Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BANME.sh posted:

somebody called the police on me tonight because i was "acting suspicious" taking long exposures at night. just some random old commercial buildings. i'll consider myself lucky that I wasn't caught taking 20 minute exposures of random houses.

I seriously want to know, however mundane it is, what you told the authorities.

"Just pointing this camera at that building there, for 20 minutes."

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BANME.sh posted:

I was making a reference to ansel autisms' 20 minute exposures. mine were only 1 minute long, and I was approached by the police about 20 minutes later, a few blocks away. I told them I was taking photos, they asked of what, I said old buildings and cars, they asked for my ID, ran it, and then told me to enjoy the rest of the night.

I envy your experience.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Hi Slightly Sepia Winston!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dat rear end! Hail rear end!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Dear weekend thread,

It's my birthday weekend, I think I'll have some light hearted photo fun at a museum tomorrow. Tonight is all about the food and booze.

Hail Satan

VendaGoat.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Spedman posted:

Dear Weekend Thread,

Just had a Saturday breakfast of French toast with broiled banana, chocolate galati and salted caramel sauce, it was delicious. Now I am heading to a craft brewers competition festival where there are 150 beers on tap. Also Australia is playing New Zealand in the Cricket World Cup, 8hrs of sport watching goodness. I'll shoot some X-ray film tomorrow, I promise.

Hugs and kisses
Hail Satan

Spedman

Holy poo poo that sounds loving awesome.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Hi ShortBus! :yayclod:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mrenda posted:

I went to a bar and had a glass of wine and didn't eat bbq'ed pork shoulder because I'm poor.

I'm not sure that is a good enough excuse to not eat BBQ pork

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

8th-snype posted:

Trip report: Walked around comic con for 5 hours, bought a couple of stickers and a gyro. Went to a bar with a friend to wait out the rush hour bus crowding. Stayed at the bar for 4 hours. Got hella drunk, made out with her and took a Lyft home. Now I'm hungover and at work.

Honestly, this is probably one of the best outcomes from attending a comic con. :v:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I went into town, took pictures, drank beer, ate puttanesca pasta. Hail Whores!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
No other reason but I feel like it.

Hail SHortbus!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Elliotw2 posted:

HDR is the most important part of photography, if my Facebook feed is to be believed.

This

:smith:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
How Do I Shot Camera Art?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Photography: I just do this for the Pussy...cats

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

8th-snype posted:

The hottest in weekend fashion statements, my vintage fujifilm airplane pin arrived. I can't find and goddamn Ilford lapel pins WTF brits?

Those are awesome

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Stay Safe Shortbus!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I demand you Hail Satan and a Shortbus Update!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

http://imgur.com/a/Djkth

are any of these good. do we have a thread to help people make edits.

I really like this one.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SoundMonkey posted:

Hail. loving. Satan.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Hail Yard Work... That I have been neglecting by taking pictures every weekend. :(

Lots and lots of yardwork. :smith:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
There aren't bar in grocery stores here, but there are cafes where you can purchase and drink beer.

Pennsylvania and Oregon, two hosed up states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I've used this for other things. Works very well.

Never tried it on a corrupt card though.

Dude, I honestly mean this. Good luck.

• Locked thread