Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Herschel Walker fought dudes on television for money while he was in his mid to late 40s because why not, you're Herschel Walker that sounds like fun

Herschel Walker is legitimately one of the best pure athlete ever and is rad as poo poo. He is still ripped as gently caress from doing nothing but shitloads of HGH pushups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Another year, another god drat Gus Frerotte snub.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
What I want:

Seau
Coryell
Pace
Shields
Brown

What I predict:

Seau
Warner
Pace
Johnson
Bettis

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

How the hell is Tony Dungy a hall of fame coach?

He turned noted choke artist Peyton Manning into a Superbowl winner

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

He turned noted choke artist Peyton Manning into a Superbowl winner

Gruden won with Dungy's Tampa team

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Dungy is a hof candidate for shittiest dad, hands down.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The only guys I feel really strongly about in this class are Pace, Seau, Shields, and Coryell. There are solid cases for Brown, Greene, Harrison, Haley, Warner, Dungy, and Johnson but I don't think any of them are such slam dunks that I would be angry about it. gently caress Jerome Bettis.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Warner deserves to be in

I'm 100% behind Warner

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
You could make the case that his career was too short to really merit a Hall induction. I agree that he probably should be in, but I'm generally a big Hall guy and I wouldn't be particularly broken up about it if he got left out.

Probably a moot point though because the writers looooove inducting quarterbacks.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

You could make the case that his career was too short to really merit a Hall induction. I agree that he probably should be in, but I'm generally a big Hall guy and I wouldn't be particularly broken up about it if he got left out.

Probably a moot point though because the writers looooove inducting quarterbacks.

Only if they have rings

Coryell's not gonna get in again and they're gonna put Dungy in and I'll be real mad

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

As they should.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone who's actually against Warner. It's like everyone just talk about how short his career is before saying "but yeah, I'd vote for him".

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The percentage of 300 yard passing games compared to total games played for Warner is so much astronomically higher than 2nd place. Like 54% of games he played in, he threw for 300+. I think 2nd place was Fouts or something

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Intruder posted:

Warner deserves to be in

I'm 100% behind Warner

Yeah he rules. Super bowl swag.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
We have to fight against any Raider, Steeler, or Bronco getting in this year. Otherwise, Will Shields year will be tarnished!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grozz Nuy posted:

His story is too good to be left out of the Hall of Fame. It's the perfect Hollywood ending.

Think they'll mention he was bagging groceries at some point during his introduction?

Plus, he got the Cardinals to the Super Bowl. That's HoF worthy there.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Hopefully Kurt gets in and whomever introduces him does so like one of those chain letters that always end with Kurtis the Stock Boy being "Kurt Warner of the St. Louis Rams/Arizona Cardinals!"

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Go Harrison and gently caress anyone who disagrees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1q3ubEX1jk

Yeah he might be an attempted murderer(or maybe not) but Big Ben is a rapist and we all know he'll get in.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I hope no one makes it in.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Nail Rat posted:

Go Harrison and gently caress anyone who disagrees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1q3ubEX1jk

Yeah he might be an attempted murderer(or maybe not) but Big Ben is a rapist and we all know he'll get in.

I hate baseball

Go seau go warner at the very least

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Atticus Finch posted:

I hope no one makes it in.

i wish they didn't have a minimum number of guys they have to elect

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Grozz Nuy posted:

Six years with the Rams and five years with the Cardinals doesn't seem very short to me. Along with thirteen playoff games. That's ignoring his other stints with NFL, AFL, and NFL Europe teams.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Rodney Harrison giving Seau's speech if he gets in would be cool

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Brannock posted:

Six years with the Rams and five years with the Cardinals doesn't seem very short to me. Along with thirteen playoff games. That's ignoring his other stints with NFL, AFL, and NFL Europe teams.
He had 6 quality years, one of those being an 11 game season, which is really low for a QB. For good and obvious reasons, no one cares about his AFL and NFL Europe stuff.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I think Kurt's career feels short because he dropped out the spotlight as quickly as he had risen for 6 years before the Arizona revival in 2008 and hell that was 4 years after he had joined the Cards. His 2007 was great but no one gave it much thought until the team made the playoffs the following year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kurt's career feels short because it was an absurdly great 3 year run to start and an impressive 2.5 year run to end with a bunch of garbage and lost injured seasons inbetween.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It is the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not the NFL Hall of Fame, so I must insist that his two year domination of the Arena League be given due consideration, and also that Willis Jacox introduces him at the ceremony.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MourningView posted:

It is the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not the NFL Hall of Fame, so I must insist that his two year domination of the Arena League be given due consideration, and also that Willis Jacox introduces him at the ceremony.

I have made this argument for Doug Flute but to no avail

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Rodney Harrison giving Seau's speech if he gets in would be cool
Haha, "if".

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

East coast bias.

He played for a san diego team for a lot of years that wasn't very good. Also no rings

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I have made this argument for Doug Flute but to no avail

Yeah but Kurt Warner was briefly the best QB in the NFL too while Doug Flutie was a mostly crappy NFL QB that people liked a lot because he was short.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jan 9, 2015

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

But he drop kicked a FG that one time.

Also got benched for Rob Johnson for a playoff game once.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MourningView posted:

Yeah but Kurt Warner was breifly the best QB in the NFL too while Doug Flutie was a mostly crappy NFL QB that people liked a lot because he was short.

Yeah but Canada

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I remember talking to someone who was like 100% sure Doug Flutie was going to make the Hall of Fame, he was relatively sober and I was kinda drunk. I was not kind.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kalli posted:

But he drop kicked a FG that one time.

Also got benched for Rob Johnson for a playoff game once.

Which everyone wants to pretend was some huge crime but really if you look back at their respective numbers it's a lot more defensible than anyone would like to admit. I got your back, Wade.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I remember talking to someone who was like 100% sure Doug Flutie was going to make the Hall of Fame, he was relatively sober and I was kinda drunk. I was not kind.

Dude just wanted to get his coffee and leave in peace jeez

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
It was during last year's induction ceremony. And at first he was like "it's pretty messed up that they're letting a punter in" and then I was explaining how he was the dopest loving punter ever, then he said something along the lines of "Well fine but it just seems messed up that he's going to be in the same museum as OJ Simpson, Dan Marino, and Doug Flutie". Then there was a lot of explaining and confusion.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
In his defense punters are lame and shouldn't be in

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

East coast bias.

He played for a san diego team for a lot of years that wasn't very good. Also no rings

He played on arguably the biggest east coast team in terms of publicity in the past decade with the 2007 Pats, and his accomplishments were brought into light then for those who had previously ignored him. Also his death brought national news and attention and honestly might help his cause. He didn't get rings, but he made it to two Super Bowls.

Seau is a shoe-in, you can stop worrying about him and go back to worrying about Coryell who should have been inducted years ago but hasn't been.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Febreeze posted:

He played on arguably the biggest east coast team in terms of publicity in the past decade with the 2007 Pats, and his accomplishments were brought into light then for those who had previously ignored him. Also his death brought national news and attention and honestly might help his cause. He didn't get rings, but he made it to two Super Bowls.

Seau is a shoe-in, you can stop worrying about him and go back to worrying about Coryell who should have been inducted years ago but hasn't been.

I've resigned myself to the belief that Coryell is never getting in because bullshit.

Also I just found out that Al Davis gave more hall of fame inductions than anyone ever, including iconic Chargers receiver Lance Alworth. The story of how Davis signed Alworth is kind of hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Seau, Pace, Coryell, Haley, Shields, Greene, Brown

That's the seven I'd vote for. I wanted to put Warner in there, but I think he'll get in eventually and I'd like them to clear the backlog a bit. Tim Brown not being in yet is a joke.

• Locked thread