Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Hailing Satan for some friday night BBQ and beers, only a few hours now....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Watching more cricket, working on a job application, beers soon.

Made some Porter yesterday, smells like black coffee, gonna oak it in a few days too.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Australia Day long weekend! Which involves me sending in job applications, and everyone else getting drunk having BBQ's while watching cricket. (I'll be doing a little of the later).

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I just drank a bunch of red wine and ate a bunch of delicious pasta, hail Satan.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

The Interview is terrible, thanks Netflix.

Fiancé said over breakfast she was cool with starting a brewery with me, she was only half joking.

Hail Santana Satan

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Ruining some film later on, then eating some brisket, solid Saturday.

Whatu Hatana

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Dread Head posted:

Use a clean needle, you don't want cat aids.

And by that you mean Toxoplasmosis, the bogan cat virus!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Bottling some Porter today

nataS liaH

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Dear Weekend Thread,

Just had a Saturday breakfast of French toast with broiled banana, chocolate galati and salted caramel sauce, it was delicious. Now I am heading to a craft brewers competition festival where there are 150 beers on tap. Also Australia is playing New Zealand in the Cricket World Cup, 8hrs of sport watching goodness. I'll shoot some X-ray film tomorrow, I promise.

Hugs and kisses
Hail Satan

Spedman

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

8th-snype posted:

I shot 4 sheets of xray at my 3 hour shoot. I did a bunch of digital stuff for the client but the trade was she sit for my weirdo 8x10.

I'm hoping to get some negatives shot for contact printing tomorrow, nature and poo poo, while the fiancée is rowing in a regatta.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

8th-snype posted:

I need to dev my 8x10 backlog. Today was the maiden voyage of my 12 inch commercial ektar that I got on LFF for crazy good price. F/6.3 is so much easier to focus indoors than f/9.

Yeah f/9-6.3 makes a huge difference, especially when you've got a dull DIY focusing screen like mine.

I've ordered a bunch more acrylic to build another daylight sheet film developing tank next weekend, this one will do one hanger at a time (1 8x10 or 4 4x5), so I can do c41 LF with a 1lt kit.

And dinner was awesome last night, one beef rib about 4 times the size of my forearm, with a fantastic salt and pepper based rub.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Just home from seeing Mogwai, loving rad, loving hail Satan

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Home from a bucks/stag day, closed the door and then realised I stank of this terrible sour smell, so disgusting

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It's already Thursday lunch time here in Futureland.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Time to sink some piss, it's Friday

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

As long as it's sunk, that's all that matters

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I went to the F1 yesterday (Sunday), most enjoyable.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

bobmarleysghost posted:

Def jelly. I went last year to it, it came to mtl. Amazing.

I was given a $5k suite access pass last year, above the pits, celebrities, all the champagne you could drink, but I enjoyed the race so much more this year with the $99 ground pass.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Made some wine and cider on the weekend. Smashed up 100 litres worth of Pinot Noir and got the yeast going, then smashed up a big pile of apples and got the yeast going, all gown by the parents at their hobby farm.

Next weekend, probably around 100 litres of Shiraz and making some beer for Dad too. Booze for everyone.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It sure is the weekend, time to squish some more grapes tomorrow :drum:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Made more wine, no snakes, lots of spiders (some made it into the Must), and a poo poo load of these fuckers trying to steal the precious sugar out of the grapes:

http://m.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/mskpages/European_wasp?open

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Two week old wine is surprisingly drinkable, but I wouldn't suggested it as a session drink unless you like consuming live yeast and the terrible ramifications.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

ExecuDork posted:

That's one of the best band names I've seen.

I make wine and beer myself, so of course Quality Control demands we sample during each step of production. What are these terrible ramifications? :ohdear:

http://youtu.be/b7l6jg4Hlog

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It's Saturday morning jerks

Spedman fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 11, 2015

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Smashing tables with ginormous cups of tea

loving imgur

Finishing of my single hanger tank for colour processing today, then footy at the pub.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

voodoorootbeer posted:

jesus christ i thought that was coffee loving british empire with the milk in the tea loving gross

Don't blame me if you chumps decided to make your own republic and chuck all your tea of a boat and forget how to drink it properly.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

film chemical drinker's lounge. drink film chemicals, they are good and make you feel better about being alive (that is to say dead)

Fix Drinkers Anon

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Friday night, at home watching the footy, fixing my Unicolor developing drum with plumbing supplies and modifying it to take sheet film, while having an Old Peculier. Could be worse.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It's becoming a tradition

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Back to the Dorkroom, thank Satan for that.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Hail Lilith, full of evil.
Our Lord Satan is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Gaahl.
Holy Lilith, Mother of Gaahl,
pray for us puritans,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

http://youtu.be/AUOs6SNm_gU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Get well Shortbus, you'll pull through and make SoundMonkey post photos.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

And those negs need to be Portra and Acros too.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Best news.

Hail Satan.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I'm having my stag/bucks night in Las Vegas tomorrow night, all I want to do is sleep.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Didn't die in Vegas, a terrible place.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

They've got a bar in the Whole Foods in Newport Beach CA, saw a lady thinking she was fancy knocking back a gold can Fosters one afternoon.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Oh, and I got married on the weekend and am in the PNW for the honeymoon.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

ansel autisms posted:

If you're in portland hit up the Photo Crew & ditch your wife

I mentioned it to the wife and the "what'd you think?" look :sadwave:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

If you see a guy with a little black Domke bag and a GW690ii in Portland over the weekend, possibly wearing an Angels cap, that's me.

Nearly out of Portra 400.

• Locked thread