Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will the Nightly Show be like?
This poll is closed.
A news parody, like the Daily Show 15 13.27%
A pundit satire, like the Colbert Report 7 6.19%
Something else entirely 91 80.53%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Myst Hat posted:

We missed out on Speaker Louie Gohmert? :smith:

That would have been a bottomless sack of gold.

Ron Paul's ears perked up a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
What the gently caress was Collin Quinn even saying? All I heard was blubbering about the pc police and comedy being killed by some nebulous bullshit :qq:

And there can never be enough segments on Cosby and his rapescapades.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Zero One posted:

Yeah for sure I was talking about Jon. I turned my TV off when Penn started talking.

He told Larry Wilmore it's because people like him that there are so many shootings in America. Classy.

Collin Quinn actually made more sense than Penn, that's a feat.

e; I also wish Rick Perry would just get put into solitary already, the last thing I need at the theater in this stupid state is to be worried about some idiot negligent discharging and killing me or someone I care about.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 29, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, was he saying people like himself, or people like Wilmore? Either way, :wtf: but I'm curious.

People like Wilmore in the media that give attention to mass shooters.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Calling out WIlmore on that is still stupid.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Maxwell Lord posted:

The Nightly Show is occasionally funny but it has a real hacky vibe, like they're often taking the easy route. The "Psycho Hillary" bit from a few nights back was kind of embarassing, even SNL's Hillary Clinton gags feel more on-point.

Woman getin all hysterical, screamin and throwin stuff, that's funny right?

Also, the talking toy gun thing... :geno:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

haveblue posted:

And then this happened on Raw.

I think we all have to accept that continuing to follow Stewart's career now means getting into wrestling.

:rip: Jon Stewart

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Irish Joe posted:

If its okay when the Palestinians do it, why is it not okay for Hitler?

Hitler was part Jewish.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
He was legit enjoying himself.

Also, Buzz Aldrin, the original Martian.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
What the hell? Hope Trevor doesn't choke.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Jon got a sweet tan over his vacation. Did he have laryngitis or something? He sounded funny.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Drifter posted:

We've ALL experienced airplane peanuts, but none of us has ever gone on stage and said it after Seinfeld did.

I have actually. Just sayin'

raditts posted:

I agree with you, especially considering the culture in America of white people being perpetually terrified of anything black people say or do (although political slogans like "Take Our Country Back" are somehow totally acceptable).

Well, that doesn't mean "justice or war," that means that the people in question can't be at peace (i.e. contentment) until they receive the same justice as everyone else.
I can understand not knowing how to interpret "justice or else" but that one is pretty clear cut; then again I didn't think "black lives matter" would be as confusing to white people as it is either.

Just watching the white people pearl clutch and poo poo themselves in that segment says it all.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

mcbexx posted:

So wait, if I'm a stoner and I open a parody twitter account, step on a couple of toes with some lewd tweets ... chances are that Jessica Williams will show up on my doorstep? And I might get 125,000 dollars out of it?

DONE!

Yeah, pick a really soft and really stupid target, mark the twitter as 'parody' and FYAD the hell out of your tweets.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Echo Chamber posted:

I thought the first two acts of Nightly were weaker than usual because it was just Larry talking for two acts and I dosed off. No contributors or characters. Just Larry processing a non-story and then a dry story.

Also, I'm exactly the kind of idiot lotto player that would keep playing even after the state didn't pay me for my winnings. :(

It's about the thrill of the game!

And I admire Republicans for finding a really creative new way of screwing the poor.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mimir posted:

I can't imagine a show starring someone deliberately pretending to be dense and conceited would last long on Comedy Central.

Nathan for You got canned after ep 2 right?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Zero One posted:

Trevor had emergency appendectomy today. He is fine says the statement.

No new show.

Iowa got to him. Bet they pulled an ear of corn out of there.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Sorry, Neil, you mean no engineer with "your" sensibilities would put a pooper by the genitals.

Most people agree, God did good on that design choice.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

IRQ posted:

Do tell.

Ben Carson: Pyramids in Egypt built by biblical figure Joseph to store grain

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Is the tape of the guy who got tasered to death too depressing and sad to bring up on TDS/Nightly?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

raditts posted:

Are you talking about the guy who got tasered, then shot to death because the cop was a'feared for her life that his twitching from being tasered was really him reaching inside his coat for a gun? Or is this a different case because of course it is?

The one where the guy was hallucinating, paranoid because he was ODing on cocaine and having a medical emergency so the cops took him to the ER in cuffs, then two officers tasered the poo poo out of him at the same time for running into the ER entrance.
Then they shackled his legs, put him back in the squad car, tasered him more cause he wouldn't sit up straight and drove him away from the hospital to the local jail and when they get there and open up the back he is a corpse.

The same hospital camera shows the ambulance dropping off his body later. It's like poetry.

My favorite part was one officer pressing the taser to the guys shoulder in the back of the squad car saying, "Act like you got some sense!" ZapZapZap

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 12, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Drifter posted:

What was it, 7-ish separate attacks result in ~120 murders in Paris, of all places.

Thats some hosed up Micheal Bay movie poo poo right there.

And we had DeltaMarineOperatorCommandoSuperSoldiers biting at the bit to go stop them but HILLARY DIDN'T LET THEM!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Larry done good.

And Jesus Christ Kilmeade, how long have you been waiting to bust out that gem? :crow:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

IRQ posted:

The "real" hoverboards can only be used on a special surface. It's similar to maglev but not exactly the same thing.

That and the whole "no friction" thing makes them really hard to control, per that vid.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Madkal posted:

I work in a college and this year we were given a brief seminar/workshop on what to do if there was an active shooter situation and it all seemed pretty bleak. Pretty much what the guy told us was that if we were outdoors when it is announced that there is an active shooter situation we must run away from the college as soon as possible and under no circumstances enter any building. If we are indoors during such a situation we must find a room and lock/barricade it as soon as possible. The room must remained locked and barricaded until emergency crews arrive and deliver an all clear. All this sounds logical and rational and such, but the downer part of it was that once you are in the room you must not open it up for anyone, even co-workers. It goes under the assumption that the shooter might pose as someone trying to hide to gain entry to a locked room. Again, all very practical but the idea that people are outside running for the lives trying to get into locked rooms where there might be just one person holed up in seems terrifying to me.

Watching Klepper's segment again.

Yeah.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Narcissus1916 posted:

Are there any decent political podcasts out there that aren't just audio-versions of news outlets? Slate's political gabfest is awesome, but only once a week.

You can also try The Todd Glass Show. It's a comedy podcast but he does end up talking a lot about political correctness and some politics stuff as it pertains to comedy.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/18/business/shkreli-fraud-charges.html?smtyp=cur

Can't wait for tonight.

And I hope they point out that Shrekli was loving with the Wutang and the next day he's in the poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opbUESNnCe0

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The Onion has competition.

Lawyer for Martin Shkreli Hikes Fees Five Thousand Per Cent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

raditts posted:

If only many of the people who needed it most weren't dead now.

Republican Healthcare Plan: DIE QUICKLY.

• Locked thread