT since Minnesota is just mugging Russell and not getting called for it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

goldboilermark posted:

purdue is down 1 to wisconsin in madison. unbelievably, wisconsin went the entire first half without a starter getting a single foul. don't think i've ever seen that before in my entire life, crazy.

So is Purdue just trying to troll the B1G by losing to terrible teams and beating good ones randomly?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

goldboilermark posted:

purdue is really young and inconsistent and they are still trying to put it together, so that means they sometimes look idiotic and lose to poo poo teams but when they are playing well they look quite good and very different from last year.

i'm hoping they continue to put it together this big10 season because i like watching good basketball

I wouldn't mind them being good again, but haven't had a chance to see them play yet or really kept up with their recruiting.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well Purdue fought well, but can't beat out the B1G motto "On the Road? Get hosed". At least they are consistent.

Free Throws:
Wisky: 27
Purdue: 7

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ah that's MSU's secret! They are giving out starburst candy on the bench.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Hello Towel posted:

Well, IU is making GBS threads it up again early against OSU. At least the Buckeyes haven't really taken advantage.

OSU doesn't quite know what to do on offense when Russell isn't out there. And our big men? Bless their hearts they tryin.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I've never seen a group of 3 big men all play so passive and lovely as Williams/McDonald/Lee for OSU. All solid recruits, all worthless. Please god Matta let someone else pick who you recruit for size.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Hello Towel posted:

Oh, Teddy... :allears:

Valentine doin his thang

I'd be upset but he's consistent

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Hello Towel posted:

Troy Williams is taking over this game.

Yeah pretty passive and emotionless game for OSU, which has happened a few times now this season. They don't believe they can win and why should they, when Sam Thompson has to play Center because everyone over 6'7 is poo poo. They really just have nothing they can do if Russell isn't hitting his shots.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ted Valentine just waived off his own call, he is a one man show now.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Its my second favorite time of the year. where I veil my contempt for women's basketball because I am being paid to talk about it.

But the fundamentals Andichu, the fundamentals.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ehud posted:

Watching every team make their best run at Kentucky is going to be so fun this year

Not when UK wins all the games anyway.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Grats Mach Won and crew. Rush that loving court

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Sky Shadowing posted:

Can any Michigan fans here confirm my suspicion that this game is pretty much your own personal hell?

Michigan-OSU basketball games don't matter as much since we play 2-3 times a year, especially a regular season game.

I am happy to see OSU playing man to man, rebounding and energy is definitely up. A few mistakes here and there but I would rather that than play a weak rear end zone.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Sky Shadowing posted:

I'm more referring to their constant mentions of Ohio State winning the football championship last night.

Ah, well that's just a higher pedestal for the people's hero Jim Harbaugh to knock OSU off of. Anyways I think all the Michigan BBall fans have checked out for the year. They real bad.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Good job Mizzou, you MIGHT score as many against Kentucky as the Grand Canyon Antelopes did. A team that may very well be antelopes.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Eltoasto posted:

Good job Mizzou, you MIGHT score as many against Kentucky as the Grand Canyon Antelopes did. A team that may very well be antelopes.

They couldn't lmbo...86-37 final good god.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

Mizzou is really bad and Kentucky is really good, it's not like we didn't know that going in.

I didn't even realize you guys finally replaced Haith. Not sure a 59 year old rookie to division I is the best choice but hey, change.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The replay at the end of the NW game looks like the zapruder film.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Time for Amir Williams to pretend to be a basketball player for 40 minutes. Also Iowa seems to have doubled down on their terrible yellow jerseys by painting the floor the same color, yuck.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Would be nice if Della Valle hadn't gone pro to Europe, so OSU would have someone who could actually shoot the ball outside of Russell.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Terrible interior defense and big 10 road games are a horrible combination that results in the 2nd half of games being an hour of watching opposing big men shoot free throws. What a waste of what will probably be Russell's only season.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah, preventing a last second three by fouling is lame as hell, but creating a rule around it would be difficult. Something like fouling a team on their half of the court past the 3 point line, under 1 minute, is 3 shots. Or something like that.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

ESPN doesn't even have a logo for Huston-Tillotson. What a ridiculous game to schedule in the middle of conference season, there's got to be a story behind it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol at collins just loving going ballistic at a missed goaltend

Yeah that was definitely a goaltend. I can understand the refs missing that one though, hopefully OSU's "just have Russell shoot" offense can pull this one out :ohdear:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I hope Russell passes up millions of dollars to come back next year when we have a decent big man.

heh

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Man, IU is just insane from 3 tonight.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

During the game they played a bunch of slomo replays and it was a goaltend, but it was pretty hard to see and this was on a fast break with the refs trailing.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Pettaway is really fun to watch.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Michigan just hit a deep 3 to likely push this game to OT, nice shot.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The Russell-Tate-Loving combo is really fun to watch, it's too bad there are no decent big men on the team to round it out. IU can't really punish OSU for having no big men, so they have a chance this game.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

goldboilermark posted:

it's purdue/iu day and the guy i hired in july that sits next to me graduated from iu and we will be sitting here together at work watching the game and i'm all like :ohdear:

It should be an interesting matchup. Size vs 3's.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

goldboilermark posted:

i wish i could find a feed for it, firstrow doesn't seem to be working

Crowd is going loving nuts. Its on BTN and Gus Johnson is announcing :shobon:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'm just going to assume that Basil Smotherman is a great defender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

goldboilermark posted:

i am so jittery during this game i can't loving sit still

Relax, you are mauling them inside. IU's only chance is if they go nuts from 3, which admittedly can happen.

• Locked thread