Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Three day weekend for me! Made out of two Saturdays plus tomorrow (just yer boring-as-usual Sunday); the first Saturday was made through the arcane ritual that converts a Friday into a Saturday - take the drat day off because Thursday generated a better-than-required excuse: successful PhD defence. Spending my weekend frustrated at my inexplicably slow internet connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

This is amazing.

quote:

Primarily shooting nude figures, I allow for model anonymity when requested as many of my models are converted into non-human creatures.
I do not have a budget for paying models at this point, but offer trade-for-disc of all pictures shot, as well as completed work. And/or, if there are shots you need, that will be included in the trade.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Flickr works fine for me, too, I'm not smart enough to set up my LR to do automagic things for me.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Dear 8th-snype,

That sounds an awful lot like work, and therefore is beyond the bounds of the weekend thread.

Love,

Execudork

P.S. Postin' on da forums from my office at 1/4-to-6 on a Friday. Hypocrisy 4 LYFE!

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

spog posted:

I'm drinking a drink so feminine that instead of an umbrella, they serve it with a tampon.

If was also environmentally friendly, it'd be served in a Diva cup. You polluting monster.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

bobmarleysghost posted:

Monday postin hail satin

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Landscapes.

You're locked inside, the landscape you see is the grotty chair. It's legit.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Saskatchewan old-fogey farmers for the win! Between us and the survivalists/libertarians/gently caress-you-got-mine assholes in Arizona, no need to move them clocks around.

\/\/\/ Rotate your roosters regularly!

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 9, 2015

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

spog posted:

Selling my car, so obviously need some pro-quality photos for the advert.

Took it to the semi-automatic car wash to get all the bird crap blown off and make it shiny .

Car wash broke down as I was in the middle of it due to a jetwash hose getting caught in the tracks and wrapping round all the gears. Took ten minutes of heavy-duty swearing in Polish to free it and let me out.

I'm giggling at this. Mostly I'm giggling at the ridiculous stereotype you've built in my brain about these struggling Polish immigrant entrepreneurs and their zany antics at the cut-rate car wash. It's like sketch comedy, with the "straight man" character played by the entire native-English population of the country.

:britain: Excuse me, good sir, but this car wash seems to be malfunctioning.
:poland: *incomprehensible swearing*
:britain: Terribly sorry, chap, my car seems to be stuck under the soap dispenser
:poland: *enraged body language, intense incomprehensible swearing at a hose reel*
:britain: :wotwot:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I'm giving NW Ontario another chance to kill me. Three years ago *that truck* missed me as I spun out in sloppy wet shyte just past Ignace. This year the weather looks remarkably similar from here in Kenora.

if I die pls goldmine thread in my memory kthx.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I am still alive. But the weekend isn't (in most of the world). Was I absent from class the day they explained that weather near Lake Superior is always lovely?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

VendaGoat posted:

Hail SHortbus!

Also, what's up with 8th-Snype? Is all this a long-winded, elaborate "Lol got laid" still in boost phase?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Spedman posted:

live yeast and the terrible ramifications.

That's one of the best band names I've seen.

I make wine and beer myself, so of course Quality Control demands we sample during each step of production. What are these terrible ramifications? :ohdear:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Me too. "Dorkroomer" is dumb but much less dumb than "HDR Hutterite".

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

gently caress, YES!

Hail Satan!

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Is this a skin tones thing? I can't help you with that, but if it's something else I might be able to lend a hand.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Yeah, I like them all except that one that's not in focus (iSheep pointed it out), and I'd like to see them in some kind of logical order, with all of the photos of a single person presented together, rather than appearing all over the whole collection. That would also allow you to trim the set a bit, by removing what are essentially duplicates:

bobmarleysghost posted:

E: there are some that are almost exactly the same. A couple of portraits have a twin photo where the model moved slightly. I'd select only of them (of each set of models)

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Get a room you two... oh wait.

Hittin' up West Edmonton Mall tomorrow to spend my photo-contest-winnings on a tripod, plus experience the cultural re-zeroing of a Saturday afternoon at the (formerly) largest mall in the world.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Holidays are meaningless to me, again. Boss is flying in for 1 day, arriving Sunday night so Monday is extra-work day. Canada day is inconveniently in the middle of the week, but I'll be at a conference in Edmonton anyway so I guess I'll just see some little Canada flags during presentations and fireworks that evening? August long weekend might be filled with me helping my GF move. Labour day I'll probably be on the road, but fast-food and motels don't close for holidays, either, so I should be OK there.

What are these "mandated days off" you speak of?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I'm killing time waiting for a text from the field site from the two PhDs who showed up yesterday, dog-tired, and are out moving a flux tower in a wetland. They want my help to move the big solar panel, but they don't know when that will happen. Sunday mid-day shitposting.

Also:

DJExile posted:

Everything is pain

hail satan

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

8th-snype posted:

Such a good loving movie

Gonna go see it this afternoon, in 2D because the showtimes for 3D are not good for me. Maybe if I love love love it I'll see the later 3D showing, too.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Saturday matinee at 3pm was $8 for the 2D showing and it was excellent. I will be seeing it again, sooner or later.

And now I know what these new animated smilies are about!

On my way home I tried to find some birds to photograph, I succeeded on my third try, and now I have 200 pictures to ignore and pile onto the backlog! Hurray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Where in the world are you that there's a bar inside a supermarket? That sounds like something I need to add to my (rather lame) bucket list.

• Locked thread