Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

When I met The Rock Johnson we were of course, excited to hear his famous catch phrase "DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING".

Growing up as a young boy watching The Rock on TV this phrase meant a lot to me. Every night I went to bed and set my The Rock action figure on the table next to my bed. I had The Rock blankets on my bed to protect me when I would sleep. Every night, I drifted off, hoping to catch a whiff of what The Rock was cooking. I just had to know.

So when I finally heard Dwayne bellow those famous words, I just had to ask what it was. Mr Rock, can I smell what you're cooking? I felt silly about asking at first. I don't think he knew how to react either.

I think my question caught him off-guard, but after a minute he extended a hand and said, "Sure, Carlos."

I grabbed his hand and used his strong arm as leverage to pull myself toward him. The joke was clearly on me, though, as soon as I began to pull I felt all of his knuckles crack. He let go of my hand and went back to meet and greet his fans. It took me a minute to realize what was going on, but as soon as I smelled what The Rock was cooking I started to dry heave.

I don't have the words to convey the illness that crept over me that day. I've been second-guessing my childhood since.

My advice to other fans? If you get a chance to meet The Rock, do NOT smell what he is cooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synathaesia

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

This reminds me, I wish the rock would be in a Seinfeld-esque show where people would burst through the door and ask what he's cooking, followed by a close-up of his signature eyebrow action

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEc-ukGC1qA

i dont post youtube videos unless they'll change your life. trust me.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

WetNightmare posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEc-ukGC1qA

i dont post youtube videos unless they'll change your life. trust me.

:24 is robin williams sadly

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread