Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

8th-snype posted:

FEED ME A PHOTOSHOP

who needs photoshop when you have lightroom sliders

all sliders to the max, all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
how is flickr so broken?

there are photos I've taken that are publically available, but aren't in my photostream, because apparently my photostream is not collection of all photos I have on flickr. I think it's because the Lightroom plugin interacts with the photostream as if it's any other album, so if you happen to have uploaded a photo to flickr through a means other than Lightroom, or upload it via Lightroom but then remove it from Lightroom or delete your catalog accidentally, Lightroom just magically deletes those photos from your photostream--they're still on flickr, but the only way find them is if you already know the link from somewhere else, or if you find them from the albums page on flickr, which will show you photos by a user that are not in that user's photostream, the page that shows you all of a user's photos. If the photo is not in an album, and you have lost the link to it, that picture no longer exists, or at least cannot be found, unless you can guess the number assigned to it.

Let's also talk about numbers, and the photostream itself: if I click on the link to my photostream, it will bring me to a page, and if you scroll to the bottom, it will say you're on page 2. Okay, let's click on the link for page 1. That brings you to the same page of photos, which still says it's page 2, but is composed of the most recent photos in your photostream. Okay, so we're still on page 2, which does not conform to anything I'd expect to be considered a second page, but okay, let's click on page 3. This brings you to the next page of your photostream. At the bottom, it will say it's page 4. Well, alright, if you say so. Let's click on the link for page 5, the last page of your photos. If you scroll to the bottom, it will say you are on no page within your photostream. Pages in your photostream have links at the bottom to other/next/previous page. The current page is displayed in a different color, and it's not a link, because you're already there, so you can't go from where you already are to a different place if that different place is the place you are already at, because then it would not be a "different place".

Fine, this is all well and good. We're at the last page of a list of all your photos that does not include all your photos. That last page is page 5. Let's go to the previous page, which in we can infer, from basic arithmetic, is page 4. Let's click the link to go to the previous page; that link will take us to page 4. You click the link. It takes you to page 5, because that is the page previous to page 5, i.e. page 4. But you're not on page 4, you're on page 5, because that is where the link took you. Was the link right? Can I not do basic arithmetic anymore? Okay, the link was right. 5 - 1 = 5.

Let's back to page 1, by clicking on the link to page 1. Let's then go to the previous page. There's a link at the bottom to the previous page, where it says we're on page 2, which is page 1. Obviously the page previous to page 2 is page 1. Let's click the link to go to the previous page, which is page 1. The link takes us to page 2, which is page 1, because 2 - 1 = 2, much like 5 - 1 = 5.

Flickr runs on computers. Computers are good at math. Look around you. Who's on first?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

dakana posted:

I mean it works it just doesn't work well. The interface and overall user experience is just not good.

Yeah, for the actual "displaying photos" bit it works great.

It's just everything else about the site doesn't work.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Rot posted:

Hi conecat, Jan would like to commiserate:

Some maniac removed her tail on Thursday!

(lump was found, amputation was the quickest, easiest, and safest way to deal with it)

To be honest I don't think she gives a drat about her tail being gone, she just hates that lovely cone.

post alt-shortbus

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

bobmarleysghost posted:

What do you do? I'd def do 10 hour workdays and have 3 day weekends

I do this Sun-Wed and am convinced it is the best schedule. Sundays here are low key as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

I have the LR+PS CC subscription.

The CC app says it has downloaded new LR, while furiously stealing focus every second from my browser window for no obvious reason because the CC app should be nothing more than a license check and download tool.

One shortcut still opens up LR5, which tells me I can upgrade to LR CC and opens a webpage that tells me to buy LR CC.

Another shortcut does nothing.

Both point at the exe according to Windows.

Adobe what have thou wrought.

You can make image editing software with an incredible intuitive UI but apparently a bootstrap download doodad needing only one button and a progress bar is impossible to make.

vse plokho

• Locked thread